Perhaps Buffalo needs to Draft a competent Sports Media

gjv001

I find it hard to believe the ineptness of the Buffalo Sports Media at the Whaley news conference today. No one asked Whaley his "personel evaluation" on Tyrod Taylor performance this year. Specifically did he, Whaley, feel Tyrod did enough to justify signing him for the next season. Instead they allowed Whaley to defect the answer to the topic of resigning Taylor to " standard year end players, coaches, and other Bill's personnel evauation by committee" at a later date. How sad.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. here are some question I would be interested in having answered

Can you tell us what your evaluation of David carr during the draft process

Did you view either of the top two qb;s taken last year a franchise type qbs

there have been reports that players are sleeping during meeting, care to comment

not what do you do for a living

there have been reports that players are sleeping during meeting, care to comment

Your already more talented than Bucky and Sullivan.

The media seemed hyper focused on analyzing who fired Rex, how, and what role Whaley played in benching Taylor. It was an interesting 45 minute convo. I'm sure Whaley hit the showers afterwards. When does Russ Brandon address the media?

Unfortunately, most of the Sports media has set into coast mode by just being a glorified message board warrior. Tim Graham wonders why he was fired from espn. Sully wonders why his opinion isn't worshiped on the same level as the Bible. Vic lets the others write his articles for him while he tries to find Larry Felser.

It would be nice to get some competent reporters who understand how ask tough questions and be critical of the franchise without just devolving to some sort of irate old man yelling at the clouds routine.

I find it hard to believe the ineptness of the Buffalo Sports Media at the Whaley news conference today. No one asked Whaley his "personel evaluation" on Tyrod Taylor performance this year. Specifically did he, Whaley, feel Tyrod did enough to justify signing him for the next season. Instead they allowed Whaley to defect the answer to the topic of resigning Taylor to " standard year end players, coaches, and other Bill's personnel evauation by committee" at a later date. How sad.

Actually it was asked whether in Whaley's personal evaluation, Taylor had done enough for the Bills to pick up his option.

It doesn't matter. Whaley would've said we'll decide with our new HC.

And that's what he did say

It's locker clean out day.

Also, should be Whaley clean out your desk day...followed by Russ clean out your desk....Overdorf just leave and never come back

That press conference was one of the worst conferences I've ever seen or heard. I don't blame the Buffalo media for doing what they did. I do blame the Pegulas, of which, should become owners of their franchise and let go of the Ralph puppets that have hindered this club.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Unfortunately, most of the Sports media has set into coast mode by just being a glorified message board warrior. Tim Graham wonders why he was fired from espn. Sully wonders why his opinion isn't worshiped on the same level as the Bible. Vic lets the others write his articles for him while he tries to find Larry Felser.

It would be nice to get some competent reporters who understand how ask tough questions and be critical of the franchise without just devolving to some sort of irate old man yelling at the clouds routine.

Absolutely, there were several bombshells in there that weren't followed up. One was Whaley's statement that he thought they'd have $10-30M of cap "depending on what we do". OvertheCap, with Taylor included, currently projects the cap at $22M. Wondering what would get it up to $30M or down to $10 - would have liked to see that followed up.

Another was when pressed, Whaley said he approved the contracts. That is interesting because I thought it was Overdorf and up through Brandon to the Pegulas. I would have liked some probing of that, is there a level where you sign off and a level where it does go to the Pegulas or to Overdorf/Littman?

The thing that bugged me is a reporter asking repeated questions that showed a fundamental ignorance of the Bills basic (and publicized) reporting structure, where Rex never reported to Whaley and Whaley never had control to fire him.

Do your homework, Man.

The buffalo media lives in its own little echo chamber. And they haven't been relevant for years. When's the last time one of them ended up making it big?

Just like the bills relevant right

:thumbsup:

Wonder if that's why Washington was benched. :bag:

The buffalo media lives in its own little echo chamber. And they haven't been relevant for years. When's the last time one of them ended up making it big?

Ty Dunne? John Wawrow?

You guys keep clicking and they'll remain in place. I haven't clocked a BN link all year. They're an embarrassment and should all be fired. I don't know what their agenda is but it's definitely not to give Bills fans information on the Bills.

As a fan of another pro team in another sport (the Oilers) I can tell you it's refreshing not having a bunch of back slapping lemmings who are more afraid of losing their press buffet and locker room access than asking tough questions

Personally I think you need your media to error on the side of being over the top in terms of not viewing a team with rose colored glasses

And that's what he did say

Oh, and what will happen. Oh, and what is exactly what should happen.

Absolutely, there were several bombshells in there that weren't followed up. One was Whaley's statement that he thought they'd have $10-30M of cap "depending on what we do". OvertheCap, with Taylor included, currently projects the cap at $22M. Wondering what would get it up to $30M or down to $10 - would have liked to see that followed up.

Another was when pressed, Whaley said he approved the contracts. That is interesting because I thought it was Overdorf and up through Brandon to the Pegulas. I would have liked some probing of that, is there a level where you sign off and a level where it does go to the Pegulas or to Overdorf/Littman?

The thing that bugged me is a reporter asking repeated questions that showed a fundamental ignorance of the Bills basic (and publicized) reporting structure, where Rex never reported to Whaley and Whaley never had control to fire him.

Do your homework, Man.

1. The 10-30 is obviously Tyrod.

2. Whaley was always responsible for the salary cap. He signs off on the contracts that Overdose negotiates. Whaley and JO would have already discussed parameters of deals depending on what Whaley and his team think a player is worth. That was Whaley again covering for one of his team, taking the responsibility. It's true in a buck stops here sense.

Third rate team, third rate media market. The crappy sports media actually annoys me more than the team's performance. The Bills clearly face clearly superior opponents all the time. Scope, Bullfrog, Sully, Vic, Buscaglioni, none of those guys have to write stories or deliver on-air content with a defense in their face. So what's their excuse for being such medium talents?

Edited by jimmy10

You guys keep clicking and they'll remain in place. I haven't clocked a BN link all year. They're an embarrassment and should all be fired. I don't know what their agenda is but it's definitely not to give Bills fans information on the Bills.

That's just it... Some of us want info not controversy. Especially made up stretches from tiny pieces of truth. Some of us don't care about the drama within the building that doesn't truly affect anything and happens all over.