Clayton Projects Mike Glennon as Bills' 2017 Starting QB

26CornerBlitz

Projecting 2017 starters (ESPN Insider)

New starters in 2017

Buffalo Bills

Projected 2017 starter: Mike Glennon

I'm projecting the Bills to move on from Tyrod Taylor because I don't think they see him as an $18 million-a-year franchise quarterback. They could get out of his contract after the season for a small cap hit. Taylor is 14-13 as a starter in his career, and he hasn't gotten an endorsement from the front office or Rex Ryan, who might be out after the season. Taylor's completion percentage has dropped from 63.7 percent to 60.6, and his yards per attempt are down from 8.0 to 6.8.

If Buffalo moves on, it could turn to Glennon, the former third-round pick who has started 18 games for the Buccaneers and is a free agent after the season. Glennon will be one of the top signal-callers on a weak free-agent market. This could also be a potential landing spot for Colin Kaepernick, but that would likely be on a short-term deal. I think the Bills will draft a quarterback in the middle of the first round, but the top QB prospects don't have much starting experience and will need time to develop.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They shouldn't hand anyone the job. They should have 3 legit possibilities fighting it out in training camp.

Well, I don't think Glennon is a signing where the guys assumed to be anointed starter before the ink dries.

Cardale, high pick and Glennon wouldn't bug me if he's a scheme fit for the next coach. Would miss the mobility but I'll take a thrower any day if there's an option (not saying he is the guy)

Well, I don't think Glennon is a signing where the guys assumed to be anointed starter before the ink dries.

Cardale, high pick and Glennon wouldn't bug me if he's a scheme fit for the next coach. Would miss the mobility but I'll take a thrower any day if there's an option (not saying he is the guy)

What do you think he might sign for?

8-10 million per is my guess. If he gets that much he'd be at least assumed to be the starter.

This is dumb. What based on Buddy's interest in him 5 years ago. Listening to Gazoo every week on GR is impossibly bad

This is a very dumb idea. A goofy stork at QB with turnstiles on the right side... just great if you want to lead the league in sacks allowed.

Even if Rex is gone I don't see Whaley hanging himself by dumping Tyrod. Besides, Taylor wasn't the biggest problem with the team this year.

The defense having epic letdowns against the Jets, Dolphins, Steelers and the run game going invisible at times against some teams. This is a run first team and for the offense to work the team must be able to run against every team.

All this and the fact that the leading receiver was playing hurt all season and then the second guy goes down for a few weeks. Clay missing a big game because his wife had a baby. The rest of the receivers are scrubs and try hards. If Chis Hogan was JAG, the rest of the Buffalo receiver corps are JSS.

What do you think he might sign for?

8-10 million per is my guess. If he gets that much he'd be at least assumed to be the starter.

I suppose I might be lowball in my thoughts

It always blows my mind how quick guys salaries can swing there the line between a 4-5m guy and at 15m guy can be so fine sometimes... like is there 1 coordinator interested in your potential or 2 bidding and bam 18m a year from the Texans suddenly