And with that....EJ rides off into the sunset

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The college game was too fast for him. Ask any Florida State fan. That's why they dumbed down the offense for him.

He seemed like a nice guy. It's where he was picked then forced down a coaches throat by a GM in way over his head that did him in.

Second rate (at best) QB coaching did not help. In fact IIRC he had no QB coach his first year? He was set up to fail from day one.

I really roll my eyes at this narrative. Marrone had his chance to weigh on on keeping Fitz. I think it's reasonable to assume he bought into the concept of going after a different FA vet for EJ to develop behind.

You might consider slipping on a bath mat then getting a concussion to knock Kolb out "forcing the rookie down his throat", but really, that's a strange way of looking at a starting situation that developed because of back to back injuries.

Was Dak Prescott "forced down the Cowboys throat" by Romo's injury?

Marrone also had his chance to weigh in on the draft board. No GM develops a draft board without input from his HC.

I really roll my eyes at this narrative. Marrone had his chance to weigh on on keeping Fitz. I think it's reasonable to assume he bought into the concept of going after a different FA vet for EJ to develop behind.

You might consider slipping on a bath mat then getting a concussion to knock Kolb out "forcing the rookie down his throat", but really, that's a strange way of looking at a starting situation that developed because of back to back injuries.

Marrone also had his chance to weigh in on the draft board. No GM develops a draft board without input from his HC.

Fair enough. I was under the opinion those two didn't get along from day one. Marrone's " well fire me now" type comment in TC was the begining of the end. Ej sure as heck is /was no Dak Prescott either. apples & Oranges.

The GM didn't exactly do much in the off-season to help out the situation. Had EJ, Kolb, Tuel and Lewis. Then in the off-season they signed.... no one at QB worth a damn (actually I don't think they signed anyone honestly) until they got Orton to sign 4 weeks in.

That being said, not getting another QB during the off-season either meant, they were ok with sticking with EJ or no one was available at the time.

Also I'm saying this in agreement with you even though it doesn't read that way.

Edited by The Wiz

He wasn't a consistently accurate passer in college, and he wasn't accurate enough for the NFL. Probably not good enough for the CFL. Seemed like a nice guy, and a hard worker. Just not good enough to be qualified to hold a very hard job.