Karlos Williams suspended

Wayne Cubed

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, even though you're joking.

Whaley drafted this guy with zero regard for his potential for self destruction and he self destructed.

Whaley was applauded by some around here for finding him, but now he gets a free pass when KW plays himself off the team and out of the league.

Obviously, you can't back up that claim. I bet you he was very aware of that potential or else he would have drafted him much higher, based on talent alone.

Obviously, you can't back up that claim. I bet you he was very aware of that potential or else he would have drafted him much higher, based on talent alone.

Exactly.

He drafted him right where you'd consider injury and character concerns. He did more on the field than most day 3 ever do, but didn't reach his full potential.

If rating the pick both on what was known at the time, and how it ended up... give it a "B" maybe? Not going to get you on the honor roll but not going to get you beat up on the report card either

It's a bad sign that he was there with his brother in Pittsburgh, but still couldn't get his ship together.

For him or for his brother? Sounds like a bad question but the support systems are sometimes a big part of the problem

Exactly.

He drafted him right where you'd consider injury and character concerns. He did more on the field than most day 3 ever do, but didn't reach his full potential.

If rating the pick both on what was known at the time, and how it ended up... give it a "B" maybe? Not going to get you on the honor roll but not going to get you beat up on the report card either

For him or for his brother? Sounds like a bad question but the support systems are sometimes a big part of the problem

Could be if the family member is an enabler. I would think the Steelers thought Vince could help keep Karlos on the straight and narrow, but it doesn't matter if someone refuses to be helped.

That could be a separate topic all on its own. I think Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon are offended you forgot about them though.

Nope, didn't forget about them. Both played at least a few games after their rookie years. Unlike Karlos.

34 told us. Karlos is key ! Welp.

He obviously meant kilo.

Well established that I didn't like the pick. The history surrounding Karlos put me off instantly.

At the same point, I get that the NFL cares about character less than I do. I give them credit for cutting their losses quickly on a risky selection. Could've proved to be more detrimental if they kept him around.

He is not misuderstood . He is Key !

All some of these kids ever had to keep them straight is football... Take it away, and the rest comes undone... To this day, I don't think he should have been cut... If the coaching and leadership was worth a damn on this team he would not have been.

I guess we shouldn't tell him Karlos reportedly took an Uber to meet his drug dealer.

Threw his life away for a cheap ride, and free snacks... Sad.

Edited by #34fan

All some of these kids ever had to keep them straight is football... Take it away, and the rest comes undone... To this day, I don't think he should have been cut... If the coaching and leadership was worth a damn on this team he would not have been.

Threw his life away for a cheap ride, and free snacks... Sad.

Have you reconsidered whether you would trade him straight up for Zeke Elliott? Edited by Kirby Jackson

Have you reconsidered whether you would trade him straight up for Zeke Elliott?

Look, If that trade's still on the table, we should definitely do it. :nana: ... Thing is... I don't see Zeke running wild like that behind this O-line... I read he was averaging 110 a game... Our O-line's seemed to support Karlos' physical, big-back style, plus McCoy's creative, and elusive ability... Whether you want to admit it, or not, we really HAD something there... At the moment Zeke is just pure speed... -Hit's those huge holes, and it's 'see ya later'.