(at least) Three fireable offenses by Rex yesterday:

eball

#1 -- failure to call TO before last-second Fish FG

#2 -- punting from own 41 with 4:00 to go in OT

#3 -- not knowing Gilmore couldn't return and having 10 men on field for Ajayi's 57-yard backbreaker

Individually they're awful; collectively, they're evidence of gross incompetence and grounds for immediate firing.

And then, of course, there are the continuous "communication issues" (probably because the Bills have 432 assistant coaches), and the lack of discipline and player accountability that results in a pathetic display of tackling.

I don't know how any fan can support this team if Rex isn't shown the door.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt we only have 10 guys on the field for the 55 yard field goal too, also his dumb challenge, while not a fireable offense further shows his incompetence as a coach

Yes. For some reason it appeared the Bills coaches had no idea that Miami would be attempting a FG with time running out. When they ran the FG unit out the Bills had 10 players on the field which was likely a mix of the defense and special teams groups.

I don't really think screwing up the timeout call mattered because it seems like nobody ever misses a long kick against the Bills.

The sad thing is everything else they needed to happen yesterday happened. To torture us further I expect the football gods to dial up losses by the Ravens and Broncos today.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

#3 -- not knowing Gilmore couldn't return and having 10 men on field for Ajayi's 57-yard backbreaker

Individually they're awful; collectively, they're evidence of gross incompetence and grounds for immediate firing.

And then, of course, there are the continuous "communication issues" (probably because the Bills have 432 assistant coaches), and the lack of discipline and player accountability that results in a pathetic display of tackling.

Agree that Rex needs to go, but I can't support dumping Rex and keeping Whaley, giving him more power and clout.

I prefer a total housecleaning, but I would support putting a legit football man at the top of the organization, reporting to Pegs and only Pegs (no dotted line to Russ). Rex and Whaley can report to the new guy, both with extremely short leashes. I don't know if Coughlin is the guy, but I do think this is the best approach for Pegs to save face.

I liked having the ball with 30 seconds left in the first half, running 1 play that took 20 seconds then another play for another 5 seconds and then called a time out.

Then run a "WTF" play OOB to end the half.

that was great, guess he really wanted to get that first down to end the half instead of trying a hail mary that works atleast sometimes

Three fireable offenses:

1- Rex Painting his Jets truck Bills Blue.

2- Rex eating dog biscuits in pre-season and convinicing Pegula to do so

3- Rex wearing a Clemson helmet at a press conference

Three signs Bills should have never hired Rex:

1- He has a Sanchez tattoo

2- He has a Jets Truck

3- He loves sucking toes

Three signs Bills need to fire Rex:

1- He guaranteed the playoffs

2- His defense sucks

3- He hired his big fat brother to this mess

I don't blame him for not calling a timeout before the field goal as i rarely think icing the kicker works. But agree with your other points. Especially having only 10 men on field

It does work sometimes though. It worked on the Washington kicker during the Thanksgiving game.

I see a guy who made some bad decisions.

On the other hand, I also see a guy who is likely to be at .500 after 2 seasons with a team that was injury plagued.

Blast away, but I think this team has changed coaches too much. Another year IMO.

As to the qb, which FA are you eying up? Cutler, Romo? No thanks...

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Tasker always says you never call timeout when the other team has to rush out and kick a big field goal in a hurry. It gives them more time to set up, assess the wind, footing, etc.

The timeout thing is meaningless in the big picture anyway. I've been defending Rex but he lost me yesterday. Wasted 2 timeouts in the first half on stupidity, let Lynn get too fancy with the Reggie Bush call, punting away with 4 min left was such a joke when a tie eliminates you from playoffs.

He says every coach punts there, but not when you're getting gashed all day on defense. It was like he forgot we couldn't stop them all day.

1. 43

2. 38
3. 37
Key:
1. Number of points Kyle Orton put up on Rex's Jets team in the first matchup in 2014.*
2. Number of points Kyle Orton put up on Rex's Jets team in the second matchup in 2014.*
3. Number of points Ryan Fitzpatrick put up on Rex's Bills team in the first matchup in 2016.**
*Only two games that Orton put up more than 26
**One of only two games that Fitzpatrick put up more than 24, the other was against Cleveland
Edited by eeek

Miami was rushing to get FG team on the field and kick barely made it...by calling time out you're giving them a chance to relax and set up.....

having said that, he needs to be fired

Edited by nucci