Bills Announce Whaley to Lead the Head Coaching Search

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that we are on or close to the same page KOK.

And as bad as Marrone was, I think he was better than Rex. At least he seemed to hold some type of authority. Or maybe it's just me grasping at straws.

Marrones was a change. He was a horrible Coach. I base that upon what he did with the O line. But yes he did move the needle a bit as to what an authority figure looked like in Buffalo. nowhere to go but up after Chan and Wannstache and Nixism

Again isnt it also his freaking job to advise the ownership of a problem with the HC.

Want to talk scapegoated how about Rex with Donnie Henderson and Greg Roman.

And again MARRONE Quit because he tried a powerplay with new owner and FAILED and then bolted for what he thought was the NY job leaving his assistants high and dry. Hmmm who scapegoated who?

Jesus does a HC without a winning record since 2010 need a safe space And then what happened Whaley went and got him Orton as he wanted

So because Rex scapegoated Roman, Whaley didn't scapegoat Rex? Back to logic class...

It's all good. We'll just be back here in another year or two hearing how none of this is Whaley's fault.

I do not have photos and a recording of his call with Jason LaCanfora etc., but where there is smoke there is fire. I have no doubt that Doug Whaley threw Rex under the bus with the owners or with the media or both.

They used to say follow the money.

To paraphrase, follow who kept his job and is leading the search for the new head coach.

What Whaley seems to have forgotten is that the media is not finished with this story and there will be more to come out. He better get used to more articles like the one that the TBN guys have written about him lately.

Enjoy Doug. No one feels sorry for someone who throws someone else under the bus . . . especially when you are the last football person on the bus.

It's like Lenin said man...rex kidnapped himself!

So because Rex scapegoated Roman, Whaley didn't scapegoat Rex? Back to logic class...

It's all good. We'll just be back here in another year or two hearing how none of this is Whaley's fault.

Again ignore the fact isnt it the GMs job to advise the ownership if the coach is not performing?

this is what I wanted. Give him the responsibility to sink or swim. The buck stops with him now.

Exactly for the first time in his four year GM career you get to tie a HC to him.

And so far names i am hearing are not bad

Edited by MAJBobby

I think the Pegulas know the extent of his involvement with the prior coaching search, and they've elected to publicly make him the face of this next process.

Because they are smart fr's, don' be quick to think Pegulas are just taking a wistful walk in the park.

here ya go Dougie.

What ya got?

Times up little fella

I must say this has turned a good episode of Dark Shadows ( in color)

this is crazy time and the truth will be dredged up, laid upon the shore for us to see.

and THEN and only then will Bills begin building the new foundation.

Purge that festeringcancerousevildom !

We will conduct an exhaustive coaching search and build a robust analytics department.

Translation: we will just hire the guy already in house after no real HC search at all, and we have no analytics department of any kind.

:lol:

Another Russ sale job

Again isnt it also his freaking job to advise the ownership of a problem with the HC.

Want to talk scapegoated how about Rex with Donnie Henderson and Greg Roman.

And again MARRONE Quit because he tried a powerplay with new owner and FAILED and then bolted for what he thought was the NY job leaving his assistants high and dry. Hmmm who scapegoated who?

Jesus does a HC without a winning record since 2010 need a safe space

And then what happened Whaley went and got him Orton as he wanted

Yes he did.

this is what I wanted. Give him the responsibility to sink or swim. The buck stops with him now.

yeppers

Pegula just doesn't have a clue how to deal with this mess so he said !@#$ it, do whatever you want Doug.

why do you even toss this up here?

Yes. He will get two years, chances are he fails and we will be looking at a 20 year playoff drought and back to square 1.

and again the pure unadulterated negative.

I think this is the smartest move Pegula could make.

Comments on the Bills Twitter feed are gold! :lol:

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/813832059940732928

Pure racist gold.

R Saunders@RSaunders71 8h

@buffalobills @JohnMurphyShow 3 Black QB'S. A Black GM. A Black Coach. What's next @KimPegula Fire Murphy? Bills need a black announcer.

Strike 1: EJ - Buddy Nix's pick

Strike 2: Sammy - A great player when healthy

Strike 3: Rex - Pegula's hire, Whaley wanted Hue Jackson and Schwartz

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I remember Buddy Nix telling everyone even Oakland gets calls (for their HC job) when he was hired as GM almost 7 years ago.

At this point, Reggie McKenzie could say the same about Buffalo. It would be funny because it's true.

This team's reputation is close to what it was in late 2009. The only question I have is when does Whaley tell us he gets 35 calls a day, and you wouldn't believe some of the names?

I remember Buddy Nix telling everyone even Oakland gets calls (for their HC job) when he was hired as GM almost 7 years ago.

At this point, Reggie McKenzie could say the same about Buffalo. It would be funny because it's true.

This team's reputation is close to what it was in late 2009. The only question I have is when does Whaley tell us he gets 35 calls a day, and you wouldn't believe some of the names?

Speaking of Oakland, I remember someone in here saying that the Raiders wanted Russ to be their new president. :lol:

Too bad that didn't go down, huh. :thumbdown: