Pegula owes Carlucci a public apology

Mr. WEO

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After today's incredible news, this post is needed? To say Pegs needs to APOLOGIZE?!?!?! And to a reporter of all people?!?! F that! Terry owes NOTHING to the media or fans. He owns the team and can do whatever he wants. You should be praising him for having the balls to do it!! As for Terry not indicating that Rex could be fired, things change. The epic collapse to the Raiders, pitiful run defense against the Steelers and poor coaching against Miami sealed Rex's fate!!!

Do you really think Pegs was thinking, "Well, I probably shouldn't fire Rex because I told 'Carlucci' that we want continuity???" Hahahahahaha.......

After today's incredible news, this post is needed? To say Pegs needs to APOLOGIZE?!?!?! And to a reporter of all people?!?! F that! Terry owes NOTHING to the media or fans. He owns the team and can do whatever he wants. You should be praising him for having the balls to do it!! As for Terry not indicating that Rex could be fired, things change. The epic collapse to the Raiders, pitiful run defense against the Steelers and poor coaching against Miami sealed Rex's fate!!!

Do you really think Pegs was thinking, "Well, I probably shouldn't fire Rex because I told 'Carlucci' that we want continuity???" Hahahahahaha.......

Our resident Pats fan wrote the OP.

Milly-Carlucci-Feet-1949104.jpg

Much much more decorative than Vic

They can still finish 8-8 and were not mathematically eliminated until their 15th game. They came close to making it but fell short in a highscoring overtime game.

No playoffs. He's fired. There was an ultimatum and this really can't be denied at this point.

Sure it can be. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

It certainly makes the arguments Pegula made when denying an ultimatum mean quite a bit less.

Don't see that.

1. no ultimatum "playoffs or else" (might be other metrics, though)

2. values continuity

3. fires for incompetence (but still values continuity, just values competence more)

Lots of predictable responses.

If the team went 4-11 to week 15 I would agree that perhaps there was no ultimatum. I would agree that when Pegula said "good or bad" he meant it, but changed his mind by Sunday.

But that's not how it went. The Bills were in it until Sunday. As many here pointed out,they even got the help they would have needed from other teams to stay alive to week 16 if they won. But they lost, not in an embarrassing blowout, but a tough OT loss.

So, Rex was not fired two weeks ago, after a bad loss. He was fired after they were eliminated from playoff contention. And the conclusion that posters are making here is that the elimination loss in week 15 resulted in Pegula "finally" having seen the light...and not him delivering on a playoffs or bust meeting last year.

Ok...

I applaud the firing. But this was a dumb hire all the way . For that Whaley should go too.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Lots of predictable responses.

If the team went 4-11 to week 15 I would agree that perhaps there was no ultimatum. I would agree that when Pegula said "good or bad" he meant it, but changed his mind by Sunday.

But that's not how it went. The Bills were in it until Sunday. As many here pointed out,they even got the help they would have needed from other teams to stay alive to week 16 if they won. But they lost, not in an embarrassing blowout, but a tough OT loss.

So, Rex was not fired two weeks ago, after a bad loss. He was fired after they were eliminated from playoff contention. And the conclusion that posters are making here is that the elimination loss in week 15 resulted in Pegula "finally" having seen the light...and not him delivering on a playoffs or bust meeting last year.

Ok...

Whether or not Carucci's report is correct, that you would anticipate/expect an apology from a billionaire to a sports writer (or any member of the media, for that matter) demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of how the world works.

Read 26CBs post and give it up already.

Already answered that. Whaley saved his skin. He conned the Pegulas with the "Rex completes my sentences" stuff so they would hire him. He convinced them Rex had to go

Edited by Mr. WEO