Has Tyrod Progressed In 2 Years

PolishDave

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do not have chemistry with those receivers it doesnt matter......all qbs on all teams have open recievers

John you dont need Chemsitry really. Thats a Myth. Timing is important. Throw your routes on time and it doesnt matter might get a pick or too. But if your ultra conservative your not gonna throw on time you need to "see" WR open

In two years?... Yes.. He has progressed.

Sadly, at his current pace, he'll need another FOUR, to SIX to become a quality NFL starter... TT doesn't have that kind of time. -Neither do we.

Keep him on as a backup and/or tradebait for suckers... It's time for CARDALE!

In two years?... Yes.. He has progressed.

Sadly, at his current pace, he'll need another FOUR, to SIX to become a quality NFL starter... TT doesn't have that kind of time. -Neither do we.

Keep him on as a backup and/or tradebait for suckers... It's time for CARDALE!

O god no he is a long term project

A Williams retires that frees up 2M

Preston Brown is so cheap why release him

So you have 36 under contract with 33M in space (after A Williams retires)

That is cap tight might have one 5-7M cap hit guy (middle of the row WR) and then low cap role players.

Restructure, restructure, restructure. Dareus, Glenn, KW, and possibly TT (if that is possible after picking-up the option).

Who could be a cap savings cut? Carpenter for sure. Graham will be gone but I don't know his status.

Would anyone cut Wood and keep Groy if the money savings was significant? I think Groy played himself into a nice mid-range contract.

Is Mario still on the books for next year?

ONE HALF. -That's all I ask..

One half in a regular season game, and this controversy will be OVER.

Agreed. Cardale will look so bad Whaley might get fired and the controversy to add another QB in the draft will be settled.

Watch an All22, it didn't matter who his WR were, they were open.

That is too simplistic. You don't know where the play is designed to go and open is relative to where the play initially dictates TT is supposed to look.

That said, I agree with you and MAJ, TT needs to pull the trigger sooner. Perfect example was a throw to Clay that came late and ended up in a PI against the defense(Oakland game?). That throw was a full second and a half late. The ball should have been delivered on time giving Clay a chance to turn up-field. Even worse TT was looking right at him.

No he hasnt progressed and sorry a guy that is using 1 and the best game he has played as proof is laughable actually.

Even his staunchest supporters have to realize that

Agreed. He used like 5 or 6 plays to basically try and say Tyrod is pretty good, the problem is there were 995 other plays.....AND when you add up ALL of the plays I'd say Tyrod actually regressed this year. He had 2 good games: @ SEA & vs. MIA, unfortunately bot ended in losses since we had such a lousy D. Outside of those 2 games he had a bunch of so so to really bad games.

I was actually surprised because I normally agree w/ Mike Schopp, but on this article I totally disagreed. I'm not sure, perhaps he was being sarcastic but he seemed to want to keep Tyrod because of the evidence in this article, me not so much.

Restructure, lrestructure, restructure. Dareus, Glenn, KW, and possibly TT (if that is possible after picking-up the option).

Who could be a cap savings cut? Carpenter for sure. Graham will be gone but I don't know his status.

Would anyone cut Wood and keep Groy if the money savings was significant? I think Groy played himself into a nice mid-range contract.

Is Mario still on the books for next year?

Agreed. Cardale will look so bad Whaley might get fired and the controversy to add another QB in the draft will be settled.

That is too simplistic. You don't know where the play is designed to go and open is relative to where the play initially dictates TT is supposed to look.

That said, I agree with you and MAJ, TT needs to pull the trigger sooner. Perfect example was a throw to Clay that came late and ended up in a PI against the defense(Oakland game?). That throw was a full second and a half late. The ball should have been delivered on time giving Clay a chance to turn up-field. Even worse TT was looking right at him.

To simplistic huh! What's wrong, can't handle the truth?

Keep making excuses, going nowhere if Tyrod is kept.

John you dont need Chemsitry really. Thats a Myth. Timing is important. Throw your routes on time and it doesnt matter might get a pick or too. But if your ultra conservative your not gonna throw on time you need to "see" WR open

the Maj here has a point. That's the reason why NE* can plug and play receivers, and to some extent plug n play QB: they have the timing down, if a receiver is tapped to play he better have his route options and his timing down Or Else.

I keep coming back here to that Trent Dilfer piece though, and wondering how much of it is Taylor not having that timing, and how much is the design of the passing game. Dilfer certainly thought the design was a factor.

