Trump foreign policy

1 hour ago, ALF said:

What is the YPG in the agreement ?

What Kurdish military lost 11,000 lives helping the US defeat ISIS ?

The same I mentioned two weeks ago.  It's the militant arm of the PKK in Syria.  It's "homegrown" the same way the Provos were "homegrown" from Sinn Fein and the IRA.

Just now, Tiberius said:

Romney, 72, expressed frustration that the U.S. had caved to Turkey's demands, asking, "Are we so weak and so inept diplomatically that Turkey forced the hand of the United States of America? Turkey?"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mitt-romney-on-turkey-cease-fire-american-honor-has-already-been-tarnished

Kinda funny Romney accusing anyone or anything of being weak. That guy is so wimpy you would almost think he's related to black face Justin T.

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

So in short order we should pull out of South Korea, Japan, Germany, Poland too right? 

I mean we gotta be consistent....while we are at it....i mean we have been concerned with Israel for 70 years....they can do their own thing too....

Sick of paying for those bases!

,,,because factions in those countries have been warring and killing each other for years, right?......great comparison................

3 hours ago, Hedge said:

Worst. Warmonger. Ever.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

What Kurdish military lost 11,000 lives helping the US defeat ISIS ?

Was that Kurdish "military" helping us defeat ISIS out of the kindness of their hearts, or because ISIS was trying to conquer/kill their people?

You know, there is a bit of a difference.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Dante said:

Kinda funny Romney accusing anyone or anything of being weak. That guy is so wimpy you would almost think he's related to black face Justin T.

Hey now, don't forget that Romney gave some chick cancer, and that he owns a horse!

25 minutes ago, GG said:

You don’t see the contradiction of crying about Iran to the UN, but effectively strengthening Iran’s position on the ground?

No, I don’t. These issues are extraordinarily complex. In this case the Administration’s policies are consistent: they are getting the United States military forces out of the region while asking the UN to do its job so we won’t end up having to return any time soon.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

No, I don’t. These issues are extraordinarily complex. In this case the Administration’s policies are consistent: they are getting the United States military forces out of the region while asking the UN to do its job so we won’t end up having to return any time soon.

That's an excuse.  UN is a feckless organization that Trump has railed on forever. 

Actions matter much more than words.  This was an awful two weeks for Trump's foreign "policy"   

Just now, GG said:

That's an excuse.  UN is a feckless organization that Trump has railed on forever. 

Actions matter much more than words.  This was an awful two weeks for Trump's foreign "policy"   

Or part of a grand master plan according to some with information on the ground.

• Haha (+1) 1

The bottom has dropped out of Republican support for inane policy decisions. “Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a vocal critic of President Donald Trump’s decision to pull US troops from Syria, said Thursday he wants the Senate to pass a resolution condemning the move that is ‘even stronger’ than the one that passed the House Wednesday with a broad bipartisan vote.”

The problem that the Republicans have is that they have never been able to just fall in line. They have different opinions and aren't willing to let those opinions slide just for the sake of party unity. The Democrats on the other hand, march lock-step with party leadership (The Squad aside) and would follow party leadership off a cliff if lead there. The Republicans will never succumb to the lure of the lemming leaders, but will unite behind dynamic leadership while simultaneously objecting when they see fit. It's like Republicans are The Marlboro Man while Democrats seek out Virginia Slims.

2 hours ago, meazza said:

Or part of a grand master plan according to some with information on the ground.

There is a plan, but it's not a secret or a "master plan". It's what he ran on and has spent nearly every day in office executing: drawing the US down from endless wars which were being waged not to protect this country or for global stability, but to enrich the neocon/neoliberal/MiC establishment. The same establishment who's been engaging in a full on information warfare campaign against the western population. 

* The first step in that plan was to realign KSA with the west rather than the MiC/USIC, because KSA is the key to the GCC's ability to secure the region without requiring long term US support or boots on the ground. This happened in 2017, almost immediately after the US elections. The timing wasn't coincidental. 

* The second step was to push the US/GCC partnership to new heights of efficiency as they took it to Hezbollah and Hamas (and other Iranian proxies) in several theaters throughout 2018-2019 (including Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, and others -- covered while they were happening in the DS thread).

* While step two was happening, the US withdrew from the Iran deal and proceeded to defang Iran through economic warfare while the GCC/Israel/US forces took out their proxies supply lines and financing hubs. Combined, these two steps limited Iran's ability to continue its expansion in the region which had been ongoing for 8 years under 44.

* And while all that was going on, the US/GCC/Israel were all working together to tackle ISIS, AQ, and other sunni/shia proxies. 

Now we're in the latter stages of the plan. The Mullahs are going to go next -- and once they're gone, it'll create a small window for actual peace and stability in the region. But that window requires a strong presence in the region, like the GCC/Israel to do the job we assigned ourselves to do for the past 17 years. Will it work? Time will tell.

You can certainly argue against the messaging and Trump's own bloviation/inability to articulate the policy clearly -- that's fair and understandable -- but the results have been incredibly successful both on the ground and for the long term stability in the region. But because the media is not honest and answers to the MiC/USIC above all else, none of this has been accurately covered or reported on.  

The Kingdom is not what it was prior to 2017. It's also not an active combat zone. Stationing troops in KSA as a deterrent is not in any way comparable to putting troops between two hostile armies itching to fight. 

No new wars under 45 -- which is odd considering for two years we were told he was a warmonger. Truth is, he's a dove. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Kingdom is not what it was prior to 2017. It's also not an active combat zone. Stationing troops in KSA as a deterrent is not in any way comparable to putting troops between two hostile armies itching to fight. 

No new wars under 45 -- which is odd considering for two years we were told he was a warmonger. Truth is, he's a dove. 

Nothing better than a dove with an AR-15 over his shoulder and two 45 automatics on his hips.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no, the kingdom just suffered a major attack from Iran, that's all. Now we are there to protect the kingdom...and its oil 

That's so 1970's ish. Guess what? We don't need their stinkin' oil.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Nothing better than a dove with an AR-15 over his shoulder and two 45 automatics on his hips.

That's so 1970's ish. Guess what? We don't need their stinkin' oil.

No, we need to keep world oil prices low.  

We don't need their oil, but we need the world oil market.  So we protect China's and Japan's oil.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

The problem that the Republicans have is that they have never been able to just fall in line. They have different opinions and aren't willing to let those opinions slide just for the sake of party unity

This may be as inaccurate a statement as i have seen from one you lunatics. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Trump is his hero like Reagan was before. There's a thread about it somewhere. Idol worship is creepy especially with old male politicians, but 3rd thing does his own thing, so more power to him.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Yeah...remember when Biden publicly came out in support of gay marriage, then Obama's opinion "evolved," then EVERY Democrat fell in to lock-step behind them within a week?  

Republicans have orthodoxy of belief.  Democrats have orthodoxy of behavior.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah...remember when Biden publicly came out in support of gay marriage, then Obama's opinion "evolved," then EVERY Democrat fell in to lock-step behind them within a week?  

I look at it a little differently. In the current rendition of the Democratic Party the means, any means, justify the end....which is of course the amassing  of all power in the government. Once they get there, the noose gets tightened and everyone of these empathetic literal snowflakes is gonna get screwed! 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Shut up you dumb Trump supporter 

A letter to Kurdish soldiers from a US military wife

You don't know me, but I have known of you for most of my adult life. When my military husband and I quickly married, knowing he was deploying to the Middle East to be part of the 2003 invasion of Iraq, I feared what he and his Special Operations unit would face when they arrived.

How bad would the fighting be? How long would they be gone? Would he survive?
Months later, he returned and recounted to me what he could about his experience. I asked how he had made it through. He replied, "We had help. We had the Kurds."

He told me stories of how the Kurdish people in Northern Iraq supported the troops, advised them, stood by them, fought shoulder to shoulder with them in combat, and became allies and friends. And I became grateful -- immensely, unwaveringly, and forever grateful for you.

Since then, the word "Kurds" in my home has meant something. It has meant "ally"

There are pictures of Iraqi Kurds alongside my husband and fellow soldiers in our home. I have a coffee mug with depictions of female Syrian Kurdish soldiers on it that I proudly use to remind me of you. My children play soccer in their Kurdistan jerseys.

The Kurdish people are not nameless, faceless people across the world. You hold a place of honor and respect in our home. It's important to me that all of you know that. I owe you so much. My husband is home safe today after years of fighting and I know you helped make that happen.

But now, I watch the news in horror. I see promises broken, progress destroyed, years of hard work and unimaginable sacrifice gone in a tweet. I see allies betrayed, their faces in my picture frame. While watching the news, my children turn to me and ask if those are our friends and I say yes. They have looks of confusion on their faces.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/17/opinions/letter-to-kurdish-soldiers-from-military-wife-opinion/index.html

The full sad letter at the link

• Like (+1) 2