Not too nice of an article on Tyrod Taylor

Tipster19

I liked when he showed flacco he was the man by passing for 111 yards and scoring 7 vs him.

I'm just messing with you. You seem like a good poster, TT's consistency is maddening though

Questionable D Is ranked #12th. Passing game #32nd.

He's got work to do. Lot of it.

Brutal game. Even after the Thurs night Jets recovery game, no doubt in my mind, cost Roman his job. TT also missed many open WR's in that game but Roman was the sacrificial lamb.

Bills have scored 25 + avg since that abortion.

TT is much higher than 32 on QBR - which does take into account running - which matters - like today. Bortles and TT.

I liked when he showed flacco he was the man by passing for 111 yards and scoring 7 vs him.

I'm just messing with you. You seem like a good poster, TT's consistency is maddening though

Questionable D Is ranked #12th. Passing game #32nd.

He's got work to do. Lot of it.

Thanks for saying I'm a good poster. Try not to drunk post. It's hard ..

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brutal game. Even after the Thurs night Jets recovery game, no doubt in my mind, cost Roman his job. TT also missed many open WR's in that game but Roman was the sacrificial lamb.

Bills have scored 25 + avg since that abortion.

TT is much higher than 32 on QBR - which does take into account running - which matters - like today. Bortles and TT.

Thanks for saying I'm a good poster. Try not to drunk post. It's hard ..

The QBR stat that over inflates running ability, That ESPN made up so they can say the Kaeps, Vicks and Tyrods of the world are good QBs.

What is TT passing QBR adjustment and then look at the Running QBR adjustment?

There is a TON of work to do with him he has the same issues he has had since college will never be a long term viable successful NFL QB

Not sure what 'awesome' means, but there have been a bunch of guys who have come out of college and quickly shown they are high end starter material: Wilson, Luck, Prescott, Carr, Cousins and maybe Mariota and Bridgewater.

To assume there is going to be any significant change in a player's game after 5 years as a backup and 2 as a starter is fantasy.

I could poke holes in every player you named.

After today I am getting annoyed with Taylor playing scared. Not sure where it is coming from. Could it be Taylor is being coached w a 'just don't lose the game' mentality?

Or is Taylor not capable?

That sums it just about up. Forgot that you automatically are an EJ fan too I guess

All of this is wrong....maybe certain people should not be so aggressive in their hate then labels wouldnt get thrown around.

If you dont think Tyrod is the greatest you are a hater, you have an agenda, or you simply dont know the game.

There is a difference between

"I dont like Tyrod because of this, this, and this.....we should continue to draft qbs"

and

"Tyrod suck"

Tyrod does NOT suck...if Tyrod sucks he would not have a winning record as a qb....the team would not have a winning record as a team.....etc

Is he Inconsistant? Yes

Is he missing open receivers? Maybe I dont know what his read are ont he field and neitehr does anyone else

Is he going throw his progressions? Impossible to know...he might be coached to make a certain amount of reads then take off?

Does he scramble into sacks? Yes...he also ESCAPES a lot of sacks and bad plays that a lot of other qbs do not

Tyrod DOES NOT suck.....he is a middle level starting qb

Keep drafting them.....and make sure C. Jones gets a chance in training camp next year and not a token chance.

I could poke holes in every player you named.

After today I am getting annoyed with Taylor playing scared. Not sure where it is coming from. Could it be Taylor is being coached w a 'just don't lose the game' mentality?

Or is Taylor not capable?

I could poke holes in any player in the league. The point is every one of the guys I mentioned is a better passer than Taylor and the Bills passed on drafting most of them.

I believed the 'coached not to lose' excuse when it was rookie EJ w/ rookie Marone, but not in this situation. Taylor been in the league for 7 years; if he had the ability, we'd see it on the field.

That sums it just about up. Forgot that you automatically are an EJ fan too I guess

Oh absolutely. Hes the greatest to. Forgot to mention him. Thanks for bringing him up. Dan Carpenter and Jordan Mills also. All the greatest. Rob Ryan also.

I thought I heard on the telecast today that TT doesn't see the field real well. He's listed at 6'1, which still is taller than Drew Brees (6'0) and Russell Wilson (5'11). Neither of them have much issue seeing the field and making throws.

What precisely has TT done this season to demonstrate he's improved as a pocket passer? I saw the Jags defense load up to stop the run in the first quarter and it worked quite well. If anyone thinks future opposing defenses aren't watching, they're crazy. The idea that defenses don't respect his passing ability should warrant concern after 4 years apprenticing in Baltimore and now with 25 NFL starts. His completion percentage, yards per attempt, and average yards passing per game are all down from 2015.

But something tells me the braintrust will remain in place, they'll keep TT, and we're looking at a ceiling of 9 wins.

Flutie was a winner. Big difference. Still don't get the hate for a QB who took us to the playoffs.

