I hate to be that guy

Now crucify me.

I don't think I've ever seen a more misleading thread title. You love thinking that you're that guy. You hold yourself on par with NFL coaches, GMs and scouts. We should bow down to you and thank our lucky stars every !@#$ing day because you lower yourself to talk with us regular people. Dolt.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "realists" do it because, given the way the Bills have been playing in recent years, they are right more often than they are wrong and that makes them feel good.

When the Bills start to win consistently again, their dire predictions will be correct far less often, and many of them will "flip" to superfans or just disappear.

You are completely wrong... at least in my case. Thanks for judging people though.

They have a miniscule chance to make the playoffs... with poor coaching, poor qb play, and a pile of injuries... as well as needing a handful of games to break their way... but i am supposed to buy in that the bills are somehow in a great position?

Beginning of the season, i thought we had an 8-8 team. Many local media members did too. Everyone who thought so was attacked. The result begins to come to fruition... the attacks start again.

I am as legit a fan as anyone else. Trust me, nothing "feels good" about watching my favorite team willingly spin its tires for 2 decades.

Edited by May Day 10

I am as legit a fan as anyone else. Trust me, nothing "feels good" about watching my favorite team willingly spin its tires for 2 decades.

Very frustrating to see people assume that because someone is critical they are less a fan, less true. Every week I want this team to win, I badly want it. I see the warts, unfortunately there are many and they afflict every level of the organization. There's nothing wrong with pointing out those warts.

Fella? Oh, so you're elderly. Sorry, nevermind, don't want to angry up your blood right before Matlock comes on.

Meanwhile the rest of us can continue to imagine scenarios as ridiculously unlikely as the Bills making the playoffs this year, which is the theme of this thread. I realize there's a lot to unpack there, maybe someone can help you with that.

Lets take a deep breath here. I don't think you understood my original point, which was simply that it is more likely than you think that the Bills make the playoffs. Unlikely? Yes. As unlikely as you suggested in your post? No. Not sure what has you so worked up.

Your right, but I think the Steelers beat us one way or another....

I think this one is an easy win for Pittsburgh.

I really think they beat us by 2 scores. They have a better offense than Oakland.

Taylor is becoming S*))*&^ by the week.

Devastating loss, coming back from the west coast. Playoff hopes all but crushed.

I also expect the stadium to be fairly empty.

You are completely wrong... at least in my case. Thanks for judging people though.

They have a miniscule chance to make the playoffs... with poor coaching, poor qb play, and a pile of injuries... as well as needing a handful of games to break their way... but i am supposed to buy in that the bills are somehow in a great position?

Beginning of the season, i thought we had an 8-8 team. Many local media members did too. Everyone who thought so was attacked. The result begins to come to fruition... the attacks start again.

This thread is a classic example of one side creating a straw man if there ever was one.

One side: Hey I don't think the Bills are going to beat the Steelers. I don't think the Bills are going to run the table. I don't think the Bills are going to make the playoffs. BUT if they could somehow manage a win on Sunday, they're actually in fairly decent shape to make a run.

The other side: How do you expect the Bills to beat the Steelers? I've been a Bills fan for X number of years and there's no way they make a run. The Bills ain't making any damn playoffs, you are dreaming, etc., etc.

These are the same people who will re-open this thread to tell me I was wrong if the Bills lose on Sunday even though I've said over and over I don't expect them to win on Sunday.

Reading comprehension, people.

This thread is a classic example of one side creating a straw man if there ever was one.

One side: Hey I don't think the Bills are going to beat the Steelers. I don't think the Bills are going to run the table. I don't think the Bills are going to make the playoffs. BUT if they could somehow manage a win on Sunday, they're actually in fairly decent shape to make a run.

The other side: How do you expect the Bills to beat the Steelers? I've been a Bills fan for X number of years and there's no way they make a run. The Bills ain't making any damn playoffs, you are dreaming, etc., etc.

These are the same people who will re-open this thread to tell me I was wrong if the Bills lose on Sunday even though I've said over and over I don't expect them to win on Sunday.

Always good stay positive! Althoughbwould you be scared IF they won on Sunday that they would lay an egg against Cleveland?

Lets take a deep breath here. I don't think you understood my original point, which was simply that it is more likely than you think that the Bills make the playoffs. Unlikely? Yes. As unlikely as you suggested in your post? No. Not sure what has you so worked up.

