The game we should win that we lose!

BILLS55

b4 the season I went game by game. Had us at 8-8. And I hate predicting 8-8 because it seems like I didnt even try.

One of my themes was to be certain to have us win at least one game we should lose, and lose one game we should win.

Had us beating Cincy, and losing to Oakland.

Saying all that to say, I know what u mean. But gotdammit, we better beat the snot out of the Jags.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So under what circumstances would Rex and/or Whaley be axed?

I mean, a loss to a TUURRRIBLE Browns team wouldn't be a sign from a higher power?

What if we throw in the Jags as a loss as well? Does a loss to both of them make that happen?

Rex would have to lose the locker room. Once the majority of important players turn on a coach and that coach can't be effective, it's over. Rex and his crew would have to do a very poor job the rest of the way out and the team would have lose out (or come close to that) to lose the locker room. So it's possible, but highly unlikely. We are probably saddled with him for another year beyond this one. Just being realistic.

I agree, a loss to the Browns would be the end of EVERYONE. With that being said the Browns can't stop the run or move the ball. The Bills may beat them by 40. All joking aside I think that a 40+ point win in that game is more likely than a loss.

Not everyone. There's a few people who believe that beating a bad team only hurts the franchise.

I'm not suggesting that we lose this game coming up against the Jags. I do think we will win but in the past this is the trap game that the Bills always lose looking ahead to next week. The Raiders. This is the one we should win but lose. This game will show us if anything has really changed from the last 15 years and if Rex can actually motivate these clowns.

Bills already lost games they should have won. We are way past that.

I'm not suggesting that we lose this game coming up against the Jags. I do think we will win but in the past this is the trap game that the Bills always lose looking ahead to next week. The Raiders. This is the one we should win but lose. This game will show us if anything has really changed from the last 15 years and if Rex can actually motivate these clowns.

We were supposed to win against Miami and play for first place against the Patriots the following week....We got the Fish smattered on our face in the 4th quarter there.

Lot's of talented players on the Jags.......these aren't the Browns......there is a reason Jax was a popular preseason sleeper.

When you factor in the Bills injuries the Jags will probably be lining up the more capable group of football players this Sunday.

The key IMO is jumping on them early because the Jags are in the "garbage time" portion of their season already and much more likely to lose interest and roll over if they get down by a couple scores.

Why should we beat the Raiders? this is one we should lose.

This is a trap game for sure but against an awful football team at home. Without sounding overconfident you can play a C - game and still win. The Jags are playing that poorly. A loss is always possible but a decent Bills performance will be enough for a win this week.

I'm not worried too much about Sunday, but we can only lose one at most, so we have to hope Oakland has a bad against us. Our secondary better eat their wheat ties s that vertical threat of Oakland''s WR and Carr is impressive.

I'm not worried too much about Sunday, but we can only lose one at most, so we have to hope Oakland has a bad against us. Our secondary better eat their wheat ties s that vertical threat of Oakland''s WR and Carr is impressive.

Agreed

Pittsburgh, Oakland and Miami are the tough games and the Bills have to win 2 of the 3. It's not impossible but they are going to have to play better than last week to do so.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Agreed

Pittsburgh, Oakland and Miami are the tough games and the Bills have to win 2 of the 3. It's not impossible but they are going to have to play better than last week to do so.

Not too concerned about the Miami game. It's at home and the Bills should be much healthier/loaded than they were for the game in Miami. Pittsburgh thankfully is at home. Oakland is the tough one.

That's a very sound strategy.

Sincerely, the Browns.

Definitely?

Like for realz?

Yah, like, totally. And I doubt the Browns want to win at this point. They want the #1 overall pick.

That Pittsburgh game is tough even at home.

Big Ben is as good as any QB in the league. That combo of him, Bell and Brown is scary good.

True. I was just saying I'm glad it's a home game. Playing in Pgh is tough.

b4 the season I went game by game. Had us at 8-8. And I hate predicting 8-8 because it seems like I didnt even try.

One of my themes was to be certain to have us win at least one game we should lose, and lose one game we should win.

Had us beating Cincy, and losing to Oakland.

Saying all that to say, I know what u mean. But gotdammit, we better beat the snot out of the Jags.

I agree with the loss to Oakland. But they will win the rest. 10-6. But probably no playoffs still....

Big Ben is as good as any QB in the league. That combo of him, Bell and Brown is scary good.

Yes but their defense is not as good as in past years

This is a trap game for sure but against an awful football team at home. Without sounding overconfident you can play a C - game and still win. The Jags are playing that poorly. A loss is always possible but a decent Bills performance will be enough for a win this week.

This is the Bills we are talking about .... they haven't earned the right to play a "C-" game at a crucial point in their schedule

This is the Bills we are talking about .... they haven't earned the right to play a "C-" game at a crucial point in their schedule

They did it vs. Minnesota a few years ago and won. They did it last week against a decent opponent. When you are FAR superior (as the Bills are to the Jags) you can beat bad teams without playing great (especially at home). The Bills don't need to play great to win this game. They can be just okay and win.

I'm not so sure that we should have beat the Dolphins looking back. The Dolphins always play us tough at home. I had us splitting with Fish so the lose in Miami was expected.

You wouldn't have said that when we were leading 17-6 with a minute to go into the 4th Quarter.

Pittsburgh at Heinz Field is frightening. Pittsburgh anywhere else...not so much.

It's been the better part of 3 seasons now, the sample size is now too large to ignore. Roethlisberger is a very different QB on the road. Just look at this year alone.

Ben Roethlisberger 2016 home/road splits:

Att/gm 39.3 / 39.2

Yds/gm 336.8 / 235.4

Comp %: 71.3 / 59.2

TD/INT 15/2 / 5/5

Rating 123.8 / 74.3

Ben Roethlisberger Home/Road Split since 2014:

Home: 52 TD, 13 INT, 5,948 Yards

Away: 19 TD, 19 INT, 5,034 Yards

That game will come down to controlling the ball and containing Bell

Edited by JM57