Trump foreign policy

4 hours ago, Doc said:

So Russia, Turkey, Syria and Iraq helped?  Isn't that asking for assistance from foreign governments and even more reason to impeach him?

BTW, the best part was when they asked if Nancy knew about it beforehand and he basically said "no, because I didn't want it leaked."

I wouldn’t even tell Nancy and Adam S$&t when there are donuts in the break room!

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I missed it last night -- I'll have to look. SNL can rewrite within an hour or less because they use cue cards. They like to rehearse during the week, so they try not to do a major rewrite at the 11th hour, but it happens all the time from my understanding. 

They rehearse?  

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yes, he was being tortured, until he blew himself up with a suicide vest.

Jesus, you're a ***** asshat.

So he was crying like a dog and then blew himself up and Trump saw and heard all this? What a load of crap (like your brain) 

I still would like to know what legal authority they are pretending to have that requires the president to inform Congress about planned/ongoing military operations. Especially notifying members of the House who have a history of actively hindering the president.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Koko78 said:

I still would like to know what legal authority they are pretending to have that requires the president to inform Congress about planned/ongoing military operations. Especially notifying members of the House who have a history of actively hindering the president.

i guess there's something about Congress having the first dibs on declaring war, but that hasn't been in effect, unless asked for, since Truman?

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i guess there's something about Congress having the first dibs on declaring war...

Great, what does their war declaration power have to do with being briefed on the operational plans of a particular mission? (On a side note, they already authorized the use of force.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, now the media is trying to compare Trump's "staged" photo in the Situation Room with Obama's 2011 photo that "crackles with suspense"... while glossing over the fact that Obama was taking a back seat, and even sitting on a folding chair.

https://news.yahoo.com/situation-room-2-photos-capture-193316423.html

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Koko78 said:

Great, what does their war declaration power have to do with being briefed on the operational plans of a particular mission? (On a side note, they already authorized the use of force.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, now the media is trying to compare Trump's "staged" photo in the Situation Room with Obama's 2011 photo that "crackles with suspense"... while glossing over the fact that Obama was taking a back seat, and even sitting on a folding chair.

not defending nancy at all, she would complain and make up ***** no matter what happened

• Like (+1) 1

HAHA Gator, you're just being a complete idiot you scaly weasel of a douche. Russia had air control and troops on the ground in the area. It was only prudent to tell them we were going to be having an operation there. It was a way to protect our troops, even though it prevented you from being able to laugh at their deaths.

Edited by 3rdnlng

7 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

He doesn't. He does have to inform them "in a timely manner" explaining why he didn't tell them, which he did at 9am. Not sure how "you leak like a ***** sieve" went over with the Democrats, but it is what it is. 

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

HAHAS Gator, you're just being a complete idiot you scaly weasel of a douche. Russia had air control and troops on the ground in the area. It was only prudent to tell them we were going to be having an operation there. It was a way to protect our troops, even though it prevented you from being able to laugh at their deaths.

Well, a US canine was injured. That had to have been good for a smirk.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He doesn't. He does have to inform them "in a timely manner" explaining why he didn't tell them, which he did at 9am. Not sure how "you leak like a ***** sieve" went over with the Democrats, but it is what it is. 

The 'leak like a sieve' comment was just to get them riled up (which means they will - quite predictably - say something stupid in response.) Same with the hyperbole he used in describing al Baghdadi's death.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i guess there's something about Congress having the first dibs on declaring war, but that hasn't been in effect, unless asked for, since Truman?

The War Powers Act also allows the President to start a war, as long as he informs Congress within 72 hours.

But in terms of ordering the military to do something, the President has unfettered authority.  That goes back at least to the Great White Fleet - Teddy Roosevelt wanted to send the US Navy on a world cruise, Congress refused to fund the coal purchases, so Roosevelt ordered them to sea and dared Congress not to buy them fuel.  

And it probably goes back further than that.  I don't recall Congress authorizing Lincoln's call-up of the state militias for the Civil War, and I'm almost certain Congress never authorized the Indian Wars.  And America's longest war (the Banana War in Nicaragua, 1912-1933) didn't have any Congressional approval.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The War Powers Act also allows the President to start a war, as long as he informs Congress within 72 hours.

But in terms of ordering the military to do something, the President has unfettered authority.  That goes back at least to the Great White Fleet - Teddy Roosevelt wanted to send the US Navy on a world cruise, Congress refused to fund the coal purchases, so Roosevelt ordered them to sea and dared Congress not to buy them fuel.  

And it probably goes back further than that.  I don't recall Congress authorizing Lincoln's call-up of the state militias for the Civil War, and I'm almost certain Congress never authorized the Indian Wars.  And America's longest war (the Banana War in Nicaragua, 1912-1933) didn't have any Congressional approval.

I can always count on you, many thanks!!!! 

If trump pulled a teddy we'd have a massive count of dems/libs/media dropping dead on the spot spontaneously

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Come on, Trump clearly had that in mind while bragging about killing this guy 

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I can always count on you, many thanks!!!! 

If trump pulled a teddy we'd have a massive count of dems/libs/media dropping dead on the spot spontaneously

I've pulled more than a few "teddys" in my day with good success but nothing like what you mentioned.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

HAHA Gator, you're just being a complete idiot you scaly weasel of a douche. Russia had air control and troops on the ground in the area. It was only prudent to tell them we were going to be having an operation there. It was a way to protect our troops, even though it prevented you from being able to laugh at their deaths.

Not just prudent, required.  That deconfliction process was established under Obama.

So let's blame Trump for following it, of course.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But he survived and is back in service. 

Trump rushed a wounded service animal back into service after making racist remarks about dogs?!?!?!?! #IMPEACH #MONSTER #INHUMANE #POUNDSYMBOL

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Well, a US canine was injured. That had to have been good for a smirk.

And that canine's name is classified.

Not, that canine's name is "Classified."  His name is a literal secret.  He's a Very Good Classified Boy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And that canine's name is classified.

Not, that canine's name is "Classified."  His name is a literal secret.  He's a Very Good Classified Boy.

Well, we wouldn't want to endanger the dog's family or b-itches by releasing his name.

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 1