!@#$ WGR

boyst

Anyone listen to it? The do the 1 thing commercials? They have the most insane premises; use thicker curtains to insulate your house better, for example. But, my favorite was how cattle emit poison gases which pollute our environment and the best way you can help avoid contributing is to eat a nice vegetable soup tonight!

This is just hilarious to me. To specifically pick out the cattle industry is hilarious. Hilarious enough to me I looked in to it. A company named Entercom is behind it and that company owns broadcasting stations across the nation, including WGR.

The site:

http://1thingus.com/helpful-links/

leads to many amazing links which show the bias.

and their staitons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_radio_stations_owned_by_Entercom_Communications

I have deleted the app and will enjoy Sirius for the time being.

Anyone listen to it? The do the 1 thing commercials? They have the most insane premises; use thicker curtains to insulate your house better, for example. But, my favorite was how cattle emit poison gases which pollute our environment and the best way you can help avoid contributing is to eat a nice vegetable soup tonight!

This is just hilarious to me. To specifically pick out the cattle industry is hilarious. Hilarious enough to me I looked in to it. A company named Entercom is behind it and that company owns broadcasting stations across the nation, including WGR.

The site:

and their staitons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_radio_stations_owned_by_Entercom_Communications

Heavier curtains do act as better insulation, though.

Heavier curtains do act as better insulation, though.

They can also result in increased condensation on the window and subsequent water damage. The cost of repair or replacement may not be worth the meager energy savings. For my windows the manufacturer says:

Movable insulating materials such as window coverings, shutters and other shading devices may cause thermal stress or excessive condensation, damaging the windows. Andersen Corporation is not responsible for product performance when these kinds of materials or devices are used with our products.

They can also result in increased condensation on the window and subsequent water damage. The cost of repair or replacement may not be worth the meager energy savings. For my windows the manufacturer says:

Yes, but bombing by the Luftwaffe can also damage the windows.

So I'll stick with blackout curtains.

So they'll sell you a high priced window, but as soon as you put curtains up, they won't honor any warranty?

The site:

and their staitons

You have to dig deeper. These are called "public service" ads and are used by stations who can't sell actual ads. It is a government thing, thus the bias. They go after all industry because they are anti-capitalist. They probably target cattle because they perceive it as low hanging fruit and run by rubes.

No, they are saying they won't honor the warranty because of water damage due to your stupidity.

So when it says that,

Andersen Corporation is not responsible for product performance when these kinds of materials or devices (so those would be the aforementioned window coverings, shutters and other shading devices) are used with our products.

they only mean stupid use? I wouldn't hang my warranty claim on that, brah.

Edited by LeviF91

Cattle are worse for the environment (land runoff and use) but they are delicious and good for you.

AM radio hangs on by a thread. Be thankful anyone is advertising.

they also have FM

And the sustainable at push is yuge. The run off is not n issue. It is the grey water from home developments and blacktop that are the dangerous things. Cattle and byproducts are biological. Streams have bacteria which feast on cow Tiberius. Tiberius is not bad, dung beetles eat it, it biodegrades, and for the most part all it does is get on your boots and smell good. A good Tiberius pie isfilled with nutrients for the soil, too.

Cattle and byproducts are biological. Streams have bacteria which feast on cow Tiberius. Tiberius is not bad, dung beetles eat it, it biodegrades, and for the most part all it does is get on your boots and smell good. A good Tiberius pie isfilled with nutrients for the soil, too.

:lol:

they also have FM

And the sustainable at push is yuge. The run off is not n issue. It is the grey water from home developments and blacktop that are the dangerous things. Cattle and byproducts are biological. Streams have bacteria which feast on cow Tiberius. Tiberius is not bad, dung beetles eat it, it biodegrades, and for the most part all it does is get on your boots and smell good. A good Tiberius pie isfilled with nutrients for the soil, too.

Actually, agricultural runoff is a bigger issue than grey water. It causes bacterial and algal blooms that knock ecosystems for a cocked hat.

I believe cow Tiberius is only a small contributor to that, though. The largest contributor by far is fertilizer use; second may be chicken Tiberius.

Actually, agricultural runoff is a bigger issue than grey water. It causes bacterial and algal blooms that knock ecosystems for a cocked hat.

I believe cow Tiberius is only a small contributor to that, though. The largest contributor by far is fertilizer use; second may be chicken Tiberius.

you're smehat correct

The fetilzer is the biget issue but that is not just ag. Sustainable ag is looking at using buffer zones which absorb runoff fro is and Tiberius. There is also methoD's of using the waste runoff to extract bio oils.

