It's the Defense!!!

gjv001

THIS!

The Bills defense played great in the first half in holding that vaunted Raiders offense to 3 FG's and then fell apart in the second half with that no pass rush on the QB defense.

As soon as the Raiders saw that the Bills had stopped running and were going to throw more they let Khalil Mack run right through the Bills turnstile at RT.

Keep making excuses it's ok

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that Tyrod Taylor is not the type of QB that will bring a team back with his arm. However, he can manage a game, is careful with the ball, and can score points. He would be a good QB for a team with a strong defense. I could see a strong case made, that the perfect team for Tyrod Taylor to thrive and be highly successful, year in year out, is Denver. From my perspective,our Defense, or lack there of, is the Bill's number one problem. I don't know if it's the lack of quality defensive players or the scheme that they play. However it's obvious they cannot stop the run or the pass.

So would he be better than say the current QB in Denver?

I fully agree that the QB is not good enough. We need to move on. That said, the defense got shredded in the second half. I think they only stopped Oakland from scoring once. That's not good enough for what is supposed to be a great defense.

Exactly it right here. Yes we know Tyrod sucked and was a factor in the loss. But at the end of the day the bills defence let up 4 touchdowns in 5 drives! I don't care how good the Oakland offence is, That is an embarrassing fact. Just like going 3 and out 3 times in a row is an embarrassing fact as well

I fully agree that the QB is not good enough. We need to move on. That said, the defense got shredded in the second half. I think they only stopped Oakland from scoring once. That's not good enough for what is supposed to be a great defense.

I won't argue that. But let's even eliminate fatigue as an obvious explanation. Let's also eliminate the undeniable dearth of talent we have in the secondary right now. Let's also eliminate the fact that Oakland is !@#$ing good.

Even if none of these things were a factor:

If the offense sustains two drives. TWO. They dont' even need to score points, if they sustain TWO drives, Oakland has a much harder time flipping the game the way they did.

This team is flat out not good enough. I've been a supporter, and I continue to believe that you give them a chance to succeed. The chance has come and gone IMO.

Tyrod has missed too many receivers, and you can't win that way.

The defense can't slow down a good QB enough to win 3rd down, win the red zone, protect leads or come up with big stops after the offense scores and maintain momentum.

The kicking game lets us down when we need it.

The medical staff, for whatever reason, can't seem to get it done.

And, most of all the coaching staff, can't get it done.

I also question whether our President doesn't have too much say in how the organization is run.

Edited by The Thurmanator

I agree the team was bad both the sides of the ball in the second half!

Some Bills fans can't stop with the Rex Ryan bromance and others can't stop the hate for the QB.

we are only a QB, WR, RT, NT, CB & S away from contending.

and good coaching staff!

I agree the team was bad both the sides of the ball in the second half!

Some Bills fans can't stop with the Rex Ryan bromance and others can't stop the hate for the QB.

and good coaching staff!

And some can't stop with this brainless inference. Acknowledging two very very obvious things--that the defense has lousy talent in the secondary and the offense leaves the defense out to dry by stringing together short drives--does not praise of the HC make.

Edited by The Big Cat

Stay the course with hate the QB crusade...it really is getting old!

The Bills coaches screwed this game in the second half on both offense and defense.

Obvious the QB is the major issue with this team. Sorry you can't see that, but keep CoT going and and keep looking the fool.

The Bills coaches screwed this game in the second half on both offense and defense.

So you are happy with the way the QB has played?

I am not excusing the Defense they played bad and the Defensive Guru is a bad coach. but at the same time I am not going to throw them under the bus to defend poor QB play. See how that works.

The Chiefs entered yesterday with the 28th ranked defense and gave up 32 first downs and 418 yards to Atlanta. Yet they are 9-3 and cruising into the playoffs. 'Splain that to me ?!?!?

Why does the Bills defense have to play top-5 caliber in order to win, with an offense that averages 25 pts per game ?!?

Edited by zow2

led the offense to almost 400 yards. pretty darn good. 215 yards rushing.

BS. 18 of 35 for 191 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT. 1 fumble, lost. 3 rushes for 30 yards and 1 TD. That's Tyrod's stat line. I'm not sure the Bills will find better next season, but they damn well need to be looking because that kind of performance isn't close to good enough. Edited by BarleyNY

Nonsense. The offense was playing with a lead too. All they had to do was sustain a drive or two to keep it. That's how you beat teams like the Raiders...when you dn't have a quarterback. It's how we built the lead in the first place.

I can't honestly fathom why people thought that shutting out the Raiders offense...in the second half specifically...was ever feasible. If you thought that, you don't pay a lick of attention to what's going on in the league right now. And if that's the case, just sit back and listen to the growing majority of Bills fans screaming at you: IT'S THE QUARTERBACK.

No surprise there.

You see, the D didn't have to "shut out the Raiders in the final 20 min of the game. All they were asked to do was protect a 3 score lead.

Given the situation at QB, did you think the Bills would win a shootout with the Raiders?

The offense did NOTHING right in the 4th quarter.

Had they put together a 7-8 minute drive we likely would have won. But they didn't. They couldn't get a first down even. The QB FAILED at his duty in the clutch.