Wentz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Franchise guy. Wonder how the Rams feel about their choice. Their fate was in their hands and they let it slip through their fingers.

Did the Iggles know better? Or is it really just a crapshoot?

The Rams Oline and WRs are a complete cluster. If you switched Goff and Prescott, everyone would be writing stories about Goff being the 2nd coming of Joe Montana while Dak would be Cody Kessler. With Johnson back, the Eagles have a very good Oline but could stand to get Wentz more help at the skill positions.

The Eagles right now sit #10 in draft order. They are in a prime position to land someone like Leonard Fournette or Dalvin Cook in the 1st. Either would be a huge upgrade on what they have at the RB position and help to take the load off of Wentz.

The Eagles right now sit #10 in draft order. They are in a prime position to land someone like Leonard Fournette or Dalvin Cook in the 1st. Either would be a huge upgrade on what they have at the RB position and help to take the load off of Wentz.

Except that pick belongs to the Cleveland Browns.

Franchise guy. Wonder how the Rams feel about their choice. Their fate was in their hands and they let it slip through their fingers.

Did the Iggles know better? Or is it really just a crapshoot?

Success does not happen in a vacuum. Coaching staffs go a long way towards QB development, and the Eagles have a much more QB-centric staff than the Rams.

Part of it is on the player, sure. But there are a lot of other variables that go into it.

You cant say simply swap the players and their success/failure goes with them.

The Rams Oline and WRs are a complete cluster. If you switched Goff and Prescott, everyone would be writing stories about Goff being the 2nd coming of Joe Montana while Dak would be Cody Kessler. With Johnson back, the Eagles have a very good Oline but could stand to get Wentz more help at the skill positions.

Exactly

Except that pick belongs to the Cleveland Browns.

They do have the Vikings 1st though. If the Vikings lose to the Packers (likely) and Bears (already did once this year) and the Eagles beat a Cowboys team with nothing to play for in week 17, the Vikings pick may end up higher than the Eagles' original pick.

This is hilarious. If EJ Manuel completely 54% of his passes for 152 yards with 1 td and 1 int & the offense scored 17 points, the OP would have been calling him a bust. It's hilarious the double standards some people have.

This isn't even to knock Wentz. But man, people see what they want to see and definitely have their own prejudices. EJ and Wentz has had basically the same rookie season. But I bet the Eagles will give Wentz more than 4 games next year.

More like Wentz needed Eli to throw 3 INT's.

Including a pick 6 and a red zone int.

I'm not even the biggest Tyrod fan but the a lot of the people praising Wentz for the game should be bashing Tyrod for a similar game. Double standards.

They do have the Vikings 1st though. If the Vikings lose to the Packers (likely) and Bears (already did once this year) and the Eagles beat a Cowboys team with nothing to play for in week 17, the Vikings pick may end up higher than the Eagles' original pick.

I said it at the time but that Bradford trade will be one of the worst trades in NFL history. The Vikes might have the same record with Shaun Hill.

This is hilarious. If EJ Manuel completely 54% of his passes for 152 yards with 1 td and 1 int & the offense scored 17 points, the OP would have been calling him a bust. It's hilarious the double standards some people have.

This isn't even to knock Wentz. But man, people see what they want to see and definitely have their own prejudices. EJ and Wentz has had basically the same rookie season. But I bet the Eagles will give Wentz more than 4 games next year.

I'm not even the biggest Tyrod fan but the a lot of the people praising Wentz for the game should be bashing Tyrod for a similar game. Double standards.

I said it at the time but that Bradford trade will be one of the worst trades in NFL history. The Vikes might have the same record with Shaun Hill.

I agree with a lot here.

Wentz has a lower ypa than Tyrod

Wentz has as many passing tds as Tyrod

Wentz has zero rushing tds to Tyrod's 6

Wentz has a worse Qb Rating (not QBR)

Wentz has a worse QBR

Wentz has 8 more ints than Tyrod

Wentz has a worse int % (in case you wanted to blame his more ints on more attempts)

However posters say Wentz is a "franchise QB" and Tyrod is the worst QB in the league - I'm looking at you Ryan L Billz :flirt:

I also agree on Bradford. How do so many teams keep giving up a 1st rounder for him?

Wentz went 5-1 in his first 6 games looking like a star. EJ couldn't string two good games together in his whole career. Terrible argument.

I agree with a lot here.

Wentz has a worse QBR

Wentz has a worse int % (in case you wanted to blame his more ints on more attempts)

However posters say Wentz is a "franchise QB" and Tyrod is the worst QB in the league - I'm looking at you Ryan L Billz :flirt:

I also agree on Bradford. How do so many teams keep giving up a 1st rounder for him?

Wentz is a rookie who has shown a lot of promise. TT is a 2nd year starter and been in the league 6 years? A rookie you expect to make mistakes and miss open receivers and just generally get confused by NFL defenses.

Wentz went 5-1 in his first 6 games looking like a star. EJ couldn't string two good games together in his whole career. Terrible argument.

What's his record now? EJ had a 4th quarter led against the Pats, beat the Panthers with a comeback drive, & beat the defending SB champs in his first 3 starts.

But you missed the point again. Not surprising.

Can't argue with this; I was hardly dazzled by Wentz last night but he does show potential. The question is will he learn from his mistakes and grow next year and beyond. I think there's a good chance of that happening.

I agree with a lot here.

Wentz has a worse QBR

I would say the things you like about Wentz is his size and he does seem to be more of a pocket passer.

But so many double talkers here.