Sports fans sometimes use exaggeration as a marker for what we modern people sometimes refer to as "humor" or a tangentially related notion called "sarcasm". I'm sorry if I've upset your delicately nuanced view of how fans sometimes express frustrations at their favorite team, and encourage you to get back to your actuarial tables to help you decide if the bills are going to make the playoffs

No... I read through the thread just fine.

You bank on the Bills running the table the last 3 games. Miami and Jets are both toss-ups, and both teams fed the Bills their lunch this season. I don't agree that "no way" Denver, an 8-4 team and defending champion can go 3-1 or better the rest of the way. Someone brought up that a Pittsburgh win would raise the Bills' chances to 14% or something (I havent verified)... and principle of statistics were scoffed at.

The Bills are behind 4 teams in the wild card race, and are in a 3-way tie to make 7 teams vying for 2 spots. With an unfavorable tie-breaking outlook, I'm not too confident, even with a Pittsburgh win. This team is too inconsistent and has too many warts to count on the other wins.

Playoffs are still a remote possibility, but I am not feeling too optimistic. Even with a victory Sunday.

lol I was being a wise dumb ass.. I was just trying say that since they had a 15 point lead they should have been able to do at least 2-3 stops before they were gassed.

As for BB I think he plays win every game, even that 16-0 game in week 4. (That poor tablet never saw it coming lol)

As a neutered fan I say if the Bills pull off the upset and beat the Steelers Sunday they will finish 10-6... and worse it will turn Bills fans into Patriot fans for a few weeks. (Like this Sunday, Denver game and perhaps the Dolphins game. I figure that may make a lot of you all I'll.) lol

You are neither wise nor neutral and attempts to portray it is like me trying to portray myself as neutral on whether Biilicheat should be banned from NFL and Hall of Fame for cheating.

I think this one is an easy win for Pittsburgh.

I really think they beat us by 2 scores. They have a better offense than Oakland.

Taylor is becoming S*))*&^ by the week.

Devastating loss, coming back from the west coast. Playoff hopes all but crushed.

I also expect the stadium to be fairly empty.

Yup. I expect this to be one of those games where the bills just look bored and boring. I suspect Pitt will get up by a couple scores then slow it down because the Bills half hearted effort, no reason for anyone to get worn out or injured, let's all just make it safely back to the locker room

You are neither wise nor neutral and attempts to portray it is like me trying to portray myself as neutral on whether Biilicheat should be banned from NFL and Hall of Fame for cheating.

Lmao that was a classic auto correct. Also what did I say that was wrong? Based on the original post, if the Bills win out you NEED help to get in and that is (by the OP post) mostly by Pats winning. So again how was I biased?? (Since I am not neutral per you) Edited by PatsFanNH

No... I read through the thread just fine.

You bank on the Bills running the table the last 3 games. Miami and Jets are both toss-ups, and both teams fed the Bills their lunch this season. I don't agree that "no way" Denver, an 8-4 team and defending champion can go 3-1 or better the rest of the way. Someone brought up that a Pittsburgh win would raise the Bills' chances to 14% or something (I havent verified)... and principle of statistics were scoffed at.

The Bills are behind 4 teams in the wild card race, and are in a 3-way tie to make 7 teams vying for 2 spots. With an unfavorable tie-breaking outlook, I'm not too confident, even with a Pittsburgh win. This team is too inconsistent and has too many warts to count on the other wins.

Playoffs are still a remote possibility, but I am not feeling too optimistic. Even with a victory Sunday.

OK we're not that far off then. Where we fundamentally disagree is that IF the Bills win on Sunday I will be incredibly optimistic and I can assure you that the rest of the board will be too. Mind you, the Broncos four remaining games are against Tennessee, New England, Kansas City and Oakland. And as far as percentages go, it's this simple: they have to win out. If they win out, I can ASSURE you that they would most likely make the playoffs. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Sports fans sometimes use exaggeration as a marker for what we modern people sometimes refer to as "humor" or a tangentially related notion called "sarcasm". I'm sorry if I've upset your delicately nuanced view of how fans sometimes express frustrations at their favorite team, and encourage you to get back to your actuarial tables to help you decide if the bills are going to make the playoffs

That wasn't supposed to be funny. People with limited intellect use hyperbole to make shallow points.