With the 10th pick, the Buffalo Bills select....

NewEra

Reuben Foster, LB Alabama. I absolutely love this kid. Athleticism is off the charts. Crazy burst to the ball. Amazing tackler. Very good in coverage. Never leaves the field. Most mocks have him available at 10, but that could change after the championship game and the combine. I view him as a top 3 player in this draft but 4-3 OLBs usually aren't selected that high. I'm praying he falls to us. We HAVE to improve our LBs and tackling. It was embarrassing this season. Ragland inside, Foster outside. Just need another guy to play with them. Preston Brown is garbage. I don't want him to be a starter anymore. Zach Brown would be ok alongside them but I think he's going to sign elsewhere.

I'd also be happy with LsU safety Jamal Adams, but he's probably going too 3-7. Great in coverage and a beast of a tackler. Perfect fit but probably too good to slip. If both of them are gone, Malik Hooker works for me. Our safety position is dreadful. Hookers only been playing football for 5 years and has an innate instinct for the game. I view him a Ed Reed lite. The ability is there. The instincts and feel for the game are there.

With our luck, all 3 will be gone. Then who do you like? Mike Williams or Corey Davis? Both electric and rangy WRs.

CBs Marlon Humphrey and Marshon Lattimore look to be good fits if Gilmore isn't tagged or resigned. Jabril Peppers is a baller. He'd fit the bill at safety if Adams and Hooker are gone.

The guy I like most if Foster, Adams or Hooker are gone is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham. 6'4 230. Played inside in college but I believe 4-3 OLB suits him best. Very good speed, long arms is rangy. Could be special in coverage. He tackles a bit high but still regarded as a very solid tackler. Also has the ability to blitz and get after the QB. I love this kid. I'd be ok if we took him if Hooker was stil on the board.

Any thoughts? Bloke or bandit, have either of you guys scouted Foster or Cunningham yet? I really think a beast LB is our D's biggest need. Safety being a close 2nd followed by WR and RT. I'm done watching Preston brown suck. He's a backup at best. Ragland, if healthy needs to be our starting MLB and Zach being a free agent is an unknown. No one else on this team is worthy of being an NFL starter

Edited by NewEra

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the offense returns intact they can probably spend 2 of their first 3 picks at least on defense if they want to keep using the draft for need philosophy.

Not that excited about using a first on a smallish, non pass rushing LB when better than 50% of snaps will be in nickel or dime and Ragnuts and Pbrown will be on the roster already. Pbrown wasn't bad in Schwartz scheme, maybe he'll be ok in the next one.

If the offense returns intact they can probably spend 2 of their first 3 picks at least on defense if they want to keep using the draft for need philosophy.

Not that excited about using a first on a smallish, non pass rushing LB when better than 50% of snaps will be in nickel or dime and Ragnuts and Pbrown will be on the roster already. Pbrown wasn't bad in Schwartz scheme, maybe he'll be ok in the next one.

I'd rather see if Zach will come back relatively cheap than use a 1st on Foster.

I actually do like foster significantly more than I did Ragland--he's a more complete 'backer. If I'm a team that slots 18-25 and I feel good about front 4, I'd strongly consider him.

Deshaun Watson or Adams/Hooker/Peppers.

Unless they are geniuses and trade up for Trubisky.

Can't see Watson as a first round pick, let alone top-10 selection. Second round - maybe if they keep Tyrod or take Mike Williams to catch Watkins' off-target passes.

I see Watkins as a bit better passer than Tyrod Taylor, but a much lesser running threat. Can Watson's sub-NFL standard passing be better than Taylor's pass/run combo? I'd take my chances on Taylor and pick Williams or the top safety available.

Can't see Watson as a first round pick, let alone top-10 selection. Second round - maybe if they keep Tyrod or take Mike Williams to catch Watkins' off-target passes.

I see Watkins as a bit better passer than Tyrod Taylor, but a much lesser running threat. Can Watson's sub-NFL standard passing be better than Taylor's pass/run combo? I'd take my chances on Taylor and pick Williams or the top safety available.

I agree with you on Deshaun Watson. I can't see him being any better than Tyrod throwing wise and he's not as good an athlete is Tyrod. Therefor he would really be a downgrade to Tyrod except we would probably have to spend a first rounder on him.

I think our number one need is safety or WR. But I would not be opposed to taking Rueben foster if he were there. I think he'd be great. He is athletic, rangy, aggressive and seems like he really hits hard.

In reality we are also gonna need a DT early too. Even if Kyle comes back, he probably only has one year left.

I know RT is a huge need but the way to go lately seems like signing FA o line (see Oakland). Just seems like Whaley doesn't evaluate o line very well draft-wise.

Reuben Foster, LB Alabama. I absolutely love this kid. Athleticism is off the charts. Crazy burst to the ball. Amazing tackler. Very good in coverage. Never leaves the field. Most mocks have him available at 10, but that could change after the championship game and the combine. I view him as a top 3 player in this draft but 4-3 OLBs usually aren't selected that high. I'm praying he falls to us. We HAVE to improve our LBs and tackling. It was embarrassing this season. Ragland inside, Foster outside. Just need another guy to play with them.

I'd also be happy with LsU safety Jamal Adams, but he's probably going too 3-7. Great in coverage and a beast of a tackler. Perfect fit but probably too good to slip. If both of them are gone, Malik Hooker works for me. Our safety position is dreadful.

With our luck, all 3 will be gone. Then who do you like? Mike Williams or Corey Davis? Both electric and rangy WRs.

The guy I like most if Foster, Adams or Hooker are gone is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham. 6'4 230. Played inside in college but I believe 4-3 OLB suits him best. Very good speed, long arms is rangy. Could be special in coverage. He tackles a bit high but still regarded as a very solid tackler. Also has the ability to blitz and get after the QB. I love this kid. I'd be ok if we took him if Hooker was stil on the board.

I was thinking the other day that if Bradley comes in as DC, Foster would be the perfect fit at LB for his defense as a Bobby Wagner type. I think he's a top 10 guy myself. Love Hooker or Adams too, both are talented enough to make it worth going Safety at ten, both are top 10 talents IMO. Foster is going to go higher than most think, watch last years NCG, he's got a Kuechly/Willis level skill set. I am not sure yet if he's capable of making the defensive calls, but if he does/can...

If these 3 are off the board, and no QB worthy is there (I don't see one myself), Corey Davis would be worthy IMO, my #1 WR and a more diverse WR than Mike Williams (that name alone gives me pause) who would work if the other 4 are off the board. Haven't seen enough of Cunningham to comment. not a Peppers fan myself.

I know RT is a huge need but the way to go lately seems like signing FA o line (see Oakland). Just seems like Whaley doesn't evaluate o line very well draft-wise.

they've drafted 3 O-linemen since 2014. One starts at RG and got pretty good reviews this year, one has started at LT 3-4 times this year and received glowing reviews, and one was released (5th rounder). Seems he's done pretty well.

Preston brown sucks. He's slow and doesn't diagnose fast enough. He's a backup talent and one of the reasons our run d sucks