Bills Announce Whaley to Lead the Head Coaching Search

26CornerBlitz

I think the Pegulas know the extent of his involvement with the prior coaching search, and they've elected to publicly make him the face of this next process.

I agree. They know exactly where Whaley was in their house and their yacht during the Rex meetings and whether he supported the Rex hire.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course tou dont you hate Whaley.

But think about this logically.

New Ownwrs

Guy they trust helped em buy the team said Rex

Whaley one year on contract asked (knowing Russ pushed it)

What would you say NO TERRY THATS WRONG

Duh.

And if you think Whaley pushed Rex you think pegulas would keep him and lead a HC search.

Logic

Although I thought that we gave up too much for Sammy, I was never an advocate of getting rid of him until I suspected him of throwing Rex under the bus to save himself.

This troubled me. I would never want someone in my organization who was not loyal.

Lol. Right.

He can't work with Marrone... Marrone is gone.

He throws Ryan under the bus saying that Ryan hasn't produce with the "elite talent" he has provided... Ryan gone.

Now he leads the search again with no responsibility for how the the previous two situation ended?

You are in a dream world if you don't think he is a major factor in the disfunction. But carry on with your spin.

Forced marriage between him and Marrone. Marrone took ball and went home after his power play with new owner didnt work.

And yet

Another Forced marriage with Rex

Nah all Whaley

Let him pick his HC if it fails fire him and HC see easy

Although I thought that we gave up too much for Sammy, I was never an advocate of getting rid of him until I suspected him of throwing Rex under the bus to save himself.

This troubled me. I would never want someone in my organization who was not loyal.

Why Because he talked to the ownership about why its time to move on.

Remember he couldnt make that choice Rex reported to Terry

So as long as their loyal its ok. Be damned if they speak up about the bad thats happening

Like regressing a top defense EVERY year yet you have the HC genius everything he wanted for that defense

Edited by MAJBobby

Of course tou dont you hate Whaley.

But think about this logically.

New Ownwrs

Guy they trust helped em buy the team said Rex

Whaley one year on contract asked (knowing Russ pushed it)

What would you say NO TERRY THATS WRONG

Duh.

And if you think Whaley pushed Rex you think pegulas would keep him and lead a HC search.

Logic

You're reaching.

Of course we don't know what is said behind closed doors. But Whaley "gave" Rex his QB, "gave" him IK, "gave" him Ragland/Shaq. Meh. The standard operating procedure from OBD has been to spin the narrative in Doug's favor going back to the Nix era.

Forced marriage between him and Marrone. Marrone took ball and went home after his power play with new owner didnt work.

And yet

Another Forced marriage with Rex

Nah all Whaley

Let him pick his HC if it fails fire him and HC see easy

You're letting him off way to easy, IMO.

If he's a true team player then he should be doing everything he can to support his HCs. Instead, he's a major reason in why they are leaving. That's not good.

You're reaching.

Of course we don't know what is said behind closed doors. But Whaley "gave" Rex his QB, "gave" him IK, "gave" him Ragland/Shaq. Meh. The standard operating procedure from OBD has been to spin the narrative in Doug's favor going back to the Nix era.

No your reaching.

What I said is well documented. Whaley wanted Hue

I agree. They know exactly where Whaley was in their house and their yacht during the Rex meetings and whether he supported the Rex hire.

OK then, so do you think the Pegulas are just stupid (i.e. Whaley is a two-faced liar but they opted to side with him over their poor, down-trodden, hard-luck coach)?

You're letting him off way to easy, IMO.

If he's a true team player then he should be doing everything he can to support his HCs. Instead, he's a major reason in why they are leaving. That's not good.

Get the QB he wanted

An Elite RB for his system

A Cover CB

A 3-4 LBer

Multiple other 3-4 LBer

More LBer in Brown

Shaq lawson

Reggie Ragland

Washignton

The TE the Oc rex hired wanted

Punishing Run Blocking OL

Hired every coach Rex Wanted

What other supprt you want foot massages jesus

Edited by MAJBobby

OK then, so do you think the Pegulas are just stupid (i.e. Whaley is a two-faced liar but they opted to side with him over their poor, down-trodden, hard-luck coach)?

They apparently bought what he is selling. I think that are great and love them for what they have done for Buffalo, the Sabres, and the Bills. I have the highest regard for the both of them and their family. Having said all of that, I dislike this decisions immensely.

They apparently bought what he is selling. I think that are great and love them for what they have done for Buffalo, the Sabres, and the Bills. I have the highest regard for the both of them and their family. Having said all of that, I dislike this decisions immensely.

They bought what snake oil salesman Ryan told them 2 years ago.

You're reaching.

That may be true...

But it still does not mean Rex is a good head coach, and it certainly does not mean Rex can excel at his self-proclaimed expertise...defensive coaching...any longer...

This spinning vs Whaley is hilarious to me...Not that I support Whaley either...That's a whole different subject...But the thought that Rex did not earn this firing, all by his lonesome, is laughable... B-)

That may be true...

But it still does not mean Rex is a good head coach, and it certainly does not mean Rex can excel at his self-proclaimed expertise...defensive coaching...any longer...

This spinning vs Whaley is hilarious to me...Not that I support Whaley either...That's a whole different subject...But the thought that Rex did not earn this firing, all by his lonesome, is laughable... B-)

This.

I couldn't find the whole Reddit, but there seems to be little substance in this shot. A lot of words and really doesn't say anything that could be substantiated, nor does he give any proof that he's an outsider. Geez, anyone on here could've done that.

I wrote that Reddit based on what I've learned from media reports. Prove I'm lying.

That may be true...

He did. I'm just searching for that some piece of middle ground to make sure blame goes to all :thumbsup:

Get the QB he wanted

An Elite RB for his system

A Cover CB

A 3-4 LBer

Multiple other 3-4 LBer

More LBer in Brown

Shaq lawson

Reggie Ragland

Washignton

The TE the Oc rex hired wanted

Punishing Run Blocking OL

Hired every coach Rex Wanted

What other supprt you want foot massages jesus

Yeah, that's his job.

But why throw him under the bus after one season? That's ok because he didn't have the final sign off on the hire? He was very quick to scapegoat both HCs he's had.

Conspiracy theory nonsense. Rex made Rex the scapegoat by not coaching this team very well.

People say "this has happened twice with Whaley" but this is he second time Rex has hidden behind a GM too. It wasn't Idzik and it isn't Whaley - it is Rex. He is a poor Head Coach.

you do recall the festivities between Marrones an Russ and Whaley shouting each other down at the field?

"Just fire me then !" over the Manuel thing i believe

Yeah, that's his job.

But why throw him under the bus after one season? That's ok because he didn't have the final sign off on the hire? He was very quick to scapegoat both HCs he's had.

Again isnt it also his freaking job to advise the ownership of a problem with the HC.

Want to talk scapegoated how about Rex with Donnie Henderson and Greg Roman.

And again MARRONE Quit because he tried a powerplay with new owner and FAILED and then bolted for what he thought was the NY job leaving his assistants high and dry. Hmmm who scapegoated who?

Jesus does a HC without a winning record since 2010 need a safe space

you do recall the festivities between Marrones an Russ and Whaley shouting each other down at the field?

"Just fire me then !" over the Manuel thing i believe

And then what happened Whaley went and got him Orton as he wanted Edited by MAJBobby