Clayton Projects Mike Glennon as Bills' 2017 Starting QB

26CornerBlitz

This is a very dumb idea. A goofy stork at QB with turnstiles on the right side... just great if you want to lead the league in sacks allowed.

Even if Rex is gone I don't see Whaley hanging himself by dumping Tyrod. Besides, Taylor wasn't the biggest problem with the team this year.

The defense having epic letdowns against the Jets, Dolphins, Steelers and the run game going invisible at times against some teams. This is a run first team and for the offense to work the team must be able to run against every team.

All this and the fact that the leading receiver was playing hurt all season and then the second guy goes down for a few weeks. Clay missing a big game because his wife had a baby. The rest of the receivers are scrubs and try hards. If Chis Hogan was JAG, the rest of the Buffalo receiver corps are JSS.

TT wasn't the biggest problem on the team is correct (see Rex and Rob), but he is the biggest problem on the offense. He's terrible,especially for the $ he's due.

Save a few $ with Glennon over TT and grab a rt in fa with the savings and a vet wr.

Oh, and I like listening to Clayton, he's not worse than most out there. IMO.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4100 yards, 85 rating, and a 2:1 TD:INT ratio in 18 starts for a horrible Bucs team.

I'll take him over Fitz, Kap or anyone else they can get in the offseason.

Bingo! That is what we should have been doing for the last several years.

4100 yards, 85 rating, and a 2:1 TD:INT ratio in 18 starts for a horrible Bucs team.

I'll take him over Fitz, Kap or anyone else they can get in the offseason.

Keep in mind Glennon was one of the reasons the team was horrible.

Why else did they feel the need to draft Winston?

Clayton ruined any credibility to his story when he mentions Kaepernick. He obviously doesn't know anything about Buffalo. No way in the world would Bills fans buy a ticket to watch that disgrace of a human being.

what, all the drunk "super patriots" that go to the games?

Whatever team signs him--Mike Glennon--they will overpay for him (see Houston Texans). The Bills don't need to do that. Is he really an upgrade from Tyrod? I don't think so. In the end, I believe (hope) the Bills stick with Taylor.

They need to improve the Defense (FYI: this has been the biggest issue for this team), get a better RT, keep key players healthy, add some depth on both sides of the ball, and this team is a playoff team.

Exactly

Who produces more

Glennon
YPA 6.5
TD Passes 1 Per 21 attempts
INT 1 Per 42 attempts
Sacks 1 per 11.25
Career Rushing 86 yards 0 TDS
Tyrod
YPA 7.3
TD Passes 1 Per 23
Int 1 Per 58 attempts
Sacks 1 per 10.125
Career Rushing 1,224 11 TDs

There's 27 million reasons to run Tyrod out of town.

I'm ok with keeping TT. That 27 million will have to be restructured. I believe they cut him if he doesn't come off that figure. I'm not sure who we would be bidding against? Denver, 49ers maybe Jets?

The only way I would keep TT is if he restructures his deal and you tell him he is back in a QB competition again next year. If we cut TT loose then I would sign EJ to a 3 year deal and give him top back up money. You are not going to find a better back up QB on the market. I would give EJ enough money so that he won't try to leave and try to be a #1 with another club. I'm not saying I think he is a #1 but being that he is young and has lots of tangibles some team may present him an opportunity. The Bills I believe will give Cardale a chance to prove himself next year. They must in my opinion get a veteran guy in here and unless they think there is a solid college QB that really has a chance to develop I would not draft a QB. We already have a young Cardale Jones who is only a year out of college. If Cardale doesn't step his game up then maybe we go that route again in the draft next season. My biggest scare is that TT leaves and some team develops him in to a stud QB.

Who produces more

Glennon
YPA 6.5

INT 1 Per 42 attempts

Sacks 1 per 11.25

Tyrod
YPA 7.3

TD Passes 1 Per 23

Int 1 Per 58 attempts

Sacks 1 per 10.125

Career Rushing 1,224 11 TDs

Well said, I'd rather have Tyrod. He turns the ball over less and creates more opportunities with his legs.

