Bills Announce Whaley to Lead the Head Coaching Search

26CornerBlitz

Lack of attention to fundamentals is not new with a Rex Ryan team. Go back at watch the two blow outs of Rex's Jets in 2015 with his "you're gonna see.... it won't happen again" before the snow game in Detroit.

Same issues. Fundamentals. If this was a one off you might put it squarely on the players. It isn't. It is a regular feature of Rex Ryan teams.

So we have done blaming the GM and the President... and we have done blaming the players... now we are onto the refs.

None of those are culpable. Rex Ryan is. That his circus ended on a running back going 60 yards against a D with 10 men on the field is the perfect finale. It sums up the Ryan era in Buffalo.

If you cannot tackle in before you come to the NFL, you may want to consider something other than playing defense. Let's not pretend this is a scheme issue.

There were three TDs on which there were egregious missed tackles.

There were two PI calls that should have been called that were blatant and impossible to miss - except of course for these refs.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JaySkurski

[bN] Blitz: If the #Bills actually do a search for their next coach, here are 12 possible replacements for Rex Ryan

https://t.co/sYlPKHO7fz

About to read Jay. Dont let me down

*Update* Dont love all the names a couple Mehs but if it is anyone off that list i am happy

Edited by MAJBobby

If you cannot tackle in before you come to the NFL, you may want to consider something other than playing defense. Let's not pretend this is a scheme issue.

It is both. You don't continue to prioritise fundamentals even in the professional game don't be surprised if you don't execute.

As for it is not scheme.... interesting you should say because from Rex himself yesterday - the tackle Robey missed wasn't his man. There was confusion he got there too late to wrap up. The same excuse for the missed tackle by Bradham on Jennings against the Giants last year.

Both admitted by Rex. Let's not pretend scheme played not part in this shall we?

Edited by GunnerBill

I don't disagree with that. This organisation is dysfunctional. That is not the reason Rex Ryan failed to win more games. That is on his coaching.

Unfortunately, he made it easy on the Pegulas. Lots of stuff me and you could see from our living rooms. Thats a bad look. I just subscribe to the fact there's more at play.

It is either going to be someone who is going to be beholden to Whaley or someone who will lead to Whaley's diminished influence or leaving the organization.

Or its someone they get along together becAuse 1st time as a GM he picks his coach

Or its someone they get along together becAuse 1st time as a GM he picks his coach

I have a hard time believing that (what I believe to be revisionist history) that Whaley was not in favor of hiring Rex. Sorry.

It is both. You don't continue to prioritise fundamentals even in the professional game don't be surprised if you don't execute.

As for it is not scheme.... interesting you should say because from Rex himself yesterday - the tackle Robey missed wasn't his man. There was confusion he got there too late to wrap up. The same excuse for the missed tackle by Bradham on Jennings against the Giants last year.

Both admitted by Rex. Let's not pretend scheme played not part in this shall we?

Did you read my comment about what Seth Joyner said about the Bills defenders? The more stuff that comes out the more damming the evidence is against a bunch of knucklehead players. They will fit right in with their backstabbing GM and soon to hire puppet coach. Such a damn clown show, Rex was a star clown no doubt but I'm afraid the ringleader just got a boost today.

Garbage!!!!!

It's amazing after this past off-season the Pegula's bought the narrative that Whaley's stocked the roster but Rex didn't coach it well enough.

Whaley is the same guy who makes remarks on the radio in current times about football not being a game humans should play and need walking back the following day. Same guy who drafts damaged players in the first round. Same guy who still hasn't found a QB and insisted on one so flawed for 2+ seasons. Same guy who has the Bills tighter against the cap than most teams and doesn't really have a QB to pay. Same guy who talked about being in "quarterback purgatory." Same guy who's drafted all of or signed as a UDFA 3 starters on offense in 4 drafts. Same guy who's traded up in 2 of the last 3 drafts when the team wasn't close to competing.

This is the guy the Pegula's apparently want running their HC search. If anything, Brandon and Whaley are telling the emperor how great their new clothes are. They excel at that kind of subterfuge. Problem is ownership buys their line and shows no sign of figuring those guys out.

The dysfunction stays for another year and nothing really changes.

This was the same guy who didn't see the talent in Derek Carr or Odell Beckham Jr! Traded two first round picks for a guy who is injured more often than not. Gave OG Chris Williams 5 mill guaranteed to play four games. Traded a fourth for RB Bryce Brown, traded away WR Stevie Johnson and traded for WR Mike Williams. It was Rex Ryan who vouched for the only pro bowl player on the O-line to be brought in and wanted Tyrod Taylor as QB. It goes on and on.

Get ready for 18 years of not making the playoffs.

The dysfunction stays for another year and nothing really changes.

This was the same guy who didn't see the talent in Derek Carr or Odell Beckham Jr! Traded two first round picks for a guy who is injured more often than not. Gave OG Chris Williams 5 mill guaranteed to play four games. Traded a fourth for RB Bryce Brown, traded away WR Stevie Johnson and traded for WR Mike Williams. It was Rex Ryan who vouched for the only pro bowl player on the O-line to be brought in and wanted Tyrod Taylor as QB. It goes on and on.

Get ready for 18 years of not making the playoffs.

Shhh. Doug Whaley does not want the Pegulas to know all this. He wants to blame the 17 year drought on Rex.

Nah. The ring leader is out of the door.

Rex was clearly just a clown out there making an ass out of himself and being the butt of all our jokes. The ringleader sat quietly and repositioned himself to show everyone how great a roster he built once and for all. Two coaching clashes later he will run to a puppet coach in Lynn and off we go.

Hey it only took this guy a few years to figuere out how compensation picks work, maybe he gets it right but I'd bet heavily against it. The Pegula's will be humbled in a few more years once they realize they have been duped by people that they trusted. I can't wait for that presser.

That is funny.

The TBN guys already have started ripping him apart. Poor Doug thought that his problems were solved by throwing Rex under the bus. Little did he know that they are going to go after his jugular.

Yeah.....lets give the guy who used the following draft choices-- 1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 4 to land Watkins and Ragland, let's let him pick the next coach.

This is a fair, succinct, and accurate argument...I strongly prefer this type of information to the garbage about back room infighting and rumors...Office politics are always real...And the higher up you go the more manipulative folks get in the name of CYA...I see it in the Corporation I work for now, and others I have worked in...It's no big surprise...it's business as usual...

I think the arguments against Whaley as a decision maker are most effectively made by talking about his Draft decisions and his love for trading away Draft picks... B-)