OK, here's where I'm at:

The Bills, to me, have one of two options going forward:

1) Total roach-motel style cleanout - nuke the whole thing from orbit, and start over with someone, anyone who's football-intelligent running the whole program. To me, this is the optimal outcome but highly unlikely.

2) A total buy-in with the staff that's already here (including tyrod taylor) - this is the more likely outcome. I get the argument for continuity, i really do. Could it work? Maybe. But as a lifelong fan it just doesn't -feel- like the right thing to do.

Anything other than these two options is bound to fail over the long term. Thoughts?

Option 1 is what is needed and what will get the organization turned around.

Which is why we will go with something else.

It is sounding increasingly like Rex is gone. When he goes, Tyrod will not be retained.

I am afraid Whaley, Brandon, and Pegula will continue to run things as they did before the Rex hire, simply replacing Rex with someone new, and God knows what for their next QB idea.

That won't be enough.

1) Total roach-motel style cleanout - nuke the whole thing from orbit, and start over with someone, anyone who's football-intelligent running the whole program. To me, this is the optimal outcome but highly unlikely.

2) A total buy-in with the staff that's already here (including tyrod taylor) - this is the more likely outcome. I get the argument for continuity, i really do. Could it work? Maybe. But as a lifelong fan it just doesn't -feel- like the right thing to do.

Anything other than these two options is bound to fail over the long term. Thoughts?

I was in your spot a couple of weeks ago, but now the ship appears to have sailed on option 2. Fissures are appearing. We've seen that in TT's postgame Q&As with the media and with some comments from other players. I hope they blow it up, but I can see them blaming it all on TT and keeping everything intact except him.

I'm not opposed to seeing what Rex can do with a real QB. I believe if this team had a real QB this year they would have 8 or 9 wins right now. I also believe this team has talent enough to be in the playoffs.

Edited by old school

Get rid of DThurm, Rob and keep Lynn as OC.

Let TT walk.

Let Gilmore walk.

You really want to keep Lynn while getting rid of TT?

If you want to move on from TT, then you should also want to move on from Rex, Lynn and everyone else tied to this "run first" offense. Lynn is equally responsible for this steaming pile of crap passing game that we see week in and week out. If you want to get rid of the weeds in your garden, you pull the whole weed out including the roots.

I'm not opposed to seeing what Rex can do with a real QB. I believe if this team had a real QB this year they would have 8 or 9 wins right now. I also believe this team has talent enough to be in the playoffs.

If we had playoff talent, we would be in the playoffs

This forum overvalues our talent on the whole.

We do have talent in spots. What talent we have is thin however and we can't survive the inevitable injuries that plague everyone during the season.

You really want to keep Lynn while getting rid of TT?

If you want to move on from TT, then you should also want to move on from Rex, Lynn and everyone else tied to this "run first" offense. Lynn is equally responsible for this steaming pile of crap passing game that we see week in and week out. If you want to get rid of the weeds in your garden, you pull the whole weed out including the roots.

Not really if TT's vision wasn't a dumpster fire Lynn's offense would yield better results.

How anyone who watched the Patriots last night think that we can win with this coaching staff including Lynn as OC has totally lost their mind!!! Come on people wake up. Do you think anyone of our coaches would have a job with another team? Lynn would not be higher than water boy. Totally overmatched.

How about his horrible defense? The focus seems to be weighted towards QB...which is ok but let's not forget our defense is awful

Option 2 (do nothing) is not likely to fail over the long term??

Not really if TT's vision wasn't a dumpster fire Lynn's offense would yield better results.

I kind of agree with this. Lynn is hard to evaluate in terms of the passing game because of Taylor. The routes are simplified for him. It's hard enough to evaluate the receivers with Taylor as QB.

How about his horrible defense? The focus seems to be weighted towards QB...which is ok but let's not forget our defense is awful

Which is the main reason Rex should go.

He took a really good defense and ruined it. I think he is simply not as good of a defensive mind as he is given credit for. At some point you have to stop accepting excuses from the guy. Hit the road Jack.

Which is the main reason Rex should go.

He took a really good defense and ruined it. I think he is simply not as good of a defensive mind as he is given credit for. At some point you have to stop accepting excuses from the guy. Hit the road Jack.

And don't ya come back no more!

Get rid of DThurm, Rob and keep Lynn as OC.

Let TT walk.

Let Gilmore walk.

TT can walk. Right now, and I didnt know this but my 13 year old son pointed out to me that Gilmore is ranked 5th best CB in the league. He def. had a few bad games that may be clouding all of us under this horrendous coaching staff. Id slap the tag on him.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ranking-the-top-10-cornerbacks-in-the-nfl-070716

Edited by billsfan_34

It pains me to say this but I don't see any difference between Pegula and Wilson. Pegula has more money no doubt but he inherited a franchise with a 15 year non playoff streak. His changes so far are replacing Marrone, who quit, with Rex. He has instituted a continuity theme within the franchise. He has directly or indirectly rewarded high risks moves such as drafting Watkins by retaining these people and elevating their stature within the organization. My point is until Pegula takes a big step backwards and looks at the big picture he will continue his ill advised ways. He needs new people who have experience in turning around. Someone who has a plan or vision. Right now the Bills FO is throwing darts with the lights turned off. Meanwhile teams that stunk not too long ago have passed the Bills. The Cowboys have a strong o line and a qb and rb to go with Bryant. The Raiders, Lions, Dolphins are tracking on a good path. Meanwhile we'll be hanging around with the Jests and Niners. Come on Terry be bold and bust a move.

IMO, Option #1 has already occurred.

There will be no Ryan, no Whaley, no Tyrod and believe it or not, no Brandon, no Overdorf.

It is in the Pegulas most basic, selfish interests to get this playoff monkey off their back as soon as possible. Teams that go twenty years without playoffs don't get new stadiums and miss profit making opportunities that successful teams enjoy.

Consider this. The Bills made only $26 million in income in 2015, down from a paltry 44 million in 2014. A measly 26 million dollars in a multi-billion dollar league.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193556/operating-income-of-national-football-league-teams-in-2010/

Edited by dpberr