Tiberius is not 5he Big pollutant nor is gas. But media is stupid.

you're smehat correct

The fetilzer is the biget issue but that is not just ag. Sustainable ag is looking at using buffer zones which absorb runoff fro is and Tiberius. There is also methoD's of using the waste runoff to extract bio oils.

Tiberius is not 5he Big pollutant nor is gas. But media is stupid.

Adshpjhb w;jfohdal sd ojyeohc n kjwrwns. GHohpowd wjfnd Tiberius ajfrpijwe!

You actually made more sense than him.

my phone was over tasked playing sirius, having a wifi hotspot going, and downloading torrents that the keyboard & browser wouldn't function well.

it's kind of funny, i'll get a call while doing that and my phone will ring but not show who calls. i miss a lot of calls, but i don't have my cell phone for getting calls... that's so 2000's

I think the biggest news of this thread is that stevestojan is finally off the **** list.

What kind of thermal insulation do those brand new windows have to cause that much condensation? That shouldn't be an issue with new windows

I think the biggest news of this thread is that stevestojan is finally off the **** list.

What kind of thermal insulation do those brand new windows have to cause that much condensation? That shouldn't be an issue with new windows

if you want some of the best windows out there, PGT out of Florida has amazing windows.

Anderson, Atrium are all garbage.

Anyway, I actually met SteveStojan in Balitmore this year for the game. He's taller than me, which is rare and has a blonde fro. Super nice funny dude.

I'd bet a few bucks that Boyst is secretly hoping "cocked hat" is something he can do on Saturday night.

wasn't that a scene in breaking bad or was that breaking brad?

Where I live above zero in January is a heat wave. Condensation is a function of the difference between the inside and outside temperatures, the amount of humidity inside, and the temperature gradient through the window. When the window surface drops below the dew point you get condensation.

if you want some of the best windows out there, PGT out of Florida has amazing windows.

We don't get hurricanes and I hate vinyl windows ... they are piss poor in real cold weather climates. Oh ... and PGT can't compete on looks nor would I even consider a manufacturer that serves a niche market with a climate not even close to the one I live in.

We don't get hurricanes and I hate vinyl windows ... they are piss poor in real cold weather climates. Oh ... and PGT can't compete on looks nor would I even consider a manufacturer that serves a niche market with a climate not even close to the one I live in.

somehow in my career i've worked for pgt, atrium and anderson. they're all completely... different companies. atrium was one of the worst companies i worked for, management was terrible over the lemmings which were basically slave labor.

somehow in my career i've worked for pgt, atrium and anderson. they're all completely... different companies. atrium was one of the worst companies i worked for, management was terrible over the lemmings which were basically slave labor.

One of the local building suppliers started carrying Atrium as their cheap line. They also carry Anderson. Where I live vinyl is a poor choice compared to wood as the thermal conductivity of vinyl is twice that of wood. Have a couple of vinyl windows in the upstairs which are noticeably colder when the Arctic air mass makes a visit. Worked with a guy who had amazing windows, don't remember the name of the manufacturer. Triple pane vinyl clad wood at about twice the price of a 400 series Anderson. They looked like an Anderson on steroids.

One of the local building suppliers started carrying Atrium as their cheap line. They also carry Anderson. Where I live vinyl is a poor choice compared to wood as the thermal conductivity of vinyl is twice that of wood. Have a couple of vinyl windows in the upstairs which are noticeably colder when the Arctic air mass makes a visit. Worked with a guy who had amazing windows, don't remember the name of the manufacturer. Triple pane vinyl clad wood at about twice the price of a 400 series Anderson. They looked like an Anderson on steroids.

windows are amazingly complex. 3/16" class, annealed layer with a laminated argon fill glass is where it is at. a few are out that have a 3 level layer laminate. the windows they'd use in florida would last through hurricanes no problem. their french doors were just as strong; in fact there has been numerous times where its been attested to and filmed where people try to bust the doors in and are unsuccessful to break the glass or door.

the engineering of the window is usually a big deal; pgt had a laminated line that was insulated with a foam that was a high grade material.

all in all, if pgt can ever get their ducks in a line they will do well up north.

anderson's issue is that they began losing a lot of quality at the name of expenses and availability. their quality went to **** in the mid 2000's.