Are we worse then Cleveland and or Detroit?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol me neither. Worse than 0-12 team? Wtf

Worse than a playoff team with MVP at the helm? Um yes

Well you can argue Cleveland has a plan for the future and is enacting it fairly successfully.

We are doing the same old thing which will lead to the same old results.

In that sense, perhaps Cleveland is better than us.

Depends on your expectations. Like being able to see a Bills playoff game again before we are all dead.

Well you can argue Cleveland has a plan for the future and is enacting it fairly successfully.

We are doing the same old thing which will lead to the same old results.

In that sense, perhaps Cleveland is better than us.

Depends on your expectations. Like being able to see a Bills playoff game again before we are all dead.

i see nothing yet that the "plan" Cleveland is using will lead to success. Perhaps it will ... but no evidence to this point. So can only go on what I know today. Even the biggest Browns homers don't have any idea whether Moneyball, inc will work. If this was a Suck for Luck situation I'd be more inclined to be optimistic about the Browns, but it isn't close. Edited by YoloinOhio

my guess is you won't be laughing WEO when they have a MASS influx of young talent on that squad next season.

they have this every season. It's the called the draft pick olympics - gold medals line Berea.

They just traded for soon to be FA Jamie Collins and he looks like he wants to kill himself every week. Not even trying. Good luck signing him. Light another draft pick on fire.

Edited by YoloinOhio

not worse than Cleveland, probably equal with Detroit although they have more ups and downs.

We on the other hand ARE THE ALL TIME WORLD CHAMPS OF BEING AVERAGE!! Who else has been around the 8 - 8 mark as much as us.

Yeah. The Bills aren't bad. We just aren't good.

We showed flashes in the Seahawk and Raider games. But like most mediocre teams, we tend to beat bad teams and lose to good teams.

It's not about heart or character. The Bills try hard enough. They just aren't good enough.

Edited by hondo in seattle

you could say that like their plan or not Cleveland has a plan. They wanted quantity of picks last year and this year. They planned to tank this season for quality of picks. Can we say Buffalo has a plan? I see a few meaningless late season victories ahead of us this season (which history has shown translates into nothing for the next season) Meaningless victories that will limit us from getting top talent in each draft round.

Granted both teams are in need of a QB but Cleveland is in a better draft position to get 1.

I still can not believe that in December we are "in the Hunt" yet again and yet very few fans would even consider this a playoff team. I want to know that the Bills have a plan!! I am not confidant they do.

That is the Bills issue as bad as this team has been we have not had many high draft picks Dareus at #3 we continue to win late season meaningless games and finish drafting in the "teens"

Finding the right QB has nothing to do with "draft position" especially in a weak QB class like the one coming up. PLENTY of teams could've taken Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and were in the "right draft position" to draft any of these guys but they didn't.

The Bills need to find a coach first of all and take it from there. We have all the pieces in place to make it a desirable job. Someone that knows how to coach up a QB and will leave the defense alone. I would've loved Gase but since he's obviously unavailable, I wouldn't mind Kyle Shanahan or Bevell.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Detroit had the Cowboys on the ropes in the playoffs 2 years ago before the officials stepped in to make sure the league got the Cowboys-Packers ratings gold. Last year the Lions had a brutal schedule (started 1-8 with losses to 6 playoff teams) before they finished the year 6-2. Since they drafted Stafford - Johnson - Suh they've been much better than us.

We aren't Browns level bad. No one is Browns level bad.

We have been what we have been over the last few years, a 8-8 type team who is good enough to steal a game against anyone in the league but also bad enough to lose to anyone. The only consistent thing is the inconsistency, though more often than not we lose the games we should lose and win the games we should win.

two years into new ownership and we have been 9-7, 8-8 and ?-? and things are no different? Are you high?

Hooray! we're mediocre AGAIN.

Let's put up a chart of the Bills record since 2000:

2000: 8-8

2001: 3-13

2002: 8-8

2003: 6-10

2004: 9-7

2005: 5-11

2006: 7-9

2007: 7-9

2008: 7-9

2009: 6-10

2010: 4-12

2011:6-10

2012: 6-10

2013: 6-10

2014: 9-7

2015: 8-8

This year: 6-6

Show me the improvement Cardinal Scotts. I'll wait.

In terms of playoff berths, we are the worst. But the problem is we never hit rock bottom like those teams do. We always stay average to slightly below average. We do some things pretty well but we rarely get a shot at franchise changers at the top of the draft.

But I'm sure another year of Rex will totally get us away from mediocrity.

my guess is you won't be laughing WEO when they have a MASS influx of young talent on that squad next season.

Just like all the other years when they were drafting at the top of the draft??

They can have all 32 picks in the first round and still wind up just as bad as they have been if they don't get the right guys and build a good team. So far they haven't shown they can do that

Detroit has a top 5 QB in the NFL right now

They are legit. They are no longer a mediocre team. The Bills are and will be for the next few years because we hired a coach that set us back

;ollol

They say that every year

by the only measure that matters....playoffs.....we are the worst over the last 18 years with the longest active drought.

Bills(17), Cleveland(14), Detroit (2).

if you are looking towards the future, you could make a reasonable argument that the bills will get to the playoffs before the browns.

Playoffs isn't the only measure that matters.

Some teams make the playoffs with losing records like the Seahawks in 2010 and Carolina a few years ago. So you're saying those teams who lost more than they won are better than the teams with 10 wins that didn't get in because of their tougher divisions? Nah. Just because everyone else in your division sucks doesn't make you a good team.

The measures that matter are wins and losses, points for and against, performance against common opponents etc.