Taylor does have a groin issue after all; may need surgery

YoloinOhio

Honest question: I've been searching, and I haven't seen anything saying that Tyrod has to be injured at the start of the 2017 regular season for the bonus to count. Everything I've seen says the beginning of the "league year," which is in fact March, and it doesn't specify anything beyond injured - as in can't play. That stands to reason too - if he is injured then, who is to say when he'll return even if it's a groin injury? There has to be some clear definition in these contracts about kick-in dates, and the only that logically makes sense given their decision not to play him this week is the March 1 date (given ACL tears now, he's likely be ready by September 1 if he had one of those on Sunday). Also, it's worth noting that Andre Reed missed the final dozen games of the 1996 season and the playoffs because of a groin injury that required surgery.

Does anyone have any clear evidence that states he has to be injured in September? What about preseason? Camp? Etc.?

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honestly see no purpose to nearly every sports reporter out there. I like listening/reading Peter King occasionally, I think he's credible. Not sure if I can think of anyone else. Postgame interviews offer nothing of value.

Honest question: I've been searching, and I haven't seen anything saying that Tyrod has to be injured at the start of the 2017 regular season for the bonus to count. Everything I've seen says the beginning of the "league year," which is in fact March, and it doesn't specify anything beyond injured - as in can't play. That stands to reason too - if he is injured then, who is to say when he'll return even if it's a groin injury? There has to be some clear definition in these contracts about kick-in dates, and the only that logically makes sense given their decision not to play him this week is the March 1 date (given ACL tears now, he's likely be ready by September 1 if he had one of those on Sunday). Also, it's worth noting that Andre Reed missed the final dozen games of the 1996 season and the playoffs because of a groin injury that required surgery.

Does anyone have any clear evidence that states he has to be injured in September? What about preseason? Camp? Etc.?

In post 109 of this thread, Yolo posted your guy LaContortion's tweet... "@jasonlacanfora

Any injury issue with Tyrod Taylor would have to be significant enough for him to miss time in 2017 for injury guarantees to kick in"

In post 109 of this thread, Yolo posted your guy LaContortion's tweet... "@jasonlacanfora

Any injury issue with Tyrod Taylor would have to be significant enough for him to miss time in 2017 for injury guarantees to kick in"

Well, as we've been discussing, consider the source! He's relying for info from folks who don't want to pay him if they let him go. Keep that in mind. If I'm right, this could get ugly if they decide to cut the cord. "League year" is March 1.

Edited by dave mcbride

I thought he needed to pass a physical in march - but i guess it could be earlier. I thought whoever came in as coach would probably want him anyway because other options are so limited, but it would tie our hands either way.

I honestly see no purpose to nearly every sports reporter out there. I like listening/reading Peter King occasionally, I think he's credible. Not sure if I can think of anyone else. Postgame interviews offer nothing of value.

I dunno Kiko's were pretty good.

Reporter: what did you see when you got that interception?

Kiko: What did I see????........ the ball.

Say what you will about LaCanfora, but he appears to be usually right about things even if he's a couple of weeks off in the timing. Everything he said about Rex being canned turned out to be true except for the timing. The stuff he wrote about Whaley and Marrone not getting along at all during the 2014 training camp also turned out to be 100 percent true. He clearly has a good source

I don't know that the Whaley/Marrone stuff was true. As I recall he wrote a bunch of stuff about Marrone storming out of the room after Watkins pick and there's video of him sitting there. I believe John Wawrow called him on that, posting video.

Didn't La Canfora come up with all the stuff about Polian taking over the Bills as President/Czar? Polian later said he was approached about some form of consultant role and was never interested in a President/Czar major role.

I have to admit, I can't recall all his prognostications but my memory is we call him "La Conjecture" here for a reason.

I don't know that the Whaley/Marrone stuff was true. As I recall he wrote a bunch of stuff about Marrone storming out of the room after Watkins pick and there's video of him sitting there. I believe John Wawrow called him on that, posting video.

Didn't La Canfora come up with all the stuff about Polian taking over the Bills as President/Czar? Polian later said he was approached about some form of consultant role and was never interested in a President/Czar major role.

I have to admit, I can't recall all his prognostications but my memory is we call him "La Conjecture" here for a reason.

yeah, he's not always right, but he does seem to be highly connected to someone with an agenda. Sometimes that person with an agenda wins and he looks smart; sometimes that person loses and he looks inaccurate.

As for the Watkins pick, I was told before the draft that if the Bills had ANY chance to get Sammy that they would "run to the podium." They LOVED him (as did everybody).