Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

The Bills are said to be very high on Carolina's DC Sean McDermott. He and A. Lynn are likely running neck and neck to be Buffalo's new HC.

Mike McCoy, San Diego's latest HC to be fired, is now available and is said to be the best OC on the market.

It's believed that if McDermott were hired by Buffalo to be their HC that he would hire McCoy to be his OC. That by itself doesn't intrigue me very much, but what if McCoy could somehow sway QB Philip Rivers to come to Buffalo??

What are your thoughts on a McDermott, McCoy, McRivers combination??

Certainly McDermott wouldn't be everyone's first choice for HC, but given the candidates that the Bills are currently interviewing (i.e. none of them are high profile HCs and none have experience as an NFL HC) McDermott does seem to be the best of the bunch.

Your thoughts??

The Bills are said to be very high on Carolina's DC Sean McDermott. He and A. Lynn are likely running neck and neck to be Buffalo's new HC.

Mike McCoy, San Diego's latest HC to be fired, is now available and is said to be the best OC on the market.

It's believed that if McDermott were hired by Buffalo to be their HC that he would hire McCoy to be his OC. That by itself doesn't intrigue me very much, but what if McCoy could somehow sway QB Philip Rivers to come to Buffalo??

What are your thoughts on a McDermott, McCoy, McRivers combination??

Certainly McDermott wouldn't be everyone's first choice for HC, but given the candidates that the Bills are currently interviewing (i.e. none of them are high profile HCs and none have experience as an NFL HC) McDermott does seem to be the best of the bunch.

Your thoughts??

will he the second coming of Gus Bradley ?

I would be shocked if McCoy came to Buffalo as the OC for McDermott. Seems like he will have better offers and why would he rush into this situation instead of taking a year off if this was his only option for this year?

I would be shocked if McCoy came to Buffalo as the OC for McDermott. Seems like he will have better offers and why would he rush into this situation instead of taking a year off if this was his only option for this year?

Because its career suicide, also coaches will never wait, they take a job that is open. There are only so many to go around.

Leroi is selling this in the shout box right now...

Said we are in Charlotte right now negotiating with him to be the HC and McCoy is OC. Whaley led the search, Monos sold it and everyone is in agreement...

Also said we interviewed for 9 hours in MYC with McDermott and decision to move on from TT was made weeks ago. last he heard was Brees for a replacement, but that was months ago...

Edited by Reed83HOF

Leroi is selling this in the shout box right now...

Said we are in Charlotte right now negotiating with him to be the HC and McCoy is OC. Whaley led the search, Monos sold it and everyone is in agreement...

Also said we interviewed for 9 hours in MYC with McDermott and decision to move on from TT was made weeks ago. last he heard was Brees for a replacement, but that was months ago...

Yes, confirmed. We picked MickieD up from NYC after his meeting with the 9rs. We didn't negotiate in NY, we currently are, in Charlotte.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

I'm surprised McCoy would come to Buffalo. He's the #1 OC candidate and we have no qb

Leroi said there were discussion about a move for Brees earlier. Or maybe he likes Cardale, or maybe he likes a QB coming out? I'm pretty sure he made an offense work with Tebow, so really anything is possible.

He was the name that came to mind for me too. Coaching DBs in Baltimore...

Yep, I'd be very happy with that. 2 former HCs as coordinators to support our first time HC