Hope Whaley is scouting this kid

Bubba Gump

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Yeah, if Whaley is personally scouting a high school junior then he needs to be sent packing today. I'm betting Whaley is going to let this kid's career move along a bit before spending any time on him. That'd be the rational thing to do.

His big move is to do that curl spin and then he puts a lot of air under the ball.

I don't watch high school football, so I'm not sure I was watching anything that was far and away better than most other highly scouted HS QBs in that video.

Yeah, this highlight reel makes him look more like "tall Johnny Manziel" than anything else.

Something to build on, but at first glance he is a work in progress fundamentally. He does have a nice release, although ideally you'd like to see it come out a little higher. He can spin it though and with good coaching he'll be a pro player.

Only a Junior in High School, but this kid could be better than Roethlesberger. 6'6" almost 200 lbs already. I want to see the Bills in the playoffs sooner than later, but I'm willing to wait another 4-5 years if this kid pans out and they had the chance to draft him.

iirc Ben was already about 250 as a junior.

Also, Ben played WR. Not QB.

Edited by Boyst62

Only a Junior in High School, but this kid could be better than Roethlesberger. 6'6" almost 200 lbs already. I want to see the Bills in the playoffs sooner than later, but I'm willing to wait another 4-5 years if this kid pans out and they had the chance to draft him.

https://youtu.be/OTfNasYvTts

You really think Whaley will still be the GM 6 years from now? :lol:

Something to build on, but at first glance he is a work in progress fundamentally. He does have a nice release, although ideally you'd like to see it come out a little higher. He can spin it though and with good coaching he'll be a pro player.

He doesn't throw on a rope. To get distance, he needs a lot of altitude.

Lol the kid is from GA and he found him cause he's the # 1 prospect in the 2018 class. Most likely will go to UGA or Clemson

And he is what 17 max. Big deal

Forget it.... -He's bound to hit a bong or two in the next few years... -Possibly gain some post-pubescent weight.... We'd just end up cutting the little loser.. :rolleyes:

Edited by #34fan

You really think Whaley will still be the GM 6 years from now? :lol:

Good point.

Why would they be actively "scouting" him now? This isn't European soccer where they can sign these kids to youth contracts and stick them in their development academies.

You do realize professional organizations have scouts for all levels of sports, right? Baseball is probably more known for this than the other top three sports. When my nephew played HS baseball there were scouts at many of the games following one of his teammates. These teams know who's out there.