With the 10th pick, the Buffalo Bills select....

NewEra

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see if Zach will come back relatively cheap than use a 1st on Foster.

I actually do like foster significantly more than I did Ragland--he's a more complete 'backer. If I'm a team that slots 18-25 and I feel good about front 4, I'd strongly consider him.

That's why I think he'd be perfect for us. He's complete. I view him as a kuechly, Willis, bowman type player....but he'd be playing outside. He's violent. I love this kid

Im conflicted. I the like idea of Williams or Davis. Davis has some monster production in college. Guy who can work the middle. Plus I think Woods is gone and I could care less if we bring back Goodwin. So our WRs depth is pretty thin. Our safety postion is also thin and there are some good ones for the taking. Plus you will have the QBs and how they get graded out over the coming months.

I like the WR first, then give the rest of the picks to the Secondary.

Edited by billsfan714

Reuben Foster, LB Alabama. I absolutely love this kid. Athleticism is off the charts. Crazy burst to the ball. Amazing tackler. Very good in coverage. Never leaves the field. Most mocks have him available at 10, but that could change after the championship game and the combine. I view him as a top 3 player in this draft but 4-3 OLBs usually aren't selected that high. I'm praying he falls to us. We HAVE to improve our LBs and tackling. It was embarrassing this season. Ragland inside, Foster outside. Just need another guy to play with them. Preston Brown is garbage. I don't want him to be a starter anymore. Zach Brown would be ok alongside them but I think he's going to sign elsewhere.

I'd also be happy with LsU safety Jamal Adams, but he's probably going too 3-7. Great in coverage and a beast of a tackler. Perfect fit but probably too good to slip. If both of them are gone, Malik Hooker works for me. Our safety position is dreadful. Hookers only been playing football for 5 years and has an innate instinct for the game. I view him a Ed Reed lite. The ability is there. The instincts and feel for the game are there.

With our luck, all 3 will be gone. Then who do you like? Mike Williams or Corey Davis? Both electric and rangy WRs.

CBs Marlon Humphrey and Marshon Lattimore look to be good fits if Gilmore isn't tagged or resigned. Jabril Peppers is a baller. He'd fit the bill at safety if Adams and Hooker are gone.

The guy I like most if Foster, Adams or Hooker are gone is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham. 6'4 230. Played inside in college but I believe 4-3 OLB suits him best. Very good speed, long arms is rangy. Could be special in coverage. He tackles a bit high but still regarded as a very solid tackler. Also has the ability to blitz and get after the QB. I love this kid. I'd be ok if we took him if Hooker was stil on the board.

Any thoughts? Bloke or bandit, have either of you guys scouted Foster or Cunningham yet? I really think a beast LB is our D's biggest need. Safety being a close 2nd followed by WR and RT. I'm done watching Preston brown suck. He's a backup at best. Ragland, if healthy needs to be our starting MLB and Zach being a free agent is an unknown. No one else on this team is worthy of being an NFL starter

Excellent post.

Would be happy with any of your top 3. There is usually a run on a position early in the first round. Hopefully teams draft QB's too high which will push the real talent down.

FA will determine needs of course, but assuming they pick up TT's option they will have more holes to fill than draft picks thanks to Whaley moving up time after time. If there is no run on safeties, Whaley should drop down 6 or 7 spots and pick up another second round pick.

Excellent post.

Would be happy with any of your top 3. There is usually a run on a position early in the first round. Hopefully teams draft QB's too high which will push the real talent down.

FA will determine needs of course, but assuming they pick up TT's option they will have more holes to fill than draft picks thanks to Whaley moving up time after time. If there is no run on safeties, Whaley should drop down 6 or 7 spots and pick up another second round pick.

Thank you

I don't know if there will rbs "run" on safeties,

But I'm fairly certain the adams will be gone by the time we pick. If he isn't, we should run to the podium. After adams, I think Hooker can be a special player, but can we afford to trade down if adams is gone and risk losing hooker? While

I love acquiring more picks I don't like passing on the special players.

Adams is the #1 guy on my board other than Garrett, especially in a situation drafting for need. We neeeeeeed some talent at safety. Then the other part of my brain says we neeeeeeed a monster LB. a difference maker. I think Ragland will a dependable leader but not a special player. Foster can be special.

This post is all over the place; was talking with my fiancé and lost focus, sorry

Anybody watch Packers o-line. Best OT is Bulaga playing RT with a young fourth rounder just signed to an extension playing very well at LT.

My point, move Glenn to RT and play Kujo at LT. One less problem to deal with this off-season.

That's the kind of question I would have liked to hear addressed at Whaley's Presser today.

That's why I think he'd be perfect for us. He's complete. I view him as a kuechly, Willis, bowman type player....but he'd be playing outside. He's violent. I love this kid

He could play inside no doubt about it, takes on blocks with the strength to anchor, ability to stack and shed. This guy wont be limited to OLB in the NFL why I think he goes higher than many others do, he's an inside out eraser, obviously I agree with the Kuechly/Willis comp. He'd instantly be our best backer.

He could play inside no doubt about it, takes on blocks with the strength to anchor, ability to stack and shed. This guy wont be limited to OLB in the NFL why I think he goes higher than many others do, he's an inside out eraser, obviously I agree with the Kuechly/Willis comp. He'd instantly be our best backer.

With Ragland already here he'd have to play outside,

But I agree, he can do it all. That being said, let

Ragland do what he does best, play MLB and Foster can be Derrick Brooks. Another guy he compares favorably to imo.

With Ragland already here he'd have to play outside,

But I agree, he can do it all. That being said, let

Ragland do what he does best, play MLB and Foster can be Derrick Brooks. Another guy he compares favorably to imo.

Another solid comp, I'd take Brooks at 10 in any draft. I'll be interested to see who ends up as the DC next year, both could be playing ILB in a 34, or if a guy like Gus Bradley comes in Ragland could be obsolete, I do like the thought of both on the field even in a 43, nothing wrong with two hammers on the field. I was not impressed with the Browns Brothers tackling at all towards the end of the season, I'd be fine with replacing them both.

I'd rather see if Zach will come back relatively cheap than use a 1st on Foster.

I actually do like foster significantly more than I did Ragland--he's a more complete 'backer. If I'm a team that slots 18-25 and I feel good about front 4, I'd strongly consider him.

Me too but we will see what the Bills new DC's evaluation is on Zach. Wasn't loving his tackling in second half of season. He wasn't the only one but he was one of the arm tacklers and guys that weren't flying to the ball and gang tackling.

Somebody who the "experts" and mock drafts have rated as late 1st round.

Who? Foster? He's rated all over the first rd,

From 4 to 25 from wat I've seen. Derrick Brooks was also rated as 20-30 as was ray lewis. Niners got bowman in rd 3. I'm not saying I'm a guru or anything, but when I see Foster play, I see a special player and would love to draft him at 10. I could care less about the "experts" and mock drafts.

I have eyes. I can see

:edit: I just googled mock drafts and filtered the past 24 hours. The first 8 mock drafts had foster being drafted between 7-11. Stop looking after 8. He won't be drafted after 15 unless some red flags pop up that we've yet to hear about. I personally think he'll go top 9 and won't be available to us. But I'm hoping he is. We need some LB thunder. Preston sucks and Zach fell off halfway through the season. Watching him run in snow was comical. Laveon walked for 200+ yards. Don't think he ever actually ran

Edited by NewEra