And with that....EJ rides off into the sunset

Too bad EJ didn't work out, that he was not a better quarterback.

Good guy, good for the area, but cannot throw the football where it needs to be thrown. Today, he looked as bad as he ever has, clearly having regressed this year, with almost no glimpse of quality play. (I was happy on the few balls that were actually in the general vicinity..) If today was any indication, he may not get another look in the NFL. But he is young, rich, and I am sure being an NFL quarterback looks good on a resume.

Painful to watch today, though, thought he would show other teams something. But nothing there.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The college game was too fast for him. Ask any Florida State fan. That's why they dumbed down the offense for him.

He seemed like a nice guy. It's where he was picked then forced down a coaches throat by a GM in way over his head that did him in.

Second rate (at best) QB coaching did not help. In fact IIRC he had no QB coach his first year? He was set up to fail from day one.

Yes to all, especially the first part. Goes down as another incredibly bad draft day decision by OBD.

Agreed. I have no ill will towards the guy.

He seems like a genuinely decent human being, it appears he put in the hard work to try and improve...he just wasn't good at the QB position. The game was just too fast for him.

don't forget the horrible accuracy.

Since no one has posted it yet...

the best QB picker of all time.

I really like EJ's attitude and his reported work ethic.

And there were moments in his career when he looked like a NFL QB. There are some pretty passes in his resume.

But after today, all I can do is wish him well on another team.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Has David Lee ever done a good job?

Tony Romo?

Everyone on this forum hated the pick, it was such an obvious blatant reach. Sometimes I wonder if board members are smarter than NFL GMS.

I remember the board wanting either Gino Smith or Ryan Nassib.

When EJ missed Clay wide open at the goal line on a 15 yard throw that was pretty much it. A QB has to make that throw. No excuses. His accuracy and mechanics are terrible. If people want to blame that on coaching or 'mishandling' then they're in denial of observed reality. By now either he has 'it' or he doesn't. The tape doesn't lie.

Seriously, what team is going to be interested in picking him up after this performance?