I hate to be that guy

But if they somehow figure out a way to beat the Steelers (I know, I don't think they will either), their path to the playoffs is actually pretty favorable- especially after the Jets' performance last night. I know, I know, they're a bunch of bums, Tyrod Taylor sucks, Rex needs to go, we're in the same spot we're always in at this point in the season, etc., etc. Just saying, on paper, they figure out a way to beat the Steelers, going 10-6 is well within their means and after spending some time looking at it yesterday, 10-6 MUCH more than likely gets them in. Key game will be New England beating Denver for us. That happens and I'd put it at 90%. Now crucify me.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the fanbase wants Buffalo in the playoffs the question is do the players? Looking at the Raider game, we could not stop them and it appeared to me we somewhat gave up on D (not everyone mind you) but once again I saw alot of looking around in the D secondary as if they did not know where they were suppose to be . I am not sure the players are bought into getting into the playoffs and wondering if they are just going through the motions.

The most plausible scenario would be the Bills winning 4 straight to go 10-6 while Denver loses 3 of 4 (Oak, KC, NE) and the teams in-between lose a couple each. I too doubt the Bills will beat the Steelers absent some unexpected circumstances. And I can't see everything going our way all of a sudden.

But one week at a time here, right?

The most plausible scenario would be the Bills winning 4 straight to go 10-6 while Denver loses 3 of 4 (Oak, KC, NE) and the teams in-between lose a couple each. I too doubt the Bills will beat the Steelers absent some unexpected circumstances. And I can't see everything going our way all of a sudden.

But one week at a time here, right?

Thats the thing- the Broncos can even go 2-2 and we'd have the tiebreaker over them if they lost to the Patriots. Look at their schedule, there's no way they're going 3-1. I'm telling you, if the Bills go 10-6, they'd almost definitely be in. This game this week is still big!

But if they somehow figure out a way to beat the Steelers (I know, I don't think they will either), their path to the playoffs is actually pretty favorable- especially after the Jets' performance last night. I know, I know, they're a bunch of bums, Tyrod Taylor sucks, Rex needs to go, we're in the same spot we're always in at this point in the season, etc., etc. Just saying, on paper, they figure out a way to beat the Steelers, going 10-6 is well within their means and after spending some time looking at it yesterday, 10-6 MUCH more than likely gets them in. Key game will be New England beating Denver for us. That happens and I'd put it at 90%. Now crucify me.

Dude dont worry about being that guy. Im right there with you. Go Bills!

Thats the thing- the Broncos can even go 2-2 and we'd have the tiebreaker over them if they lost to the Patriots. Look at their schedule, there's no way they're going 3-1. I'm telling you, if the Bills go 10-6, they'd almost definitely be in. This game this week is still big!

it is huge (much moreso than the Raiders game if you had to win only one). Glad it's at home.

Agreed Metz. While last weeks loss was a heartbreaker considering how bad tyrod did played in the 2nd half and how our defense couldn't make any stops with a 15 pt lead......we have 3 games at home and 1 on the road vs Bryce petty or Christian hackenberg. It can be done. I haven't given up hope

6-10 is much more likely.

It definitely isn't.

Agreed Metz. While last weeks loss was a heartbreaker considering how bad tyrod did played in the 2nd half and how our defense couldn't make any stops with a 15 pt lead......we have 3 games at home and 1 on the road vs Bryce petty or Christian hackenberg. It can be done. I haven't given up hope

All they need to do is beat Pittsburgh- in a game in which they are 2 point underdogs- and it's almost more than likely they make the playoffs.

I expect the Steelers and phins To be favored and the jets and browns to be dogs.

I said before the Raiders game that was the one game we could kind of afford to lose. If we win out it'll be us / Miami / Denver in a 3 way battle for spot #6. Miami vs Arizona looms as a very big game this week as Miami has the Jets then the Pats in week 17, who knows what NE will have at stake. Baltimore beating Miami was needed, given the tiebreaker scenarios, we need Baltimore to win the division with us having H2H over Pittsburgh.

One thing is for sure, lose this week and we are DOA.

Am I the only one who thinks Belichick will tank the Broncos game if he doesn't need it, just to spite us?

They need it, they can't afford to slip up with Oakland also at 10-2. Carr has played poorly in weather games, they would much rather the path go through Foxboro than potentially through Oakland.