Has Tyrod Progressed In 2 Years

PolishDave

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No he hasnt progressed and sorry a guy that is using 1 and the best game he has played as proof is laughable actually.

Even his staunchest supporters have to realize that

So that game didn't show progress? Yeah, I get it about the one game thing. But that game doesn't show progress?

So that game didn't show progress? Yeah, I get it about the one game thing. But that game doesn't show progress?

You know what happened last game he showed progress. He quickly reverted. He has not progressed (ill be nice because i could argue he regressed.)

The MIA game is actually about right where he left off last season.

Trying to take one game and use it as sole "myth busting proof" is irresponsible

Edited by MAJBobby

No he hasnt progressed and sorry a guy that is using 1 and the best game he has played as proof is laughable actually.

Even his staunchest supporters have to realize that

Eh - progress sure. But you're looking at a new playbook and a new scheme even if Lynn sticks. So in that regard - whomever the new dude is... will TT be successful/progress in this new offense? That's what it comes down to - i don't think anyone can make that assertation without knowing the new coach/scheme and where he may fit in.

My philosophy isn't necessarily that TT is good or bad, it's more that most QBs wouldn't succeed in this particular scheme (obviously the top dogs will succeed there - they aren't scheme dependent). Having said that - it makes it tough to evaluate him without knowing how he was in Baltimore (lack of film). It'll be the new coaches job to determine if he'll succeed, and will likely be what either tanks them or puts them over the top.

Would he get more passing yards if we gave him some easy high % bubble screens, rb screens, and slant routes? Probably. But this offense doesn't have those - so you're more reliant upon the zone and power running plays for 1st/2nd down yards.

Edited by dneveu

The thing is, he had one (maybe more) games at the end of last season where it looked very promising that he'd taken a step. Against the Jets for example, Sammy Watkins had 15 targets, caught 11 for 136 yds including some over the middle (as I recall) and it was "OK, the lightbulb has gone on here". But then 2016 started and we were right back where we were.

It's clear that he shows flashes. It's whether or not they can become consistent.

Gauche I guess to flag my own post, but I keep coming back to Dilfer's analysis of Roman's passing game.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184906-quiet-indictment-of-leeroman-trent-dilfer/?p=3864845

And I believe there have been other knowledgeable posters here who have commented that Roman's passing game is (by design) perhaps not the best

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

In all honesty, no he hasn't shown progress.

At least he has not shown SIGNIFICANT progress.

I like Taylor, I wanted him to succeed.

Yes, he has had some games where he played very good, but I don't see him as being a great QB.

He has a good arm, and he does hang in the pocket to deliver a pass. His awareness is good too.

He also stares down his intended target, and appears to throw to his target only when he knows that they are open.

I like that he doesn't turn the ball over, but is that because he is an accurate passer, or that he doesn't take risks?

He's an athletic player, which is very exciting, I just don't see him as the one who will lead the Bills to a championship.

Who is going to want to come here when a guy that made the pro bowl last year is being chased out of town

This post, whether talking about players or coaches is just so much bunk. There are 32 NFL teams given a choice of being a HC or not...they all will take the job. With players...it's all about the money.

Who is going to want to come here when a guy that made the pro bowl last year is being chased out of town

$$$

And please stop using the made the probowl because 4 others dropped out crap

And to date no one mentioned he has to go. Just is there or is there not progress

Edited by MAJBobby

$$$

And please stop using the made the probowl because 4 others dropped out crap

And to date no one mentioned he has to go. Just is there or is there not progress

This again isn't an argument of progression - but an argument that Roman is not a good passing game coordinator. He's great at moving his linemen around, and identifying weaknesses in that aspect. But once it comes to passing - the plays seem so awkward at times.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1858140-why-greg-romans-play-calling-is-holding-back-the-san-francisco-49ers

Anyway my thought is tough to show tons of progress. If the new guy thinks he sucks - let him walk. If the new guy thinks he can win with him - bring him back. That simple.

Edited by dneveu

I think he has progressed, not only as evidenced by the videos. My eyes tell me he has been hitting middle of the field throws more. He protects the ball better than ever.

Don't forget he now finally has his whole core of playmakers back.

It could be reasonable argued that our offense played well enough to win at least 10 games with adequate defense/ST. The Bills lost games this year scoring 31,31,25,25,24. And, gaining 589,425, 393, 382 and 376 yards. and having 30,30, 25, 25,24 First downs.

He is good and will get be better if we stick with him. It would be crazy to not keep him and replace him with the crap available.

I'm not saying he is Brady or Rodgers, but he is good enough to accomplish alot with.

I think he has progressed, not only as evidenced by the videos. My eyes tell me he has been hitting middle of the field throws more. He protects the ball better than ever.

Don't forget he now finally has his whole core of playmakers back.

It could be reasonable argued that our offense played well enough to win at least 10 games with adequate defense/ST. The Bills lost games this year scoring 31,31,25,25,24. And, gaining 589,425, 393, 382 and 376 yards. and having 30,30, 25, 25,24 First downs.

He is good and will get be better if we stick with him. It would be crazy to not keep him and replace him with the crap available.

I'm not saying he is Brady or Rodgers, but he is good enough to accomplish alot with.

I'm with you, TT is pretty good, expecting some rookie to come in and do better is crazy. It will take a rookie 3 years to get up to speed, by then this crowd will drum the rookie out of town.