Clayton Projects Mike Glennon as Bills' 2017 Starting QB

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say this and then offer up this? :doh:

It sure as hell sounds like he is :blink:

Cleveland is not a team you would use to illustrate being good in any phase of the game; yes they are that bad. Even Sal C said that was the worst team he has seen in his 3 years on a sideline. They are most definitely worse than the 0-16 Lions team. You simply cannot justify what you saw in a game against the Browns and say something works...

Yes, Cleveland is bad. I don't know that they are actually worse than the 0-16 Lions, though. The thing is the Bills seem to really do well against bad teams and fall on their face against the good teams. For a lot of the running teams when the run game falters the QB usually falters. It's what killed Rex Ryan's past teams.

When I said given time Tyrod can throw over the middle and play better when the run game is working. The point was that if the Bills switched QB's with Dallas I don't know that their record would be any worse. However, I do know that if Dak Prescott were in Buffalo he would look a whole lot worse than he does in Dallas. The Cowboys have the best O-line in the league. They have the best rushing RB and second best rushing attack behind Buffalo. They have a better receiver corps and a TE They have better coaching on both sides of the ball, better game plans, and are more disciplined all over.

As I pointed out in a different thread it took Drew Brees a full two seasons of playing before he developed into the player we see today. In that second season, Brees threw 11 TD's, 15 INT's and went 2-9. The very next year he went 11-4, 27 TD's, 7 INTs. I'm not saying Taylor will ever be as good as Brees. My point here is that different players finish developing at different times.

Tyrod Taylor is currently still developing and we can't possibly determine his ceiling when his surrounding cast hasn't been very good all year.

Yes, I would love to have Derek Carr behind center in Buffalo. But we don't have him because the GM couldn't identify his talent. We have Tyrod Taylor and until the team finds better they would be foolish to bring in some scrub and expect greatness.

@Rotoworld_FB

Mike Glennon to get $13-15M per year as a FA? http://tinyurl.com/zpfxwgt

I'll take the under. Remember all the BS trade rumors of them trying to get a 2nd round pick for him?

I have nothing else to add but this.

CMNuNUvWoAE1iEV.jpg

Haha, amazing. And I think this way but he just doesn't ever look like he could be the face of a franchise. A franchise qb needs to be the guy all the dudes are jealous of and all the chicks want to be with. It's a very underrated qb ranking. Glennon is behind Colton Schmidt in those categories.

I'll take the under. Remember all the BS trade rumors of them trying to get a 2nd round pick for him?

Haha, amazing. And I think this way but he just doesn't ever look like he could be the face of a franchise. A franchise qb needs to be the guy all the dudes are jealous of and all the chicks want to be with. It's a very underrated qb ranking. Glennon is behind Colton Schmidt in those categories.

Our QB can be absolutely hideous as long as he is getting it done on the field

that said

Jimmy Grappalo does appear to meet that requirement

Edited by John from Hemet

this is NOT what Clayton does well, and should stop doing it because he doesn't get them right. Just saying

Clayton is a bright guy. He knows some teams pretty well: Seattle (where he lives now), Pittsburgh (where he used to live).

But he's usually pretty clueless about the Bills.

Our QB can be absolutely hideous as long as he is getting it done on the field

that said

Jimmy Grappalo does appear to meet that requirement

Haha, I generally agree. I don't think Glennon is a really good qb.

But I do sort it think qbs should be studs. I guess that's why I always thought EJ had a chance. Jimmy G fits this bill. Fact of life is the guy who gets the hottest chicks becomes a natural leader.

Because it goes against Gug's beliefs.

No, that's not why.

Glennon has been primarily a backup in his 2+ years in the league. He's started 18 games, less than half of which as the actual starting QB.

Taylor has also been primarily a backup, however his career is now at 5+ years in the league. He's got 28 starts, all of which as the actual starting QB.

This means that all of Taylor's starts have come after working with the first team offense in most/all of the preseason and in all of the practices during the regular season.

Not so with Glennon.

So, you see, comparing the two and deducing that Taylor is better based merely on statistics is actually very stupid.

But please, carry on and maintain that this is part of my "crusade," ....simply because it goes against your beliefs.

When I said given time Tyrod can throw over the middle and play better when the run game is working. The point was that if the Bills switched QB's with Dallas I don't know that their record would be any worse. However, I do know that if Dak Prescott were in Buffalo he would look a whole lot worse than he does in Dallas. The Cowboys have the best O-line in the league. They have the best rushing RB and second best rushing attack behind Buffalo. They have a better receiver corps and a TE They have better coaching on both sides of the ball, better game plans, and are more disciplined all over.

As I pointed out in a different thread it took Drew Brees a full two seasons of playing before he developed into the player we see today. In that second season, Brees threw 11 TD's, 15 INT's and went 2-9. The very next year he went 11-4, 27 TD's, 7 INTs. I'm not saying Taylor will ever be as good as Brees. My point here is that different players finish developing at different times.

Tyrod Taylor is currently still developing and we can't possibly determine his ceiling when his surrounding cast hasn't been very good all year.

Yes, I would love to have Derek Carr behind center in Buffalo. But we don't have him because the GM couldn't identify his talent. We have Tyrod Taylor and until the team finds better they would be foolish to bring in some scrub and expect greatness.

The issue comes down to whether you believe that TT can advance his game. Can he learn to read defenses and go through progressions? Can he be more consistent with his accuracy? Can he utilize the whole field or primarily be a sideline passer? Those are the issues that the front office has to decide very soon because the contract issue will be upon them this offseason.

The problem I have with TT is that although he has not been a starter for long he has been in this league for at least five years. How advanced and mature is his passing game? I would say not very much. Our passing offense is very limited and primitive not because of the quality of our receivers but because of his own limitations.

If I had a choice between Dak Prescott and TT the decision would be very easy. Even acknowledging that the Cowboys are a much better and complete team than the laggard Bills I would take Dak over Tyrod without any hesitation. And so would every organization in the league!

I have been very patient with TT and open minded about his prospects for developing into a competent starter. To put it mildly after seeing him play these two seasons I have major doubts about this veteran qb.

Edited by JohnC

Glennon could be a starter, but comparisons do not make sense. When he started and played, Tampa was one of the least talented teams in the league, and he had no protection.

I'm not saying he is he answer, but I wouldn't be surprised if we picked him up, and drafted another QB in the second round. We'll find out by March or April. Until then, it's just a bunch of conjecture.

I care about us winning today and next week.

Glennon could be a starter, but comparisons do not make sense. When he started and played, Tampa was one of the least talented teams in the league, and he had no protection.

I'm not saying he is he answer, but I wouldn't be surprised if we picked him up, and drafted another QB in the second round. We'll find out by March or April. Until then, it's just a bunch of conjecture.

I care about us winning today and next week.

On paper he seems to have the passing ability of Tyrod with a bit more INT and none of the running or escapability. As an above poster noted behind the Mills this is a recipe for disaster.