Has Tyrod Progressed In 2 Years

PolishDave

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This post, whether talking about players or coaches is just so much bunk. There are 32 NFL teams given a choice of being a HC or not...they all will take the job. With players...it's all about the money.

There have been coordinators to turn down HC positions if they dont like the situation - its actually the smart thing to do. And of course there are also HC that would rather go back to being coordinators than be the HC at Buffalo. Its not bunk.

No....Tyrod has not shown progress.....you actually could make a case for regression to be pefectly honest.

I choose not to say regression because Tyrod is a system qb and he didnt have a lot of his system pieces all year.

but progression? No

Bingo. Respect even one of the staunchest supporters over the year that had some lively debates with can even see it clearly

Tyrod is not a 2nd year pro on a rookie contract...So I really don't see how progression even matters at this point...Unless it was HUGE positive progression...All that matters is production vs cap impact now...The Bills don't have the luxury of hoping for further progression...Taylor has to be paid now... B-)

He has shown marginal progress , played better when he had his targets . Not so well with street FAs and the relatively useless Goodwin. Incomplete at best for 2016 grade. Doesn't help much making the decision on his option. The Defense needs fixing. Can the Bills win with Tyrod and a retooled defense in a better scheme? The new HC and Whaley will decide.

Has TT progressed from a season (2015) that was statistically equivalent to the season RG3 had when he won rookie of the year? No he didnt. He also had a change in offensive coordinator. Percy harvin come out of retirement. A street FA at WR. And the likes of Powell and Goodwin as his primary targets. So no he didnt progress. He also didnt have an EJ Manuel type season. But hes starting on Sunday. Go figure.

Edited by bobobonators

We sure live in a very impatient society now. There once was a time when it took a few years for a QB to develop. We no longer want to give them that luxury. Has TT shown us he can make NFL throws? Yes. Is he inconsistent? Very. Remember Brees and Cousins were both horrible inconsistent their 1st 2 years. Rushing QB are even worse. Every rushing QB regresses their sophomore year, including Wilson and Newton. I can almost guarantee you Prescott will regress next season.

Will TT be the answer? I don't know. But there are no viable alternatives. In the least, he can serve as a bridge QB as we "develop" one.

Edited by Saint Doug

We sure live in a very impatient society now. There once was a time when it took a few years for a QB to develop. We no longer want to give them that luxury. Has TT shown us he can make NFL throws? Yes. Is he inconsistent? Very. Remember Brees and Cousins were both horrible inconsistent their 1st 2 years. Rushing QB are even worse. Every rushing QB regresses their sophomore year, including Wilson and Newton. I can almost guarantee you Prescott will regress next season.

Will TT be the answer? I don't know. But there are no viable alternatives. In the least, he can serve as a bridge QB as we "develop" one.

Did you just use impatience to describe the judgement of TT after 6 years in the NFL?

In fact TT is a product of the exact progression you are looking for. The NFL has given him 6 years. But no he hasn't progressed a noticeable amount. Tight throws, mid range ball placement, reading defenses, and ability to see the middle of the field did not move the needle very much.

Did you just use impatience to describe the judgement of TT after 6 years in the NFL?

In fact TT is a product of the exact progression you are looking for. The NFL has given him 6 years. But no he hasn't progressed a noticeable amount. Tight throws, mid range ball placement, reading defenses, and ability to see the middle of the field did not move the needle very much.

Youre right. And he made the pro bowl last season, named an alternate this season. Cut him.

2 seasons as a starter in the NFL. 2 years where the words pro bowl appear next to him. Cut him.

Youre right. And he made the pro bowl last season, named an alternate this season. Cut him.

2 seasons as a starter in the NFL. 2 years where the words pro bowl appear next to him. Cut him.

My feelings on this situation are going to change with who fall into place as coaches.....because that is going to determine scheme.

Is Lynn the HC? Does he move Kromer to OC? In those situations I def keep TT and his option.

If we move away from Lynn? Go to a more passing oriented option? THis does not parlay to TT's strengths as a qb

I am a fan of TT.....I think he has a place in the NFL and not having Sammy and Woods most of the year really hurt him......

There have been coordinators to turn down HC positions if they dont like the situation - its actually the smart thing to do. And of course there are also HC that would rather go back to being coordinators than be the HC at Buffalo. Its not bunk.

Care to name all these HC who would rather take coordinator positions than come here at this point?

For that matter all these coordinators who would rather remain coordinators than come here?

You seem well-informed, so I hope you'll satisfy our curiousity.

I can see coordinators on a championship team preferring to stay there in some instances.

No he hasnt progressed and sorry a guy that is using 1 and the best game he has played as proof is laughable actually.

Even his staunchest supporters have to realize that

So you would rather he chose from his worse game at the beginning of the year to see how he progresses? Progress seems to mean judging at the end and the end just so happened to be his best right?

Hard to say given that he didnt have his best receiver half the year and now we find out hes been playing hurt and needs surgery. 7th in the league in scoring. He doesnt turn the ball over. Consistently makes plays with his legs other QBS cant. So the solution is to cut him and go with an unknown. No hes not Tom Brady but this is the best offense we have had in forever. Really dont understand why some think we are better off without him when we have no idea who his replacement is. Sounds like a strategy to finish 1-15 next year and draft a qb. The fans will be thrilled with that. Whose coming out next year at that position? Any big names yet?

Edited by TANK2

Did you just use 6 years to describe the experience of a QB who hadn't even stepped on to an NFL field until last season?

Some QBs, you know, have to play in actual games to learn how to be a QB.

I swear, even if we had Russel friggin Wilson as our QB, people would be calling for his head. I'm curious, let's say our defense remained top 5 (or even top 10) and we made the playoffs. Would people still want to move on from TT?

Edited by Saint Doug