It's the Defense!!!

gjv001

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that Tyrod Taylor is not the type of QB that will bring a team back with his arm. However, he can manage a game, is careful with the ball, and can score points. He would be a good QB for a team with a strong defense. I could see a strong case made, that the perfect team for Tyrod Taylor to thrive and be highly successful, year in year out, is Denver. From my perspective,our Defense, or lack there of, is the Bill's number one problem. I don't know if it's the lack of quality defensive players or the scheme that they play. However it's obvious 25they cannot stop the run or the pass.

TT started 9-10 and then went 8-25 the rest of the game. He was completely off target hesitated to run when he should have and ran when he should not have. Im rooting for TT to be successful but don't go there.

It is the defense....

In this scheme, the secondary either becomes stars or it doesn't work. Unfortunately, corner and safety play has been bad all year. All secondary positions need to be improved to continue to want to play this scheme.

When Rex had Revis and Cromartie, he went to the AFC Championship with Sanchez. The Ravens had Ed Reed and Chris McAlister when they won the superbowl with Trent Dilfer. The Bills don't have those kind of players today.

Niether did Trent Dilfer, Neither did Mark Sanchez. I'd take TT in Heartbeat over those two.

This team wasn't built with a blueprint that demands elite QB play. The offense produced 24 points. That's supposed to be enough to win with the D.

This isn't the circa 2000 NFL that Trent Dilfer played in and comparing Tyrod to either one of them sets the bar pretty low. With regard to the offense scoring 24 points, it's not enough against a team like Oakland when then have been held under 27 only twice all season long and especially so since their defense can be taken advantage of. Beyond that the 24 points scored were primarily attributable to the strength of the Bills' run game prowess as opposed to the play of Tyrod as the QB.

It is the defense....

In this scheme, the secondary either becomes stars or it doesn't work. Unfortunately, corner and safety play has been bad all year. All secondary positions need to be improved to continue to want to play this scheme.

When Rex had Revis and Cromartie, he went to the AFC Championship with Sanchez. The Ravens had Ed Reed and Chris McAlister when they won the superbowl with Trent Dilfer. The Bills don't have those kind of players today.

without Arron Williams the Bills have the worst safety play in the league. It is painful my goodness during the Jacksonville game meeks actually ran behind the receiver instead on in front of him in the freaking end zone .

we lost this game in just over 15 minutes of play.

This is a team loss.

Take it apart anyway you want

Mind ain't right here Boss! Don't know how to win against a team who does know how to win

But yep, defense needed to step up.

And Defensive Coaching should have played pedal to the metal all game.

Same Hindsight for the 4th time this year

without Arron Williams the Bills have the worst safety play in the league. It is painful my goodness during the Jacksonville game meeks actually ran behind the receiver instead on in front of him in the freaking end zone .

Thanks gosh bIlls brought in Reed.

How the heck can one player make that much difference? especially when he was likely to have an injury issue.

I am loathe to turn on our Coaching staff, but I am.

Lynn for HC please

it absolutely is the D and you guys are crazy to think otherwise. Our O was great when we threw quick passes and ran the ball. You are going to have 3 and outs that is a fact of life. You can't blame Tyrod for Jordan Mills sucking ass or having him block Mack 1v1. We have no WRs who can get open in 1v1 coverage. Aaron Rodgers couldn't make some of the plays you are complaining about.

The only thing that made our D look good in the 1st half was the Raiders dropping balls, including two TDs. And luckily the Raiders ran out of clock at the end of the half, that kept them at 3 instead of 7. They still moved 60 yards in 30 seconds to get in FG range though.

Seriously, The Raiders stopped themselves in the 1st half and didnt in the 2nd half. They easily could have had 21+ points in the 1st half just by catching 4-5 easy catchs.

Edited by peterpan

Actually the most comical thing is the excuses still being made for Tyrod.

Still on the Tyrod crusade I see. Hey, old school, how old are you? Are cataracts blinding you to the other aspects of the game besides the QB position?

AFAIK Tyrod wasn't the one to decide to go with a 3 man pass rush while playing in a prevent type defense that the world knows won't stop anyone. It is designed to stop the quick big play and not as a resort to use for a quarter and a half. Particularly when the Raiders offense goes 75 yards in 9 plays in 3:44. The Bills DC should have opted for something else to slow down that offense...like going back to what worked in the first half of the game.

What freaking idiot called for a pass play with the Bills offense at their own 4-yard line so the QB takes the shotgun snap in his own endzone? This with a turnstile at RT attempting to block a premier rushing LBer in Khalil Mack! Here is a maverick idea, have the run first team actually run the ball from that point on the field like 99% of the other NFL teams do to give the QB some breathing room. (Lynn for HC of some other team)

Those 38 points the Raiders scored are the most they have scored on any defense all season.

"Carucci noted that Ryan looked "absolutely dumbfounded" during his postgame press conference, still stunned by a defense that gave up 29 unanswered points over the final 19 minutes of play." http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000751772/article/buffalo-bills-in-shock-after-collapse-in-oakland

I remember that look as we all saw it when Ryan was on the sidelines at the end of two blowout losses to the Buffalo Bills in 2014. The 2016 Bills defense is looking decent stat wise because they have beaten only losing QB's and have yet to beat a team with a QB with a winning record.