TT wasn't the biggest problem on the team is correct (see Rex and Rob), but he is the biggest problem on the offense. He's terrible,especially for the $ he's due.

Save a few $ with Glennon over TT and grab a rt in fa with the savings and a vet wr.

Oh, and I like listening to Clayton, he's not worse than most out there. IMO.

Tyrod is not the biggest problem on the offense. The world knows he is a limited pocket QB! So when the run game fails don't put the entire offense on the running QB to throw from the pocket with his receivers all injured.

The 2016 Buffalo Bills are a run-first team and are very hard to beat when they get Shady McCoy going. So, the bottom line is to make certain that the Bills run game doesn't ever falter! A better right side of the line, better TE's, better WR's and RB's that won't be stopped like Karlos Williams was last year.

Mike Glennon 6'7'' 225... and now look at the Texans Brock Osweiler who was so bad that he made a 1500 yard a year WR in DeAndre Hopkins look bad.

The Bills have the right QB they just need a better line (right side), better receivers (that aren't always injured) and a defense that isn't giving up historical amounts of yards to other teams.

I'm ok with keeping TT. That 27 million will have to be restructured. I believe they cut him if he doesn't come off that figure. I'm not sure who we would be bidding against? Denver, 49ers maybe Jets?

There are a bunch of teams now using that run first philosophy and with the Cowboys, it's currently working the best.

Against Cleveland, we saw that given time in the pocket TT can throw over the middle and play better with the run game working.

Denver isn't run first but they easily could change that up with TT as they have the championship defense. The Rams, 49ers, Jets, Cleveland, Houston and Chicago might all be looking for a better option at QB. I would really hate to see Taylor throwing bombs to Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker.

Keep in mind Glennon was one of the reasons the team was horrible.

Why else did they feel the need to draft Winston?

JW was considered, probably with reason, to be the best prospect for playing the position since Luck, and by many to be an almost equivalent talent. Hard to pass on a guy like that if you have a chance of landing him.

Glennon may not be the answer but he seems to have the makings of a legit NFL passer. I'd gladly trade Tyrod's 400 yards or so rushing for a guy who can make the basic throws with some consistency. If opposing Ds had to seriously defend the pass our excellent run game would still be there and would quite possibly make up Taylor's run yardage. Adding a credible passing attack could turn the O into a pretty fearsome weapon. And I am in agreement that our WRs and TEs are actually not that bad and that their production could improve significantly if we had a passing game.

Tyrod is not the biggest problem on the offense.

You say this and then offer up this? :doh:

The world knows he is a limited pocket QB! So when the run game fails don't put the entire offense on the running QB to throw from the pocket with his receivers all injured.

So, the bottom line is to make certain that the Bills run game doesn't ever falter! A better right side of the line, better TE's, better WR's and RB's that won't be stopped like Karlos Williams was last year.

It sure as hell sounds like he is :blink:

Against Cleveland, we saw that given time in the pocket TT can throw over the middle and play better with the run game working.

Cleveland is not a team you would use to illustrate being good in any phase of the game; yes they are that bad. Even Sal C said that was the worst team he has seen in his 3 years on a sideline. They are most definitely worse than the 0-16 Lions team. You simply cannot justify what you saw in a game against the Browns and say something works...

There are a bunch of teams now using that run first philosophy and with the Cowboys, it's currently working the best.

Denver isn't run first but they easily could change that up with TT as they have the championship defense. The Rams, 49ers, Jets, Cleveland, Houston and Chicago might all be looking for a better option at QB. I would really hate to see Taylor throwing bombs to Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker.

Kind of working cause of their monster offensive line and decent defense

Who produces more

Glennon
YPA 6.5

INT 1 Per 42 attempts

Sacks 1 per 11.25

Tyrod
YPA 7.3

TD Passes 1 Per 23

Int 1 Per 58 attempts