Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

that would be so freakin awesome to be the first nfl team with a female head coach

obviously shes nowhere near ready, and even if she was it would be a cold day in hell before that old boys network ever let a chick be hc

but it would be freakin awesome

@TBNSports

.@VicCarucci & @JaySkurski discuss the #Bills' coaching moves on the new [bN] Blitz Podcast: http://bit.ly/2k7x4IT

how bad is it that i dont even want to listen to this anymore bc vic carucci is in it?

hes been such a total choad over this whole bills dysfunction thing that he has zero credibility left to me. its super annoying listening to these jerkoffs create all kinds of fiction just to sell clicks

i used to like vic and now i have no interest anymore in hearing what he has to say

that would be so freakin awesome to be the first nfl team with a female head coach

obviously shes nowhere near ready, and even if she was it would be a cold day in hell before that old boys network ever let a chick be hc

but it would be freakin awesome

how bad is it that i dont even want to listen to this anymore bc vic carucci is in it?

hes been such a total choad over this whole bills dysfunction thing that he has zero credibility left to me. its super annoying listening to these jerkoffs create all kinds of fiction just to sell clicks

i used to like vic and now i have no interest anymore in hearing what he has to say

I only listened to about 5 minutes of it.

Fits my feelings to a T. When Vic came back to Buffalo from Cleveland I rejoiced, recalling what a good reporter he was back in the 90s.

I don't know if I liked Vic more then because the team was good, or if he really was that much better -- but boy, is he awful now. I hate to pull the age card but I think Vic is an old man working in a young man's world these days -- it probably saddens him that he has to put out the "bait and click" rumors in order to keep his editors happy. He'd be fine if he just stuck to analyzing the play on the field, but that's not what the paper wants.

The local media are like a fraternity, though -- they won't criticize each other in public and if you ask anyone about Vic they'll only say how absolutely wonderful he is. And I'm sure he's a terrific guy.

yeah its sad. back when larry felser was burning up with quality columns the bflo news was a fantastic sports media source. the whole paper back then was a terrific quality resource. i lived in wdc and used to have that paper delivered just to read their take on everything

those days are gone forever. papers can hardly survive anymore, and unless they are the ny times or the wdc post they have to do it by being as salacious as possible to get ppl to land on their site and generate ad revenue

and thats not even including the general move to national enquirer style 'news' that our entire media has devolved to. at least half the stuff that was said during our presidential election was hyper spinning at best, bald faced lying at worst

electronic media has forever changed how we produce and consume news. i hope someday we can get back to some level of journalistic integrity, but its going to be difficult with all the emphasis on generating clicks above all else

yeah its sad. back when larry felser was burning up with quality columns the bflo news was a fantastic sports media source. the whole paper back then was a terrific quality resource. i lived in wdc and used to have that paper delivered just to read their take on everything

those days are gone forever. papers can hardly survive anymore, and unless they are the ny times or the wdc post they have to do it by being as salacious as possible to get ppl to land on their site and generate ad revenue

and thats not even including the general move to national enquirer style 'news' that our entire media has devolved to. at least half the stuff that was said during our presidential election was hyper spinning at best, bald faced lying at worst

electronic media has forever changed how we produce and consume news. i hope someday we can get back to some level of journalistic integrity, but its going to be difficult with all the emphasis on generating clicks above all else

After the third SB loss Felser basically insisted everyone should be fired in an article.

But let's not let facts and circumstances clarify your misty water-colored memories of the way they werrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Losing makes the average fans less interested and subsequently football-dumber and the media more critical.

Yep. I think I liked the BS "dysfunction" talk better.

Not me. Too much heightened passion as opposed to reasoned discussion based on the merits of the situation at hand as if the team should operate and make decisions based on the dreaded 17 years.

Not me. Too much heightened passion as opposed to reasoned discussion based on the merits of the situation at hand as if the team should operate and make decisions based on the dreaded 17 years.

I think a normal fan in a normal NFL city would be open-minded - maybe even optimistic - about the coaching staff we're putting together. There might be some uncertainty about a few of these guys but nothing to lead to doom and gloom expectations.

But as a fan of the Buffalo Bills, it seems the logical thing to do is expect failure. We've failed for 17 years and there's no compelling reason to expect that streak will not continue. We didn't - after all - hire Vince Lombardi.

I think a normal fan in a normal NFL city would be open-minded - maybe even optimistic - about the coaching staff we're putting together. There might be some uncertainty about a few of these guys but nothing to lead to doom and gloom expectations.

But as a fan of the Buffalo Bills, it seems the logical thing to do is expect failure. We've failed for 17 years and there's no compelling reason to expect that streak will not continue. We didn't - after all - hire Vince Lombardi.

It's completely your prerogative if you want to act as if the people running things now from ownership on down are responsible for 17 years and who the heck was Vince Lombardi before he instilled a winning culture in the Green Bay Packers who were much more of a sad sack franchise then than the Bills are now.

It's completely your prerogative if you want to act as if the people running things now from ownership on down are responsible for 17 years and who the heck was Vince Lombardi before he instilled a winning culture in the Green Bay Packers who were much more of a sad sack franchise then than the Bills are now.

It's all about hope to me. Some have lost perspective on the situation, they just assume, for protection, that the future will be the past.

I like to think a few of us are tough enough as fans to be hopeful. Not saying it's easy, but I see no reason to fall down the tunnel of despair before it happens.