OK, here's where I'm at:

The Bills, to me, have one of two options going forward:

1) Total roach-motel style cleanout - nuke the whole thing from orbit, and start over with someone, anyone who's football-intelligent running the whole program. To me, this is the optimal outcome but highly unlikely.

2) A total buy-in with the staff that's already here (including tyrod taylor) - this is the more likely outcome. I get the argument for continuity, i really do. Could it work? Maybe. But as a lifelong fan it just doesn't -feel- like the right thing to do.

Anything other than these two options is bound to fail over the long term. Thoughts?

Joe, I love option #1, and any other franchise would make a great fresh start after this train-wreck season, but we all know too well that this franchise has rarely done the right thing.

We're on(losing) to cleveland.

Get rid of DThurm, Rob and keep Lynn as OC.

Let TT walk.

Let Gilmore walk.

What about Rex? And, please, let Lynn go too!

How anyone who watched the Patriots last night think that we can win with this coaching staff including Lynn as OC has totally lost their mind!!! Come on people wake up. Do you think anyone of our coaches would have a job with another team? Lynn would not be higher than water boy. Totally overmatched.

Agreed

1) Total roach-motel style cleanout - nuke the whole thing from orbit, and start over with someone, anyone who's football-intelligent running the whole program. To me, this is the optimal outcome but highly unlikely.

2) A total buy-in with the staff that's already here (including tyrod taylor) - this is the more likely outcome. I get the argument for continuity, i really do. Could it work? Maybe. But as a lifelong fan it just doesn't -feel- like the right thing to do.

Anything other than these two options is bound to fail over the long term. Thoughts?

I'm ok with both of these HOWEVER if it is option 2 and it doesn't work there should be NO OTHER OPTION than option 1...

I agree 100% and this is where I have been.

I am a clean-house guy, re-do the thing as an expansion team like the Browns are doing... but make sure we have good management running the machine.

But, the second best option is to leave everything along another season or 2. Let everyone in the current structure sink or swim. Then in 1 or 2 years, nuke it... or alternatively, success is coming.

Changing out the coach and especially promoting from within only continues/slows the cycle we have been experiencing.

As it is now, they will get lightning in the bottle eventually and get a playoff spot. I want a sustainable model though and to become a Pittsburgh/Baltimore, NE, NYG, Philly, Denver, etc... Maybe a year or 2 dip here and there, but more often than not a contender.

You really want to keep Lynn while getting rid of TT?

If you want to move on from TT, then you should also want to move on from Rex, Lynn and everyone else tied to this "run first" offense. Lynn is equally responsible for this steaming pile of crap passing game that we see week in and week out. If you want to get rid of the weeds in your garden, you pull the whole weed out including the roots.

We score a **** ton of points DESPITE our QB play. There!