12-28: Media Day - Anthony Lynn's Presser as HC

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynn should have been more prepared to answer questions on the benching of Tyrod. Whaley is safe so he didn't want to risk Tyrod getting hurt playing for a HC who not even be with the team next year. It was always his decision to make but Lynn should have been more prepared to at least make it sound like everyone is on the same page.

I agree. Lynn was very unprepared. If he had thought about what questions he was likely to be asked, that one would have been near the top. He must not have considered what questions he would be asked. And I think that is why he looked like he was caught off guard more than once.

Also should not have gone into depth about Tyrod. If he was better prepared he would have had better answers for those obvious questions.

If he is here as head coach next year, there is a good chance the local media eats him alive.

He also didn't seem very witty to me. Not saying he is dumb. He could be brilliant. Just didn't seem like a quick thinker on his feet - witty. That makes me think he would probably interview poorly for any head coach position.

Edited by PolishDave

Rex told Pegula that if you're going to fire me do it now - so they mutually agreed to do it with a week to go in the season.

Organizationally, they decided to start EJ against the Jets so as to not expose Tyrod to injury which would trigger the start of the pending contract signed in the spring.

This also gives the team a little more leverage than they had in renegotiating Tyrod's deal - at least until March.

I think Tyrod is the Bills QB until they find their "Tom Brady". Hopefully, he continues to grow and improve.

Whaley earned Pegula's trust and respect because a lot of his decisions have been proven correct.

He wanted Hue Jackson as HC & Schwartz to remain DC - seems like we should have gone in that direction now, doesn't it?

Sammy is proving to be nearly unstoppable - when healthy - not Whaley's fault Sammy has struggled with injury.

Whaley has added Incognito, Zach Brown and LorAx. Solid pro additions.

This is why Pegula put him in charge of the next coaching decision, he realizes he should have listened to him 2 years ago.

Whaley said he will do a press conference next week - when the season is over. He once said (I am paraphrasing) the Coach runs the show during the season, and he runs the off season.

However, Lynn should have been better prepared and been given a good reason to share as to why they are starting EJ over TT. Other than that, he should have only answered questions about Sunday/Jets. Regarding Rex - he could just have said he likes Rex and enjoyed working with him and he wishes him nothing but the best.

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

I agree. Lynn was very unprepared. If he had thought about what questions he was likely to be asked, that one would have been near the top. He must not have considered what questions he would be asked. And I think that is why he looked like he was caught off guard more than once.

Also should not have gone into depth about Tyrod. If he was better prepared he would have had better answers for those obvious questions.

If he is here as head coach next year, there is a good chance the local media eats him alive.

He also didn't seem very witty to me. Not saying he is dumb. He could be brilliant. Just didn't seem like a quick thinker on his feet - witty. That makes me think he would probably interview poorly for the head coach position.

He actually answered that. He spent every minute trying to prepare for the Jet game. This is his first game as HC, possibly important to his future (I think it can help more than it can hurt), and he simply said to Bertchold, tell me five minutes before I need to be there and I will be there and wing it. And it showed. But I don't think it looked bad on him. I think that's the kind of guy he is. He was a little nervous, and probably more than he thought he would be.

Rex told Pegula that if you're going to fire me do it now - so they mutually agreed to do it with a week to go in the season.

Organizationally, they decided to start EJ against the Jets so as to not expose Tyrod to injury which would trigger the start of the pending contract signed in the spring.

This also gives the team a little more leverage than they had in renegotiating Tyrod's deal - at least until March.

I think Tyrod is the Bills QB until they find their "Tom Brady". Hopefully, he continues to grow and improve.

Whaley earned Pegula's trust and respect because a lot of his decisions have been proven correct.

He wanted Hue Jackson as HC & Schwartz to remain DC - seems like we should have gone in that direction now, doesn't it?

Sammy is proving to be nearly unstoppable - when healthy - not Whaley's fault Sammy has struggled with injury.

Whaley has added Incognito, Zach Brown and LorAx. Solid pro additions.

