12-28: Media Day - Anthony Lynn's Presser as HC

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why everybody can't read between the lines. The team doesn't fire Rex on the Monday after the game. He holds his regular Monday press conference and states Tyrod is the starter. The next day Rex is fired and its announced EJ is starting.

Seems pretty obvious, doesn't it?

Rex would be here one more week if he would have agreed to start EJ. He got fired now because he was going to go with TT despite it not being in the team's best long term interests due to the injury clause.

Why do people need to hear Lynn say he was or wasn't part of the decison? We know he wasn't. We know why the decison was made.

I wil say that I'm generally a supporter of Whaley as GM but is f'n weak as hell that he never spoke to the press about Rex's firing and then threw Lynn up there to take the hard questions.

A guy who started the year as RB coach is left to take those questions? Really disappointed in ownership and management for handling it this way. If I'm a potential coaching candidate I look at that with raised eyebrows. That's the leadership this team has?

He'd be a dummy to close off any options, but there's no way he won't take the job if it's offered.

If he interviews with the Bills and another team, and the other team offers him the HC job before the Bills finish their search (The last search took the Bills 12 seperate interviews), he'd be a dummy to not take the other teams HC offer.

All this trying to read between the lines and find a way to "catch" everyone is pointless.

I think the thing that I found most interesting in the interview, is that he CLEARLY has what he considers a better plan to coach up Tyrod. If there was anything surprising to me is that the horde didn't try to follow up and get him to more clearly throw Roman under the bus. Guess it doesn't matter since he's not here anymore, but stills surprised they didn't want that little bit of blood.

That part made me believe that he likes TT and TT will be the guy next year if he gets the job, which he is the front runner at this point.

It is for this reason no one with a decent reputation in NFL circles will seek this job regardless of what ownership will offer. Buffalo has become NFL Siberia again for coaches. It's where they go to essentially kill their career. Lynn should think about this when he interviews next week.

You can give bad ones when you've won consistently in the league. Until then, whether right or not, you need to be good in front of the mic.

Respectfully disagree. If Rex had actually delivered on the defensive side of the ball, we'd be playing a meaningful game in week 17. He didn't, we aren't.

I personally think we are closer than many feel. If Lynn becomes HC, I do not care about his pressers, just the product on the field.

He said Cardale, then said he means EJ, and then said he was messing with the reporters. It's tough to know for sure whether he just misspoke or he was joking. But there is no way or talk or discussion about Cardale. It's EJ.

It was pretty clear he misspoke and adjusted well on the fly. Overall he did ok considering the organization trotted him out there without addressing the Rex or TT situation prior to his first presser. You would think that would have been the professional thing to do.

it was an (interesting) Freudian slip. I think he was nervous but he played it off well saying he wanted to screw with them a little

I don't think it was a Freudian slip at all, just a slip. A Freudian slip implies he wants Cardale to start. I think it was pretty clear that he would prefer TT to start.

He said Cardale, then said he means EJ, and then said he was messing with the reporters. It's tough to know for sure whether he just misspoke or he was joking. But there is no way or talk or discussion about Cardale. It's EJ.

It really did not start well did it lol. I dont think he was joking when he said C. Jones.....I think he was VERY nervous

Not sure why everybody can't read between the lines. The team doesn't fire Rex on the Monday after the game. He holds his regular Monday press conference and states Tyrod is the starter. The next day Rex is fired and its announced EJ is starting.

Rex would be here one more week if he would have agreed to start EJ. He got fired now because he was going to go with TT despite it not being in the team's best long term interests due to the injury clause.

Why do people need to hear Lynn say he was or wasn't part of the decison? We know he wasn't. We know why the decison was made.

I wil say that I'm generally a supporter of Whaley as GM but is f'n weak as hell that he never spoke to the press about Rex's firing and then threw Lynn up there to take the hard questions.

A guy who started the year as RB coach is left to take those questions? Really disappointed in ownership and management for handling it this way. If I'm a potential coaching candidate I look at that with raised eyebrows. That's the leadership this team has?

The HC has to do a Wednesday press conference according to league rules.

That part made me believe that he likes TT and TT will be the guy next year if he gets the job, which he is the front runner at this point.

I think at very least he's comfortable with the idea. I don't think any coach would be unwilling to look for something better.

But his statements about what you need to do in the offseason meant that those things (those things that everyone who watched TT last year KNEW were his weak points that needed help) weren't worked on. That's pretty crazy...and sad.

he misspoke it was hilarious. He had a shaky voice too. He was definitely nervous

I agree. And if youre Lynn why WOULDNT you like TT. Lynn's offensive playcalling is working to the tune of 6th most points scored in the NFL since he took over in week 2. If im Lynn I dont want to start all over with a new QB. I want to build on the foundation i have built.

Reports are Rex told Terry on Tuesday, "If you're going to fire me, fire me now."

If true, that explains the Tuesday firing, not the QB issue.