(at least) Three fireable offenses by Rex yesterday:

eball

#2 -- punting from own 41 with 4:00 to go in OT

IMO you call a run on 3rd down there which gives you a decent chance to get the first down then or leaves you very short yardage on 4th down. By calling a pass you have a 40% chance of getting nothing. Rex must have decided by 3rd down that he would punt on 4th.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 -- failure to call TO before last-second Fish FG

#2 -- punting from own 41 with 4:00 to go in OT

#3 -- not knowing Gilmore couldn't return and having 10 men on field for Ajayi's 57-yard backbreaker

Individually they're awful; collectively, they're evidence of gross incompetence and grounds for immediate firing.

And then, of course, there are the continuous "communication issues" (probably because the Bills have 432 assistant coaches), and the lack of discipline and player accountability that results in a pathetic display of tackling.

I don't know how any fan can support this team if Rex isn't shown the door.

Eball - thought you'd like to know after all the kids opened presents this morning and mine are teenagers so went off their ways, I listened to NFLR and Vic and Alex were going over Buffalo and Ryan. I had to call in and went on a rant using your bulletin board material plus a few other things. I had Alex Marves laughing his ars off by the end.

Vic put salt in the wound, and he said to my issues with 27 coaches couldn't tell Rex in overtime Gilmore couldn't come back, "Dan, he actually had 28 coaches before they fired Roman". That also got a laugh from Alex. Anyway, I plagurized you on National Radio. All 100 listeners from coast to coast on Christmas late morning.

Merry Christmas guys! It's off to the in-laws.

IMO you call a run on 3rd down there which gives you a decent chance to get the first down then or leaves you very short yardage on 4th down. By calling a pass you have a 40% chance of getting nothing. Rex must have decided by 3rd down that he would punt on 4th.

Assuming Rex thinks that far ahead.

Wait isnt Lynn the OC people want to replace Rex calling those plays.

I get it i dont like Rex either but put the proper blame where it needs to be. Rex isnt calling any of those offensive playsb

Edited by MAJBobby

I see a guy who made some bad decisions.

On the other hand, I also see a guy who is likely to be at .500 after 2 seasons with a team that was injury plagued.

Blast away, but I think this team has changed coaches too much. Another year IMO.

As to the qb, which FA are you eying up? Cutler, Romo? No thanks...

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I like Rex but he is in over his head. I vote for bringing back Wade Philips and keep TT. We need to shore up the OL and add two more WR's. Should have kept Chris Hogan.

I like Rex but he is in over his head. I vote for bringing back Wade Philips and keep TT. We need to shore up the OL and add two more WR's. Should have kept Chris Hogan.

The more we need better players better players elswhere to make our QB look defent stuff. Should be we need a better QB to make our other plays look better

The more we need better players better players elswhere to make our QB look defent stuff. Should be we need a better QB to make our other plays look better

Why haven't we thought of that before! Let's just bring in an all pro QB, problem solved!

Why haven't we thought of that before! Let's just bring in an all pro QB, problem solved!

Kind of hard to do that when you refuse to draft them for years and go for the Fitz, Taylors UFAs etc etc.

Identify your Franchise QB in this round and go get him. Stop sitting on your hands like you did with Big Ben Dak Cam etc

Edited by MAJBobby

Kind of hard to do that when you refuse to draft them for years and go for the Fitz, Taylors UFAs etc etc.

I agree, it is the number one reason for the drought. But, we are where we are. What is your plan for acquiring an all pro qb for next year?

I'm all for upgrades at any position. But realistically I don't see a better option. Draft another QB for sure and have a QB competition next preseason. May the best man win. But I have seen the opposing defenses crashing thru the OL the second the ball is snapped, nobody is going to do very well under those conditions. We have one good WR that has trouble staying healthy, Robert Woods is serviceable and then it drops way off after that.

The defense is harder to decipher, is it players or scheme? Swartz came in and turned it around in one season. I think a new HC slash DC could turn this defense around. My vote is for Wade Philips, he puts players in a scheme to succeed based on their skills.

Just my opinion, we will see what happens,

Rex sucks. I defended him, and can see what he was trying to do. It almost worked, but he couldn't finish it.

Asset projection was the trendy philosophy this. Rex does deficit projection. I would've won if Ragland wasn't hurt. I would've won if the officials called my timeout. I would've won if I wasn't lazy and sloppy.

I agree, it is the number one reason for the drought. But, we are where we are. What is your plan for acquiring an all pro qb for next year?

Draft him, start him and grow with him ala Raiders

Maybe the QB gets the ball out on time then all this "pressure" doesnt really happen

Edited by MAJBobby

Exactly who?

Havent got into them to much yet but have three Ideass that will give me currently level of QB play with great upside

But no lets just stay put and run that drought to drinking age.

Keep rewarding players with security that don't deserve it

You know all the things we have done for the past 17 years

Edited by MAJBobby

I agree on the last two. Failing to get the TO called was laughably incompetent, but icing the kicker is such a bush league move anyway that it doesn't matter.

I think the fact that icing the kicker might be the easiest thing he had to do... yet he somehow was able to mess this up.

Hard to believe isnt it?

Yet, the FIRE REX POLL had posters wanting him to Stay another year!

Hard to believe isnt it?

Yet, the FIRE REX POLL had posters wanting him to Stay another year!

clean that vote and start over. Bet it changes. I intentionally didn't vote for that reason