Sorry if I misled you. I don't hate Flutie, I think his time with the Bills was awesome and dumping him for RJ was probably second dumbest Bills thing after not starting him vs. Titans.

I meant that while Hotrod and Flutie are fleet of food, Flutie didn't run from clean pockets like Hotrod does.

That said, we won. No complaints on Hotrod's game today.

Go BILLS !!

So in other words if someone disagrees with you then they are a hater. Makes sense.

the fact that you took that out of what I said explains why you cannot be taken seriously.....someone could tell you the sky is blue and you would be compaining why they said it was gray....but carry on

I thought I heard on the telecast today that TT doesn't see the field real well. He's listed at 6'1, which still is taller than Drew Brees (6'0) and Russell Wilson (5'11). Neither of them have much issue seeing the field and making throws.

What precisely has TT done this season to demonstrate he's improved as a pocket passer? I saw the Jags defense load up to stop the run in the first quarter and it worked quite well. If anyone thinks future opposing defenses aren't watching, they're crazy. The idea that defenses don't respect his passing ability should warrant concern after 4 years apprenticing in Baltimore and now with 25 NFL starts. His completion percentage, yards per attempt, and average yards passing per game are all down from 2015.

But something tells me the braintrust will remain in place, they'll keep TT, and we're looking at a ceiling of 9 wins.

maybe at the end of the day he wont be a "pocket passer" and we should not turn him into one?

Sorry if I misled you. I don't hate Flutie, I think his time with the Bills was awesome and dumping him for RJ was probably second dumbest Bills thing after not starting him vs. Titans.

I meant that while Hotrod and Flutie are fleet of food, Flutie didn't run from clean pockets like Hotrod does.

That said, we won. No complaints on Hotrod's game today.

Go BILLS !!

Flutie took the Bills to the playoffs like Tebow, Osweiler and Manning took the Broncos to the playoffs.

I think the question of what to do with Tyrod Taylor is exceedingly difficult, and I'm glad I don't have to make it.

I think there are a lot of positives. He's a supreme running threat, which matters for the type of team Rex and Whaley have built and given the late season weather in Buffalo. He doesn't turn the ball over - 11 turnovers in 25 games - which matters for the type of team we have and is probably directly attributable to his winning record as a starter. (Not coincidently, EJ had three turnovers in the two games he started last year, both losses.) He throws one hell of a deep ball, which is important when lining up Goodwin and Watkins on the outside.

There are certainly negatives too. Accuracy. Seeing the open man. Getting the ball out quickly. Getting the ball moving for scores when we are trailing late in games. I'm having a hard time thinking of a late comeback authored by TT . . .

So, here's my thinking: Is the defense is going to be a top 10 defense for the next several years? With the investment in Lawson, Washington, Hughes, Ragland, Dareus, the Browns, and Darby, I'd say that a top 10 defense is a better than 70% chance. If that is the case, then the window is open now for a contending team and resigning Tyrod to be the starter makes sense. Not sure what the contract would look like against our cap, but I would rather spend the money on Tyrod for the next three years than play the QB carousel that simply hasn't worked since Jim Kelly left. I would resign him even if that means we make the playoffs even once in the next three years. Through the "Tyrod Sucks" clamor, I don't hear what better option is waiting out there, so I'd continue to bring in QBs via the draft until we hit on one.

I think he still doesn't always see over the middle. But I do believe he has gotten better and hopefully continues to but I'm not sure what the case is and people need to stop attacking Clay over the matter.

I don't think anyone is attacking Clay. Clay has also dropped quite a few balls. The blame lies on both TT and Clay. THey simply have not built that Chemistry. It is as simple as that. The only thing I would say is that fault lies more on TT as evidenced that in general his passing abilities have been poor

I don't think anyone is attacking Clay. Clay has also dropped quite a few balls. The blame lies on both TT and Clay. THey simply have not built that Chemistry. It is as simple as that. The only thing I would say is that fault lies more on TT as evidenced that in general his passing abilities have been poor

I'll say it again - Charles Clay missing every Wednesday with that knee can't be good for that chemistry.

I'm so tired of hearing about Chemistry and timing, and lack of practice together.

Why is it other teams just seems to plug and play and the Bills cant?

I'll say it again - Charles Clay missing every Wednesday with that knee can't be good for that chemistry.

He's gotten very old the last couple seasons.. Slow, plodding and doesn't seem athletic enough to reach up and snag a close but slightly inaccurate pass -as he did with Miami. JMO.

As for Taylor, I still like him and hold out hope, but I'm not seeing improvement in QB skills, just a ton of heart and will.

He's gotten very old the last couple seasons.. Slow, plodding and doesn't seem athletic enough to reach up and snag a close but slightly inaccurate pass -as he did with Miami. JMO.

As for Taylor, I still like him and hold out hope, but I'm not seeing improvement in QB skills, just a ton of heart and will.

I have a lot of trouble blaming Clay for his lack if production in this offense.