What the Raider Game should have shown everyone

MAJBobby

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lemme help you guys out... CAR-DALE JONES!.... CAR-DALE JONES!.... If you're there and shouting this every time Tyrod messes up, something is bound to change...

where's the 'like' button?

Meanwhile the Chiefs are laughing their way into the playoffs. Their defense scores almost as many points as the offense vs the Falcons. In Atlanta.

seriously: !@#$ the chiefs. all they same to do is stack enough meaningless regular season wins to keep the bilsl out of it so they can get their clocks cleaned in the first round of the playoffs.

!@#$

the chiefs

Here's a thought. The Bills have a mediocre offense led by a mediocre QB, a mediocre defense, and a below average head coach who talks a good game but really is a pretty clueless bastard. No one should be surprised by the results this year, no one, and trying to pin the blame on the offense or defense is just silly. It's hard to overcome an inadequate head coach, and the Bills simply don't have the talent to do that.

where's the 'like' button?

seriously: !@#$ the chiefs. all they same to do is stack enough meaningless regular season wins to keep the bilsl out of it so they can get their clocks cleaned in the first round of the playoffs.

!@#$

the chiefs

I will admit.......it's funny watching you lose your mind realizing that you were wrong about this D. It's finally setting in. :lol:

Here's a thought. The Bills have a mediocre offense led by a mediocre QB, a mediocre defense, and a below average head coach who talks a good game but really is a pretty clueless bastard. No one should be surprised by the results this year, no one, and trying to pin the blame on the offense or defense is just silly. It's hard to overcome an inadequate head coach, and the Bills simply don't have the talent to do that.

Except the offense scores points at an upper third level....and consistently puts up decent points.......and runs the ball better than anyone in the NFL. They aren't mediocre. That's what's been frustrating. You might be able to call the D mediocre because they get fat on a Jacoby Brissett but otherwise they are pretty much dogsh*t.

wrong how? what have i said about the defense that's been wrong?

this is a lame attempt at moving the discussion.

Sorry, let's get back to talking about how sh*tty the D has been. :lol:

Except the offense scores points at an upper third level....and consistently puts up decent points.......and runs the ball better than anyone in the NFL. They aren't mediocre. That's what's been frustrating. You might be able to call the D mediocre because they get fat on a Jacoby Brissett but otherwise they are pretty much dogsh*t.

Sorry, let's get back to talking about how sh*tty the D has been. :lol:

That's what I thought.

May be you should start another thread about how bad of a signing Shady was.

And, btw, the offense scores points. Then goes three and out for 3-5 consecutive drives.

This is virtually unprecedented. I guarntee you. And it's the latter that has more impact on outcomes. I've been saying for more than a year now and i twas more than apparent today. Anyone resistent to this truth is:

1. Stupid
  2. Has their own bias

That's what I thought.

May be you should start another thread about how bad of a signing Shady was.

And, btw, the offense scores points. Then goes three and out for 3-5 consecutive drives.

This is virtually unprecedented. I guarntee you. And it's the latter that has more impact on outcomes. I've been saying for more than a year now and i twas more than apparent today. Anyone resistent to this truth is:

1. Stupid
  2. Has their own bias

LOL McCoy was an entirely UNNECESSARY signing.......he was already under contract thru 2017. And it was a good contract. :doh::lol:

This year he's playing like he should be in this offense. MG meanwhile just keeps putting up similar numbers. It is what it is but I've been complimentary of Shady.

You just can't face the facts that this D is f*cked. A butterfly flaps its wings and this D falls apart. :lol:

LOL McCoy was an entirely UNNECESSARY signing.......he was already under contract thru 2017. And it was a good contract. :doh::lol:

This year he's playing like he should be in this offense. MG meanwhile just keeps putting up similar numbers. It is what it is but I've been complimentary of Shady.

You just can't face the facts that this D is f*cked. A butterfly flaps its wings and this D falls apart. :lol:

Man, if only there was some place that I was on record in the last 30 minutes as saying our safeties have been an abject failure for 25+ games.

That would be a tough thing to dig up, wouldn't it?

probably not

If the bills are smart they wont ruin him....he might actually have potential

Having rough starts don't ruin QB's... Having ZERO starts can...

Adversity either builds character, or exposes the complete lack thereof... Let's see what the kid's got.

We lost to a better team.

Sure we had a legitimate shot at the win but in the end we have this:

1. A QB that cannot find his receivers or accurately deliver the ball.

2. A defensive scheme that requires great cornerback and safety play for success in spite of the fact we have very live talent on the field at those positions.

3. A mediocre loudmouth as a head coach that does not coach or teach the fine details of the game.

Looking at the past 17 years .... it is easy to see we will not succeed until we get better people running the football operations.

Perfect summary, Bob. Obviously Rex needs to go...quickly. Hopefully Russ is back to selling box seats and no longer in operations at all. What are your thoughts on Whaley?