However, I still contend that it was an entire team effort in losing this game as the offense, defense, special teams all stunk it up at the end of the game.

This isn't the circa 2000 NFL that Trent Dilfer played in and comparing Tyrod to either one of them sets the bar pretty low. With regard to the offense scoring 24 points, it's not enough against a team like Oakland when then have been held under 27 only twice all season long and especially so since their defense can be taken advantage of. Beyond that the 24 points scored were primarily attributable to the strength of the Bills' run game prowess as opposed to the play of Tyrod as the QB.

I don't dispute what you say. In fact your assertions contribute to my position. This is Rex Ryan football. Take it in. Ever wonder how a career loser gets identified as a defensive genius??? It's because teams never had to produce tons of points to beat his arese but at least yards against looks good.

This is what the organization has signed up for.

This is what the fans are to expect, and yes... both the pass rush, secondary and linebacking corp just don't have the studs they need for it to work.

This is the result. Folks need to stop pinning this on TT. He is for the most part exactly what they want him to be and arguably has exceeded what we ever could have hoped for from him. A middling qb that can occasionally make 5-10 major league throws per game and do some magic with his legs.

He's never going to take the team on his back and throw them out of a bad matchup or win you a shootout.

TT and the defense in this game were mutually exclusive failures. The three and outs did not put a tired defense back on the field. Oakland scored very quickly and it had nothing to do with being gassed. The defense lost this game. 29 straight points. If that is the QB's fault, then how does the rest of the offense not get the same blame? The defense can not force a FG after a turnover? How about a single turnover forced by the defense? At this moment I can not recall the last turnover the defense forced.

Ok, MAJ you win, TT was awful in this game in the second half. He missed a wide open Watkins early when he didn't look his way and missed him late on a horrible throw. He doesn't look like he is getting any better. A. Lynn seems to be calling plays as best he can with this offense.

I'm ok with blowing it all up. But it can't be just TT. Rex has to go and this horrible defense. He has completely ruined the defense. Now we are stuck with a fat and slow first round pick and a slow second round pick coming off knee surgery with no player on the roster capable of playing even below average at the safety position.

These Bills just aren't that good.

When they lose, there isn't usually the same weakness exposed, because each game they are compensating for different mismatches, and each week the matchups are different.

One week it's the CB's, next it's the D-line, next it's the Oline, next it's the Safeties, then the WR's corp looks crap....on and on.

Once the Raiders figured out what was working, their superior talent took over.

They just aren't good enough to beat good teams consistently. Pointing fingers at one side of the ball instead of the other is too simplistic.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I think that Tyrod Taylor is not the type of QB that will bring a team back with his arm. However, he can manage a game, is careful with the ball, and can score points. He would be a good QB for a team with a strong defense. I could see a strong case made, that the perfect team for Tyrod Taylor to thrive and be highly successful, year in year out, is Denver. From my perspective,our Defense, or lack there of, is the Bill's number one problem. I don't know if it's the lack of quality defensive players or the scheme that they play. However it's obvious they cannot stop the run or the pass.

it is both, but I do think in the greater body of work, the Defense is more suspect than the Offense.

TT and the defense in this game were mutually exclusive failures. The three and outs did not put a tired defense back on the field. Oakland scored very quickly and it had nothing to do with being gassed. The defense lost this game. 29 straight points. If that is the QB's fault, then how does the rest of the offense not get the same blame? The defense can not force a FG after a turnover? How about a single turnover forced by the defense? At this moment I can not recall the last turnover the defense forced.

Ok, MAJ you win, TT was awful in this game in the second half. He missed a wide open Watkins early when he didn't look his way and missed him late on a horrible throw. He doesn't look like he is getting any better. A. Lynn seems to be calling plays as best he can with this offense.

I'm ok with blowing it all up. But it can't be just TT. Rex has to go and this horrible defense. He has completely ruined the defense. Now we are stuck with a fat and slow first round pick and a slow second round pick coming off knee surgery with no player on the roster capable of playing even below average at the safety position.

This!

Exactly. Let's introduce the phrase "Tyrod can manage the game" to an open window somewhere, shall we?

After yesterday, after Cincy, after Miami and Baltimore, what more evidence do you need?

He was managing the game as best he could--sitting on a 3 score lead to nearly the end of the 3rd Q.

Why is he the only "game manager" who has to account for his Defense not being able to finish out a game? Another late lead blown by the D (4TDs in 20 min??).

If your argument is that this D issue inept (against starting QBs, anyway) that TT is the wrong QB for this team, then I might agree. But at least you should come out and say this.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Where is the blitz? Absolute stupid three man rush. Prevent defense.

Loser defense, anyone watching knows blitz can be effective, when varied

Blitz, blitz, blitz Ryan, what is wrong with you

Taylor was not at fault, although not Brady, he still can be effective

Blitz, blitz, blitz Ryan

Where is the blitz? Absolute stupid three man rush. Prevent defense.

Loser defense, anyone watching knows blitz can be effective, when varied

Blitz, blitz, blitz Ryan, what is wrong with you

Taylor was not at fault, although not Brady, he still can be effective

Blitz, blitz, blitz Ryan

0-6 and a pick

Yeah he absolutely had fault