A few thoughts about the Steelers Game (BillFromNYC Tribute)

Virgil

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and the Bills looked they were shuffling around afraid they were going slip on the snow. We looked like a Florida team playing in snow for the first time.

D looked like it was playing 1/2 speed. I hate to complain when D gets 3 turnovers, but I will anyway. Gutless pig performance.

I was at the game and the Bills looked they were shuffling around afraid they were going slip on the snow. We looked like a Florida team playing in snow for the first time.

D looked like it was playing 1/2 speed. I hate to complain when D gets 3 turnovers, but I will anyway. Gutless pig performance.

Agree 100%. And instead of tackling they were mostly just hurling themselves into piles.

I've really grown to hate many of the players and coaches on this particular team. There is no leadership, no accountability, and no heart. Dammit at least Fred Jackson would be prowling the sidelines motivating the guys. They don't have a single player like that dude anymore. And the coaches are barely putting in the work to prepare - it's pretty obvious that the Ryans are just coasting their way to the Fox NFL Pregame Show.

It's really depressing and these great fans and great owners deserve better. F you Rex.

Also F you Preston Brown and F you Dan Carpenter and F you Charles Clay. You three guys suck at your jobs.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I watched the game until it put me to sleep. The Steelers had few problems with the weather conditions. This showed how unprepared the Bills were for a big game. Or maybe that was last week against Oakland where they were unprepared for a big game. Of maybe so many other games this season where they were unprepared. It begins and ends with the head coach. Its time to move on again.

Just a word on Bell. I kept yelling at the TV and saying "No you idiots, you don't tackle bell up high, you take out his legs, just like Fred Jackson" AARRGGHHH He reminds me of Freddie, (I know I know Fred was never THIS productive) but they run very much alike, IMO. You can't tackle this kid Bell anywhere above his waist, you'll lose that battle, everytime. The sad part is, if I know this, why don't our defensive geniuses?

Tim-

For all those of you suggesting Todd Haley - do you remember how awful he was in Kansas City? He has a career record of 19-26. He is a self absorbed hothead with a poor temperament.

This is the guy that fired Chan in the preseason. I mean, what could you have possibly seen in the preseason that you didn't see in the offseason that would force you to make that kind of move? Rex fired Roman early in the season, but at least in that case he saw two real football games with the starters in the entire time.

The Steelers offense is fantastic as was the Cardinals under his watch. He's been with a consistent winning franchise and can see how it's done.

I think he's worth another chance and he definitely won't be friends with the players. His performance is as proven as you could want.

I'm also okay with Josh McDaniels.

The Steelers offense is fantastic as was the Cardinals under his watch. He's been with a consistent winning franchise and can see how it's done.

I think he's worth another chance and he definitely won't be friends with the players. His performance is as proven as you could want.

I'm also okay with Josh McDaniels.

The thing Haley has going against him is getting a third opportunity. Generally you get two opportunities If you can prove yourself. Three are pretty rare. I know John Fox has and there has been a few, but teams seem to shy away from hiring coaches after getting fired twice

Even the field crew sucked today, how in the world did they get so much black rubber all over the place

yep

that's the same turf they have at the Rogers Centre in Toronto. The field is made up of those rubber pellets from ground up tires. The pro led they had I. Toronto was balls being hit and the pellets spraying up on to the field and getting into players faces/eyes. After a while the rubber was supposed to compact and spray less. I was surprised at how much came up just from clearing the field of snow

For all those of you suggesting Todd Haley - do you remember how awful he was in Kansas City? He has a career record of 19-26. He is a self absorbed hothead with a poor temperament.

This is the guy that fired Chan in the preseason. I mean, what could you have possibly seen in the preseason that you didn't see in the offseason that would force you to make that kind of move? Rex fired Roman early in the season, but at least in that case he saw two real football games with the starters in the entire time.

and people keep calling for Schwartz, did anyone see his time coaching the Lions?

Thanks for calling our Preston Brown

He was absolutely dreadful today

it was significant.

Virgil, thank you for picking up the ball, I very much enjoy your entries here!

:thumbsup:

Agree 100%. And instead of tackling they were mostly just hurling themselves into piles.

I've really grown to hate many of the players and coaches on this particular team. There is no leadership, no accountability, and no heart. Dammit at least Fred Jackson would be prowling the sidelines motivating the guys. They don't have a single player like that dude anymore. And the coaches are barely putting in the work to prepare - it's pretty obvious that the Ryans are just coasting their way to the Fox NFL Pregame Show.

It's really depressing and these great fans and great owners deserve better. F you Rex.

Also F you Preston Brown and F you Dan Carpenter and F you Charles Clay. You three guys suck at your jobs.

stuff makes me irritable sometimes

Edited by 3rdand12

I cant believe ive watched this team for +30yrs and i was fooled yet again. Ive kepts saying the arrow was pointing up for this franchise overall. I dont know what to think.

Ill say this: if we are to fire Rex, everyone needs to go. Whaley, Russ, and Rex. Im tired of half-assing it with the head coaches. We need to hold those people who hire the HC accountable. Any person with any involvement in actual football operations needs to go. Napalm it.

Nice summary of misery. One minor quibble on (9) - Bell. That wasn't really the kind of game Shady is capable of. Oh, he's more than capable of breaking big runs and maybe even hitting 200 rushing, or 200 combined rushing + receiving. But as far as just handing the game over to him, play after play, first down after first down ... no. Shady is more CJ Spiller 2012 than Bell 2016 -- an electric player who might just break off a huge play at any time, but also a guy who'll make negative yards multiple times per game. Shady is a very valuable running back, but he's not nearly as valuable as Bell.

CJ was not electric. Every time he attempted to run outside it was like getting electrocuted.