Man, if only there was some place that I was on record in the last 30 minutes as saying our safeties have been an abject failure for 25+ games.

That would be a tough thing to dig up, wouldn't it?

Be my guest.

They need help at safety but other teams survive injuries to their secondary that Rex D absolutely can't.

As I said.......the offense loses WR...OL...TE...RB.........and still consistently puts up points.

You can't have a D that's so difficult to stock.

They thought Blanton had the right amount of smarts to challenge for a job this year and turns out they misevaluated him.

I mean if you get a smart player in and he can't figure the f*cking D out.......it might be f*cked. :lol:

Be my guest.

They need help at safety but other teams survive injuries to their secondary that Rex D absolutely can't.

As I said.......the offense loses WR...OL...TE...RB.........and still consistently puts up points.

You can't have a D that's so difficult to stock.

They thought Blanton had the right amount of smarts to challenge for a job this year and turns out they misevaluated him.

I mean if you get a smart player in and he can't figure the f*cking D out.......it might be f*cked. :lol:

the defense has no equivalent of Shady, who you conveniently left out of your list of positions they've fared well without

the defense has no equivalent of Shady, who you conveniently left out of your list of positions they've fared well without

Your eyes must be getting bad then because it's there. This explains a lot. :lol:

But the Bills have done fine running the ball sans McCoy.......after he got injured in Washington last year they went on a freaking 10 quarter ground assault without him and won their last two games.

They probably win the Miami game if they sit McCoy and play Gillislee from the start.

Not sure how many carries guys like Karlos and MG had to put up before people realize that this offense can just flat out run the f*cking football. MG ran for 6 ypc and 2 TD today. All he does is rake and if fat Karlos had kept his sh*t together he'd be raking too.

But wait.......weren't you complaining about me trying to turn the conversation? :lol:

That the Run the Ball play defense is not a sustainable model for success. A couple breakdowns and boom you lose. (granted lesser extent in playoffs, gotta get there first)

Also that no matter how much you are losing if you have a good QB you are never out of the game. All the rules in the NFL have been skewed to help that QB.

That has to be the gameplan when you have a JV quarterback. They knew all along that the game can't be put on Tie Rod's shoulders to win. Edited by DirtDart

Spot on assessment. Problem is.....we have a coach and GM that disagree with your assessment. They believe you can sustain success with a run and stop the run model. And they are fools in their thinking. They will probably get another year to prove they are wrong and we are right, unfortunately, for Bills fans.

Yup. We landed a few punches but this Raiders team is elite. Our D might have gotten a little cocky thinking they were containing Carr.

I think they knew their gameplan/scheme was not working and that's why they folded when Carr finally put that first TD on them.

In the first half the Raiders had WIDE open receivers and the Bills weren't getting ANY pressure on Carr.......I doubt their luck in holding them to 9 points was lost on the defense.

Your eyes must be getting bad then because it's there. This explains a lot. :lol:

But the Bills have done fine running the ball sans McCoy.......after he got injured in Washington last year they went on a freaking 10 quarter ground assault without him and won their last two games.

They probably win the Miami game if they sit McCoy and play Gillislee from the start.

Not sure how many carries guys like Karlos and MG had to put up before people realize that this offense can just flat out run the f*cking football. MG ran for 6 ypc and 2 TD today. All he does is rake and if fat Karlos had kept his sh*t together he'd be raking too.

But wait.......weren't you complaining about me trying to turn the conversation? :lol:

as is often the case with your meandering tirades, we've now careened into the fantastical and downright nonsensical portion of whatever it is you were trying to say.

10 quarter ground assault to finish 2015? i guess you're including MG's blistering 28 yards on 24 carries in week 17, then?

stick to the truth, it makes keeping your story straight much easier. this moving target **** is getting old.

as is often the case with your meandering tirades, we've now careened into the fantastical and downright nonsensical portion of whatever it is you were trying to say.

10 quarter ground assault to finish 2015? i guess you're including MG's blistering 28 yards on 24 carries in week 17, then?

stick to the truth, it makes keeping your story straight much easier. this moving target **** is getting old.

Yeah they went off for about 6 ypc and a bushel of TD's in those last 10 quarters.....after Shady frickin stunk up the joint in Washington before he got hurt........INCLUDING the low production game MG had against the Jets top ranked run D where they loaded up the box to prevent being nickel and dimed like they had been in the Meadowlands earlier in the season. Karlos actually did ok in that game though. The "incompetent Tyrod" and Sammy took Revis apart with the Jets loading the box. In the prior meeting Sammy had like 1 catch for 13 yards.

