If Garoppolo is available for trade, would ya and for what?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If NE believes J.G. is a starter , showcase him the first 4 games next season . If he is good trade him then.

I would think only the Browns would give the first pick in 2nd rd right now.

WEAKNESSES Is a tad undersized with small hands and short arms

Edited by ALF

So much respect to weight training in your 40's, but it isn't going to translate to Tom's career. Especially since a guy like Tom isn't basing his play on power lifting, its the explosiveness he can create with his motion that creates arm strength, which again has more to do with his tendons than power lifting.

Its just unrealistic to expect Tom to play at a high level well into his 40's. especially his mid 40's. Anything is possible, but if you are the Pats are you going to trade away his current heir replacement on the very low odds he does what has not really been done before? I wouldn't.

I believe you are correct. Back wen Nolan Ryan was nearing the end of his career I remember reading an article on how freakish he was. In order to throw at the velocity he did, the tendons in his arm had to be flexible. Typically players his age would have lost elasticity and therefore would have lost velocity. This did not happen to him, or at least they did not stiffen as much as what is typical.

Brady probably falls into the same category.

If NE believes J.G. is a starter , showcase him the first 4 games next season . If he is good trade him then.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jimmy-garoppolo?id=2543801

how do they "showcase" him in the regular season? Do you mean preseason?

IMHO, he is worth a first round pick. I would trade our first round pick for him in a minute. I know my opinion is in the minority. However, look at the college prospects vs. Garapolo, Garapolo is hands down a better opportunity to be successful. Who knows what next years QB draft will look like? I like what I saw In Garapolo. Granted it wasn't much and it was under the NE system. Don't beat me up too bad.

IMHO, he is worth a first round pick. I would trade our first round pick for him in a minute. I know my opinion is in the minority. However, look at the college prospects vs. Garapolo, Garapolo is hands down a better opportunity to be successful. Who knows what next years QB draft will look like? I like what I saw In Garapolo. Granted it wasn't much and it was under the NE system. Don't beat me up too bad.

I tend to agree with you. Being in division really complicates things in regards to a trade, but looking at the other QB talent in the draft, I don't know that giving up #10 for Jimmy + the Pats 3rd or the Browns 4th (from the Collins trade) is that outlandish (or even the Pats 2nd because they aren't getting a pick as high as #10 from anyone else), I would rather have Jimmy than any of the draftable talent this year plus getting back the extra pick gives you another bite of the apple you won't get just taking Watson / Trub / Kizer. However, I do think the team dealing for Jimmy should have hired McDaniels, I know "system QB" is a knock on guys, but I tend to view every QB as a "system" guy, you aren't going to run the same offense for Brady as you do for Cam.

It may seem outlandish on it's surface, but Poppovich and Belichick are friends and Pop brought some revolutionary ideas to the NBA about resting guys. Considering how much football is a game of attrition, if you really want to preserve Brady having a "relief" pitcher you believe in may not be a bad idea. Let Jimmy play a little more early in the season or play some halves against Browns level competition, then ramp Brady up as the playoffs near. There's certainly not much heat coming from the rest of the division onto their standing.