It's the Defense!!!

gjv001

Buffalo is the only team I can remember that threw away all their momentum by messing around with WILDCAT! Tyrod blows a play then makes a play, usually with his legs. How the heck are going to go wildcat, wildcat, 3 and 4 run a quick out to Sammy? Tyrod misses that pass often, the receiver is moving!!! That play calling should lead to changes that was down right terrible.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Move the Ball. Sustain a drive Franchise. Ooo wait NvM it's ok

HOW WAS TYROD not Shady and TD Mike

He had like 26 yards passing from 1st Qtr to the point they were down 2 TD's with 7 minutes left in the game then used about 4 minutes dinking and dunking only to turn it over. This Teams Hurry up is embarassing to watch.

How was Tyrods performance against a very bad Oakland Raider defense again?

not good enough.

his #1 wr is playing with a broken foot not getting separation. his #1 TE stayed home. the rest of his WR's are #4's & #5's, his RT can't protect him. his defense gave him zero extra possesions.

i'm all for upgrading the QB, but that's easier said than done.

heard a stat yesterday, the steelers are 7-1 when they score 24 points.

tough to win when your defense gives up 38.

Here I will help

2nd half (Mostly Garbage time for the yards)

89 yards 1 INT 1 Fumble lost.

You and others keep leaving out the only stat that matters---the Bills were up 25-9 with 5 min left in the 3rd Q.

This D blows.

Nope. Can't blame the defense for getting gassed and run over when TT went 3 and out and then an INT on the next in the second half. Yes, the D needs to make stops, but what is the limit or breaking point when they keep trotting back out on the field after successive 3 and outs to get run over?

They allowed touchdowns on three consecutive drives. No excuse. That's not the offense or the QB's fault. They had a 24-9 lead and pissed it away. TT played his usual game, but if you think he is ever going to lead them from behind to a win, you will be waiting a long time. It's just not in him. That defense needed to protect the lead and they failed miserably. It's completely on the coaches for ruining what used to be a pretty good D.

8 yards total offense in the 3 drives when. The Offense needed to help keep the Raiders onslaught from happening.

0-6 and a pick the result.

blame the defense all you want but where is the offense getting a drive when needed?

It's easy to see that the Raiders changed up what they were doing on defense to stop the Bills offense and Buffalo attempted to do the same and it backfired on them.

The Bills are a run-first offense and that #30 ranked Raider defense simply stuff the run game and force the QB to throw! 1st and 10 started with a direct snap to Shady and he got 6 yards and he was injured on the play! next play was a run to Gillislee for NO GAIN. 3rd down pass incomplete, PUNT!

Raiders face a 3 man Bills pass rush AKA prevent defense and score a TD!

Bills, 1st and 10 Tyrod incomplete pass to Watkins, 2nd down run by McCoy NO GAIN! 3rd down, PENALTY on Glenn for a false start! 3rd and 15 incomplete pass to Watkins, PUNT!

Raiders, TD!

Bills, 1st and 10, McCoy run for 2 yards. 2nd and 8 Taylor incomplete pass to Christian.3rd and 8, incomplete pass to O'Leary.

Raiders, TD!

Now, does it make no sense to anyone else that the Buffalo Bills basically stop attempting to move the ball on the ground by any means necessary over asking Tayor to make the long first downs on 3rd down with his arm? Tyrod Taylor isn't a conventional pocket QB and yet suddenly the Bills are forcing him to make plays with his arm over his legs.

To me, this loss falls on the coaching staff for going into a defensive shell with the 3 man pass rush while the offense went into their shell in attempting to have Tyrod Taylor carry the game with his arm.

Total team loss. It is not fair for people to blame this loss only on tyrod though. The offence went 3 and out 3 times in a row, the defence let 4 touchdowns in 5 drives, and the special teams were equally as poor as both units. Oh and can't forget coaching as well. All 4 units led to the meltdown

Edited by billsfan11

not good enough.

his #1 wr is playing with a broken foot not getting separation. his #1 TE stayed home. the rest of his WR's are #4's & #5's, his RT can't protect him. his defense gave him zero extra possesions.

i'm all for upgrading the QB, but that's easier said than done.

heard a stat yesterday, the steelers are 7-1 when they score 24 points.

tough to win when your defense gives up 38.

