Doug Whaley - The Tim Graham Feature Story

Reed83HOF

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting read.

This might explain why some may be trying to deflect "blame."

I like Whaley, but if he or people in his department are throwing the head coach under the bus, the person(s) responsible need to be shown the door.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If what Graham says about waiting for juniors to declare before they are scouted is true, that is all you need to know. The organization is still in the dark ages.

Terrible article. By Graham's logic we should never have traded for Lesean MCoy because Kiko was a Bills draft pick and would have counted for a higher percentage of players drafted on our roster.

Huh?? What a ridiculous take.

Anyway, another home run by Graham.

Nailed the Whaley-Nix dynamics perfectly.

Why does Whaley get credit for Hughes?

I haven't given credit to Whaley for Hughes. I don't recall too many people doing so.

It's not surprising for the team to drum up good will toward people within the organization....seems pretty weird to call it out. Really, is there a counter example anywhere in the league of this type of thing? Do media interviews with organization leadership tend to heap praise on past personnel while throwing the trash on the current regime? If so, I'd like to see it.

Really, this article is a heap of trash. Cherry picking facts and basically making up your own version of history in order to pretend there's some conspiracy within the Bills organization. Give me a break. Tim Graham has decided that he will hang his coat on running Whaley out of town. That should be fine, there's at least an argument to make for clearing house, but this type of non-sense is just fluff because there's really nothing substantial out there to write about.

Doug Whaley is one of the best, if not the best, pro personnel scout in the NFL. Of course he's going to have a higher share of non draft-picks on his roster. The premise that this is a bad thing when your GM is clearly strong at it is silly.

Edited by Chilly

I haven't given credit to Whaley for Hughes. I don't recall too many people doing so.

It's not surprising for the team to drum up good will toward people within the organization....seems pretty weird to call it out. Really, is there a counter example anywhere in the league of this type of thing? Do media interviews with organization leadership tend to heap praise on past personnel while throwing the trash on the current regime? If so, I'd like to see it.

Really, this article is a heap of trash. Cherry picking facts and basically making up your own version of history in order to pretend there's some conspiracy within the Bills organization. Give me a break. Tim Graham has decided that he will hang his coat on running Whaley out of town. That should be fine, there's at least an argument to make for clearing house, but this type of non-sense is just fluff because there's really nothing substantial out there to write about.

Everyone has.

Doug Whaley is one of the best, if not the best, pro personnel scout in the NFL. Of course he's going to have a higher share of non draft-picks on his roster. The premise that this is a bad thing when your GM is clearly strong at it is silly.

In a salary cap league, a high percentage of low cost draft picks is imperative for success.

It happens daily. You need to read more.

In a salary cap league, a high percentage of low cost draft picks is imperative for success.

I don't think the salary cap is nearly that big of a deal. You do have to work inside of the constraints of it, but Polian talks a lot on Sirius NFL Radio how easy it is to create salary cap room if you need it. He calls it basically a non-factor most of the time.

Nailed the Whaley-Nix dynamics perfectly.

Why does Whaley get credit for Hughes?

I've asked this question on this forum many times over the years. Blaming EJ on Nix is necessary to keep the "Whaley is a genius" narrative alive.

He kind of rambled on too much about the drafted players by team.... but i liked how he shined a light on the bills little outsourcing blame and magnifying credit shell game.

The point of his article relied on comparative data.

I think the premise was that the GM is clearly not that strong.

You haven't really refuted the thrust of the article. You just simply told us Whaley is "the best".

Unconvincing...

Edited by Mr. WEO

The point of his article relied on comparative data.

I think the premise was that the GM is clearly not that strong.

You haven't really refuted the thrust of the article. You just simply told us haley is "the best".

Unconvincing...

The premise was that the GM isn't strong because he built his roster differently than the way the other NFL teams have built their rosters. Whaley's strength is pro personnel scouting, it's not surprising his roster is built to favor pro personnel. This in and of itself isn't proof he's a bad or good GM, it's proof he builds his roster using his strength.

Typical TBN bias garbage. Franchise QB's don't grow on trees like Timmy implies.

Meh.

Graham states that EJ Manuel was the first QB the Bills have ever drafted with their first pick........but that is misleading because they actually TRADED their first pick to move back in round 1 and get the #2 pick they used on Kiko....... and then used the later first round pick they got to select Manuel.

So if it is possible to UNDERSTATE how little effort the Bills have put into finding a QB.....how ALL IN they have NOT been......Graham did it. :lol:

In that time they've drafted like 30 RB/DB with their first pick. :doh:

True story, bro.