Is Drew Brees currently an elite top 5 NFL QB?

Would you believe that Brees was benched in his second season of starting as he went 2-9 that year in 2003 for San Diego! He threw 11 TD's, 15 INT's went 205 for 356 for 2108 yards. 67.5 rate, sacked 21 times.

The very next season SD goes 12-4, Brees goes 11-4 and went 262 of 400 for 3159 yards, 27 TD's, 7 INT's, 104.8 rate!

The point here is that Brees got better after two seasons of playing experience and hasn't looked back since. Now granted it all came together for Brees and in some cases, it takes longer for NFL QB's to fully develop. The late great Bills Walsh stated it generally takes four years of playing experience for a QB to fully develop! We fans have seen it take sometimes more time and sometimes less time.

This year Tyrod went 7-8, threw 269 of 436 for 3023 yards, 17 TD's, 6 INT's. rate 89.7. Taylor hasn't developed enough to carry the offense on his shoulders just yet. However, who is to say that he won't develop into that player next year or the year after? The QB isn't the biggest reason this team lost games the last two years and has been a playmaker at QB the Bills haven't seen since Doug Flutie!

Its posts like these that make you look ignorant.......

No substance...nothing

And your response was just a wealth of knowledge, right! :wallbash:

Would you believe that Brees was benched in his second season of starting as he went 2-9 that year in 2003 for San Diego! He threw 11 TD's, 15 INT's went 205 for 356 for 2108 yards. 67.5 rate, sacked 21 times.

The very next season SD goes 12-4, Brees goes 11-4 and went 262 of 400 for 3159 yards, 27 TD's, 7 INT's, 104.8 rate!

The point here is that Brees got better after two seasons of playing experience and hasn't looked back since. Now granted it all came together for Brees and in some cases, it takes longer for NFL QB's to fully develop. The late great Bills Walsh stated it generally takes four years of playing experience for a QB to fully develop! We fans have seen it take sometimes more time and sometimes less time.

This year Tyrod went 7-8, threw 269 of 436 for 3023 yards, 17 TD's, 6 INT's. rate 89.7. Taylor hasn't developed enough to carry the offense on his shoulders just yet. However, who is to say that he won't develop into that player next year or the year after? The QB isn't the biggest reason this team lost games the last two years and has been a playmaker at QB the Bills haven't seen since Doug Flutie!

Big difference is Brees was a 3rd year guy whereas Tyrod is a 6th year guy. That is huge, not to mention Brees is a 1000x better QB.

Edited by old school

If you do not have chemistry with those receivers it doesnt matter......all qbs on all teams have open recievers

Chemistry isn't the issue. It is seeing the open receiver and then hitting him. I have been patient with him and open-minded about him. But there are issues unrelated to physical abilities that are requirements for his position that I'm not sure he possesses.

Everyone who watches an all-22 says the same thing that the play develops and he either doesn't see it or he is not confident enough in what he sees to let it go. That bothers me.

As I have said in other posts I'm torn as to whether to let him walk or not. Even if Whaley drafts a qb with a high round pick, 1st or 2nd, (I don't see happening) he still needs a qb who is experienced enough to be the starter. There is too much at stake related to his own job status for Whaley to entrust an inexperienced qb who is not ready to be the starter.

If I had to guess I think the organization is going to keep him on board because as it stands he is our best option at the position. I do wish him the best but my doubts remain about his long-term viability. What makes the decision difficult is that TT periodically does show some promise in a game like Miami where he sparkled. But is that the norm or aberration? It's a tough call. I just don't know???

Get ready for the different era crowd. It doesn't matter unless it happened recently.

Drew Brees is a future HOF qb. His vision is keen and his accuracy is impeccable. What you failed to mention about Brees is that there were serious questions about his health relating to a shoulder problem. The same issue where the Miami doctors declined to give him a clean bill of health that resulted in that organization passing on him as a free agent.

What most of us are hoping is for TT to develop so he can become a reasonable starting qb so this team can compete.

The comparisons you are making are an extreme stretch and far fetched

the Maj here has a point. That's the reason why NE* can plug and play receivers, and to some extent plug n play QB: they have the timing down, if a receiver is tapped to play he better have his route options and his timing down Or Else.

I keep coming back here to that Trent Dilfer piece though, and wondering how much of it is Taylor not having that timing, and how much is the design of the passing game. Dilfer certainly thought the design was a factor.

Design is a factor as well. We have one of the most basic route concepts (passing concepts) i have seen.