THIS!

The Bills defense played great in the first half in holding that vaunted Raiders offense to 3 FG's and then fell apart in the second half with that no pass rush on the QB defense.

As soon as the Raiders saw that the Bills had stopped running and were going to throw more they let Khalil Mack run right through the Bills turnstile at RT.

Total team loss. It is not fair for people to blame this loss only on tyrod though. The offence went 3 and out 3 times in a row, the defence let 4 touchdowns in 5 drives, and the special teams were equally as poor as both units. Oh and can't forget coaching as well. All 4 units led to the meltdown

I'm sorry but this thinking is tantamount to ordering a diet coke with a super sized big mac.

Here I will help

2nd half (Mostly Garbage time for the yards)

89 yards 1 INT 1 Fumble lost.

A single 3 and out only equals an opposing TD if your defense blows. TT sucks but so does the defense.

29 unanswered points - I think there's plenty of blame to go around - enough for the O and D to share.

About the only guy I don't fault is Shady.

Last night, it was systemic failures in all three phases. Over the course of the season, it's typically been a failure on O or D, if not both.

The lack of consistency is a coaching issue for me. I think that typically guys like Shady, Sammy, Kyle, Marcell are talented enough to transcend coaching but that's not the making of a sustainable team.

It's both. The offense handed the defense a 15 points lead and the defense could not hold on to the lead. But, Tyrod also played like absolute garbage. Terrible accuracy, poor decision making, bad reads, bad throws, ETC. Tyrod has shown that he is not a suitable solution at QB. If Tyrod had been able to lead the offense to a few first downs and, god forbid, complete some passes and maybe answer Oakland's offense in the second half, maybe the defense could've stiffened and held on.

Bottom line to me is that we need a new QB. We cannot afford to pay Tyrod the money in his new contract while letting valuable pieces of the defense leave in order to pay Tyrod.

This.

The franchise is a mediocre mess.

Until you bring somebody in here who knows how to build a team we will continue to sulk in mediocrity.

Your ridiculous.

The team as a whole blew. Offense couldn't stay on the field and the defense couldn't get off the field. Oh and our punter blew.

There's a select few of you that need to pull your heads out of the sand and acknowledge that many, many people are saying the same thing, and have been for a long time now. Framing the argument as if it's coming from me and from me alone, as if I'm some naked idiot shouting into the rain is--mostly--inaccurate.

Edited by The Big Cat

It's both. The offense handed the defense a 15 points lead and the defense could not hold on to the lead. But, Tyrod also played like absolute garbage. Terrible accuracy, poor decision making, bad reads, bad throws, ETC. Tyrod has shown that he is not a suitable solution at QB. If Tyrod had been able to lead the offense to a few first downs and, god forbid, complete some passes and maybe answer Oakland's offense in the second half, maybe the defense could've stiffened and held on.

Bottom line to me is that we need a new QB. We cannot afford to pay Tyrod the money in his new contract while letting valuable pieces of the defense leave in order to pay Tyrod.

Nonsense. The offense was playing with a lead too. All they had to do was sustain a drive or two to keep it. That's how you beat teams like the Raiders...when you dn't have a quarterback. It's how we built the lead in the first place.

I can't honestly fathom why people thought that shutting out the Raiders offense...in the second half specifically...was ever feasible. If you thought that, you don't pay a lick of attention to what's going on in the league right now. And if that's the case, just sit back and listen to the growing majority of Bills fans screaming at you: IT'S THE QUARTERBACK.

Nonsense. The offense was playing with a lead too. All they had to do was sustain a drive or two to keep it. That's how you beat teams like the Raiders...when you dn't have a quarterback. It's how we built the lead in the first place.

I can't honestly fathom why people thought that shutting out the Raiders offense...in the second half specifically...was ever feasible. If you thought that, you don't pay a lick of attention to what's going on in the league right now. And if that's the case, just sit back and listen to the growing majority of Bills fans screaming at you: IT'S THE QUARTERBACK.

I fully agree that the QB is not good enough. We need to move on. That said, the defense got shredded in the second half. I think they only stopped Oakland from scoring once. That's not good enough for what is supposed to be a great defense.