This is why Pegula put him in charge of the next coaching decision, he realizes he should have listened to him 2 years ago.

I actually think it went down differently. The front office told Rex to bench Tyrod for EJ for business reasons, Rex said no. Rex controls the 46 so nothing they could do about it. Rex said you will have to fire me.

Im pretty sure thats how it went. Lynn is out the door as soon as Monday. All this talk about him is a lie. He wasnt going to resign, he loses money. Its in his contract to speak to the media. He obviously didnt care to prepare.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I actually think it went down differently. The front office told Rex to bench Tyrod for EJ for business reasons, Rex said no. Rex controls the 46 so nothing they could do about it. Rex said you will have to fire me.

Im pretty sure thats how it went. Lynn is out the door as soon as Monday. All this talk about him is a lie. He wasnt going to resign, he loses money. Its in his contract to speak to the media. He obviously didnt care to prepare.

He didn't care to prepare because he is preparing for the Jets. I will bet anything Lynn is a finalist for the job.

That makes very little sense

He didn't care to prepare because he is preparing for the Jets. I will bet anything Lynn is a finalist for the job.

I think Lynn gets it

The team is 500.....not 2-14.....and the O was the 7th best scoring offense in the league....with multiple injuries

For multiple reasons.....I think Lynn has the inside track here....my only question is who is his DC

He also didn't seem very witty to me. Not saying he is dumb. He could be brilliant. Just didn't seem like a quick thinker on his feet - witty. That makes me think he would probably interview poorly for any head coach position.

You know who's witty? Rex

He actually answered that. He spent every minute trying to prepare for the Jet game. This is his first game as HC, possibly important to his future (I think it can help more than it can hurt), and he simply said to Bertchold, tell me five minutes before I need to be there and I will be there and wing it. And it showed. But I don't think it looked bad on him. I think that's the kind of guy he is. He was a little nervous, and probably more than he thought he would be.

I think the guy is brutally honest. And I like that about him. I just think he lacks a little bit in the "politics of business" department. Maybe that will change if he prepares for his future public interviews. When you have a highly public job like he is aspiring to obtain, you have to be prepared to deal with the public stuff. In his first attempt, he was unprepared. And maybe that will be the rare exception. Who knows.

As I imagine him in a high level interview with the owner of the team and other executives, I imagine him not being polished and prepared. If that ends up being the case, he won't get the job. Could be why he hasn't ascended to head coach sooner. Who knows.

I think Lynn gets it

The team is 500.....not 2-14.....and the O was the 7th best scoring offense in the league....with multiple injuries

For multiple reasons.....I think Lynn has the inside track here....my only question is who is his DC

The agent think could give him pause though

I think the guy is brutally honest. And I like that about him. I just think he lacks a little bit in the "politics of business" department. Maybe that will change if he prepares for his future public interviews. When you have a highly public job like he is aspiring to obtain, you have to be prepared to deal with the public stuff. In his first attempt, he was unprepared. And maybe that will be the rare exception. Who knows.

As I imagine him in a high level interview with the owner of the team and other executives, I imagine him not being polished and prepared. If that ends up being the case, he won't get the job. Could be why he hasn't ascended to head coach sooner. Who knows.

Like Bellichick? Or Coughlin?

I think Lynn gets it

It makes a lot of sense. GM no where to be found and throws his guy to the wolves? No way. That was not a guy on the same page with One Bills Drive.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Lynn had the look of a coordinator acting as head coach for a week, hoodie and all (although Belichek wears a hoodie to pressers so there ya go,,,something in common).

If Lynn is organized on game day, communicates well, has the respect of players and Execs of the club, and the team plays hard....,I expect him to be wearing suit and tie to his introductory press conference because he will be named permanent head coach.

In the end maybe that will be Rex Ryan's legacy. He will be the guy that brought Anthony Lynn into the organization as Lynn goes on to be the next Mike Tomlin..

If Rex took this stance then he deserves to be fired. Kind of reminds me when he decided to play Sanchez in pre season when he was with the Jets. At that time, Sanchez was the only viable option for them. I believe that was the year when the Jets went in the tank.