It's laughable how many people cite the game Gillislee had against the Jets and the concussion game Karlos had against the Giants as proof that life doesn't go on without Shady. Celebrity worship on TSW. :lol:

Edited by #BADOL

Yeah they went off for about 6 ypc and a bushel of TD's in those last 10 quarters.....after Shady frickin stunk up the joint in Washington before he got hurt........INCLUDING the low production game MG had against the Jets top ranked run D where they loaded up the box to prevent being nickel and dimed like they had been in the Meadowlands earlier in the season. Karlos actually did ok in that game though. The "incompetent Tyrod" and Sammy took Revis apart with the Jets loading the box. In the prior meeting Sammy had like 1 catch for 13 yards.

It's laughable how many people cite the game Gillislee had against the Jets and the concussion game Karlos had against the Giants as proof that life doesn't go on without Shady. Celebrity worship on TSW. :lol:

You might be the last human on Earth that believes this offense would be fine without Shady. At least you have *that* going for you.

You might be the last human on Earth that believes this offense would be fine without Shady. At least you have *that* going for you.

You might not be the last person on Earth that this Rex's defense is viable and Tyrod is the one making it look bad, but the offensive coordinators of our opponents are not among your compatriots in that assessment.

24 points on the road is a reasonable goal for an NFL offense.

Gotta see the All-22 yet, but it seemed like we tried everything to crack that Raiders O-line and we just couldn't collapse the pocket until 4 seconds or so went by.

They tried overloading a side, stunts, delayed blitz, safety and corner blitz. That freakin O-line is seriously impressive.

We didn't lose because the Ryans forgot how to coach or Dennis Thurman didn't have the team prepared with a good game plan, we lost because we had a rookie corner in his first start, Mack forcing two turnovers, Sammy still rusty, TT with poor accuracy overall, and a lack of adequate pressure on Carr.

Strange because we have a really good front 7 that has rotational depth and solid nfl experience. This reminded me of the Jets game: wr's running free FAR too often.

You might not be the last person on Earth that this Rex's defense is viable and Tyrod is the one making it look bad, but the offensive coordinators of our opponents are not among your compatriots in that assessment.

I'm the only one saying these things? That's rich.

News to me that I think the defense is good enough, though. That's even richer.

Play calling was atrocious especially after running so well, why go to Tyrod when he obviously can't see open receivers.

Umm they did run. It got shutdown because Raiders figured out Taylor reverted to bad Taylor and could throw so they loaded the box.

Hell, some people don't believe this offense is fine when it's one of the better scoring D's in the league.

Shady is having a great year.

But while Shady makes moves that nobody else can make.........many of those remarkable runs occur after poor initial choices force him to do remarkable COD's to get out of them.

Meanwhile, anyone who can't see that Gillislee likewise makes plays that Shady simply doesn't at this point is blind.

Case in point......first drive.......Shady misses a gaping hole at the goal line and Bills have to settle for field goal.

MG goes on to score 2 TD's.

Shady has been much more disciplined this year than last but MG has had a better eye for daylight and more discipline as a runner from day one that he played here and there is usually a lot of it in this offense.

But this thread isn't to argue about whether a min wage RB with normal RB skills is as good as a $10M+ out-of-box type RB just because their numbers are similar. They are both having excellent years.

You are fast becoming the last defender of Rex and his scheme. It simply ain't working.

Hell, some people don't believe this offense is fine when it's one of the better scoring D's in the league.

Shady is having a great year.

But while Shady makes moves that nobody else can make.........many of those remarkable runs occur after poor initial choices force him to do remarkable COD's to get out of them.

Meanwhile, anyone who can't see that Gillislee likewise makes plays that Shady simply doesn't at this point is blind.

Case in point......first drive.......Shady misses a gaping hole at the goal line and Bills have to settle for field goal.

MG goes on to score 2 TD's.

Shady has been much more disciplined this year than last but MG has had a better eye for daylight and more discipline as a runner from day one that he played here and there is usually a lot of it in this offense.

But this thread isn't to argue about whether a min wage RB with normal RB skills is as good as a $10M+ out-of-box type RB just because their numbers are similar. They are both having excellent years.

You are fast becoming the last defender of Rex and his scheme. It simply ain't working.

May be you can link to a single post of me defending Rex's scheme. Just one.

24 points on the road is a reasonable goal for an NFL offense.

Gotta see the All-22 yet, but it seemed like we tried everything to crack that Raiders O-line and we just couldn't collapse the pocket until 4 seconds or so went by.

They tried overloading a side, stunts, delayed blitz, safety and corner blitz. That freakin O-line is seriously impressive.

We didn't lose because the Ryans forgot how to coach or Dennis Thurman didn't have the team prepared with a good game plan, we lost because we had a rookie corner in his first start, Mack forcing two turnovers, Sammy still rusty, TT with poor accuracy overall, and a lack of adequate pressure on Carr.

Strange because we have a really good front 7 that has rotational depth and solid nfl experience. This reminded me of the Jets game: wr's running free FAR too often.

Sammy may still be a little rusty, and not 100%. But Tyrod has zero chemistry with him. Well actually Tyrod has zero chemistry no matter who is out there not named McCoy.