Tyrod Not Happy

From a JW article:

Quarterback Tyrod Taylor is unhappy with the Bills' decision to bench him to close the season and questioned whether he's played his final game for Buffalo.

Unless he hears otherwise, Taylor said he can only assume the benching reflects the Bills having lost confidence in him to continue on as their starter.

"That's fair to say. That's what it showed," Taylor said Monday, when Bills players gathered to clear out their lockers a day after a season-ending 30-10 loss at the New York Jets .

"Did I believe that was fair? No, I didn't," Taylor said, adding he's hoping to get a lengthier explanation from the team during exit meetings. "Once we have the conversation and it's actually explained to me why it was done the way it was, we'll move forward from there. But we'll see when that happens."
I get the people who are frustrated with Tyrod and want a different QB. But until we find a better signal caller, I think we need to take care of Tyrod. The Jets game showed us how truly bad our offense can be when the wrong guy lines up under center.
Edited by hondo in seattle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really TT through the season. Didn't think we should keep him but wouldn't be upset if we did. Team looked terrible on Sunday. Part of me thinks he earned 17mil next year by not playing...

BUT....

You DO NOT BAIL on your team because you don't like your situation. That's exactly what he did and I have zero respect for that. Fine, coaches and th FO showed little faith. But if you're the leader you don't run home and cry to the media. You continue to lead, and he didn't.

EJ is the best backup in the NFL according to Whaley. And Tyrod is the worst passing and probably top 10 worst starter. Whaley honestly secretly thought there wasn't going to be much of a drop off

Edited by kdiggz

From a JW article:

Quarterback Tyrod Taylor is unhappy with the Bills' decision to bench him to close the season and questioned whether he's played his final game for Buffalo.

Unless he hears otherwise, Taylor said he can only assume the benching reflects the Bills having lost confidence in him to continue on as their starter.

"That's fair to say. That's what it showed," Taylor said Monday, when Bills players gathered to clear out their lockers a day after a season-ending 30-10 loss at the New York Jets .

"Did I believe that was fair? No, I didn't," Taylor said, adding he's hoping to get a lengthier explanation from the team during exit meetings. "Once we have the conversation and it's actually explained to me why it was done the way it was, we'll move forward from there. But we'll see when that happens."
I get the people who are frustrated with Tyrod and want a different QB. But until we find a better signal caller, I think we need to take care of Tyrod. The Jets game showed us how truly bad our offense can be when the wrong guy lines up under center.

The previous 15 games showed us how truly bad our passing game can be with Tyrod under center.

The Jets game showed us that EJ sucks, Cardale Jones is nowhere near ready and that we have a schitty trio at the most important position on the field.

EJ is the best backup in the NFL according to Whaley. And Tyrod is the worst passing and probably top 10 worst starter. Whaley honestly secretly thought there wasn't going to be much of a drop off

I agree with you. Clearly Whaley does not like Tyrod very much, and deep down he probably still thinks EJ is descent. Always thought Whaley was an average GM but I am starting to thin he is pretty bad

I think Whaley may have changed his assessment after Sunday :sick:

From what's been said by ALynn and others, EJ has looked really good in practice week in and week out. So if you got a QB who is looking good in practice, and who maybe looks better in practice than he looked last year, doesn't it make sense to see where he is in a game one more time before you kick him to the curb?

I agree with you. Clearly Whaley does not like Tyrod very much, and deep down he probably still thinks EJ is descent. Always thought Whaley was an average GM but I am starting to thin he is pretty bad

Where do people get this stuff? Whaley just said in a presser today that he's the one who finally oversees the contracts (at least that's what I understood).

So he oversaw giving Tyrod a deal that is actually kind of limiting for the team in this situation, when Tyrod was still under contract and no raise was necessary. Why would he do that, if he "doesn't like Tyrod very much"?

May be there is a clause in TT contract that does not allow Whaley to openly state that it was a business decision to bench Tyrod. Tyrod definitely knows why the Bills benched him (in fact him and his agent coming out with the groin injury clearly indicates that they are not going to let the Bills play any Injury card) and needs to be a professional about it. Sometimes, things are not exactly what they are.

Where do people get this stuff? Whaley just said in a presser today that he's the one who finally oversees the contracts (at least that's what I understood).

So he oversaw giving Tyrod a deal that is actually kind of limiting for the team in this situation, when Tyrod was still under contract and no raise was necessary. Why would he do that, if he "doesn't like Tyrod very much"?

I of course meant he doesn't like him as a franchise QB, not a person..Whaley gave him a prove it contract, and it is pretty evident the bills/ Whaley aren't sold on tyrod being the QB next year by sitting him the next game. I understand that it was a business decision, but if they were sold on Tyrod being their guy, they wouldn't have to worry about being on the hook for the Injury clause, especially benching him after his best game as a bills. Whaley also said in 2013 that he had a big role in drafting EJ so you can bet your arse he still has a soft spot for him and thinks he is descent

And to answer your last question, who the hell knows why he did that. Why did the bills ink Fitz to 55 million in 2011? Why did the bills draft an injured slow linebacker in last year's draft? Impossible to understand the bills decisions, which is why they are 17 years without a playoff berth

Edited by billsfan11

It was obvious. Bench Taylor because no greater good in playing him to allow for us to get one last look at Manuel. Plus, the bonus of having something to use as a barometer for where Cardale Jones is, lo and behold he is not half as good as those who cried for him to start. He is thad lewis, Jeff Tuel, Brian Brohm, Buddy Brister, etc.

The way I see the Tyrod benching is :

1) Protection from injury.

2) Evaluation of Back up QB's

3) Less chance to win while trying and improving draft pick.

Now Whaley has until March to try and trade for a QB ie Romo (not to fond of but would be upgrade), If San Diego wants to blow it up then Rivers, If Saints want to blow it up then Brees.

Only 3 that would interest me over Tyrod if deal is not pulled off you execute Tyrods contract.

All of these buy time to draft more QB's and Let Jones Develop. I do not see any other way to still give us a chance to make playoffs and not blow up the team ourselves.

I didn't really TT through the season. Didn't think we should keep him but wouldn't be upset if we did. Team looked terrible on Sunday. Part of me thinks he earned 17mil next year by not playing...

BUT....

You DO NOT BAIL on your team because you don't like your situation. That's exactly what he did and I have zero respect for that. Fine, coaches and th FO showed little faith. But if you're the leader you don't run home and cry to the media. You continue to lead, and he didn't.

??? - how did he bail on his team?