Karlos Williams suspended

Wayne Cubed

The way Talent is managed in this organization is laughable... We couldn't get Marshawn under control, or Stevie, or any other great talent that came through here, and went bust in the last 15 years... Legarette Blount was a f*#^ing space cadet in the early years... PIT put him to work regardless... Patriots had even more work for him when that was over....Karlos should have NEVER been cut... The kid needed a little help... Fatherhood is a huge plate...

And yet here we are with a guy like Richie in check (probably a better comp to Blount as a guy that absolutely burned numerous opportunities but stabilized as a vet)

Not every player and opportunity works out the same

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Talent is managed in this organization is laughable... We couldn't get Marshawn under control, or Stevie, or any other great talent that came through here, and went bust in the last 15 years... Legarette Blount was a f*#^ing space cadet in the early years... PIT put him to work regardless... Patriots had even more work for him when that was over....Karlos should have NEVER been cut... The kid needed a little help... Fatherhood is a huge plate...

WOW.....just wow

So Karlos toking his career down the drain is a Bills management issue?

What would you recommend? One of those life coach helmets that say "no?"

Edited by PromoTheRobot

And yet here we are with a guy like Richie in check (probably a better comp to Blount as a guy that absolutely burned numerous opportunities but stabilized as a vet)

Not every player and opportunity works out the same

I wonder how Dak Prescott's fortunes would have turned out, had he not been taken by Dallas... He had OTF issues as well... How can we consistently NOT get the best out of young players? I think it all goes back to the FO... The way talent is perceived, and managed on a elemental level... To be fair, the latest CBA, and it's condensed offseason program could have an effect on the way players show up in July.... http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/16582740/nfl-veterans-affected-condensed-offseason-program

So Karlos toking his career down the drain is a Bills management issue?

What would you recommend? One of those life coach helmets that say "no?"

In general, this management responds poorly to crisis... Our playoff record the last 17 years kind of crystalizes this.

I wonder how Dak Prescott's fortunes would have turned out, had he not been taken by Dallas... He had OTF issues as well... How can we consistently NOT get the best out of young players? I think it all goes back to the FO... The way talent is perceived, and managed on a elemental level... To be fair, the latest CBA, and it's condensed offseason program could have an effect on the way players show up in July.... http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/16582740/nfl-veterans-affected-condensed-offseason-program

This time last year karlos looked like a great steal too. Let's see where Dak goes. Every team has successes and failures with those risks. Sometimes those guys become pro bowlers and sometimes they get fat/high or kill a bunch of people. Sometimes all of the above.

I won't argue we are the best at it but I also won't say there's a team out there that doesn't miss. If you want to try to quantify it, I'd be glad to take a look but as is I'll say we take a lot of risks and it's been a mixed bag.

Pitt cut Blount almost immediately (he was in the car with Bell). They have had numerous suspensions for Bell and Bryant as well. The Bills haven't managed talent any less than anyone else. The Patriots drafted a guy that has potentially killed 5 people!!!!

The Bills took a guy in the 5th round with a lot of talent and major character concerns. He flashed his talent and his major character concerns.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Pitt cut Blount almost immediately (he was in the car with Bell). They have had numerous suspensions for Bell and Bryant as well. The Bills haven't managed talent any less than anyone else. The Patriots drafted a guy that has potentially killed 5 people!!!!

:mellow: And um... How many superbowl rings have they won in the last 15 years?... We're in the same division and can't make it to the playoffs for crying out loud... Aaron Hernandez is, was, and always will be a piece of sh__... -That's a fact... The Head Coach himself isn't above a little douchebaggery in order to get ahead... So why is NE able to manage these pieces of sh__ in a way that works out for the franchise?

-Part of that answer HAS to be, "Because they're willing to try"

The BS, bluster, and moral paltitiudes, are getting a litttle old... Winning cultures clearly don't require every player, (or coach) to be choir-boy-like in nature..

Edited by #34fan

:mellow: And um... How many superbowl rings have they won in the last 15 years?... We're in the same division and can't make it to the playoffs for crying out loud... Aaron Hernandez is, was, and always will be a piece of sh__... -That's a fact... The Head Coach himself isn't above a little douchebaggery in order to get ahead... So why is NE able to manage these pieces of sh__ in a way that works out for the franchise?

The BS, bluster, and moral paltitiudes, are getting a litttle old... Winning cultures clearly don't require every player, (or coach) to be choir-boy-like in nature..

Wait - you want more risky guys but are going to be upset when those guys don't work out?

Wait - you want more risky guys but are going to be upset when those guys don't work out?

It's been 17 years.... I think we should take more risks in general... I only get pissed when we make half-assed attempts to harvest the best from these young talents.

It's been 17 years.... I think we should take more risks in general... I only get pissed when we make half-assed attempts to harvest the best from these young talents.

What specific shortcomings did we have with karlos though? Just not working out isn't proof we missed the solution or took an unreasonable risk

We did....he showed up into camp as the staypuff marshemellow man.......then got busted for drugs

then they didnt cut him immediately and gave him the opportunity to drop the weight

then he didnt

In general, this management responds poorly to crisis... Our playoff record the last 17 years kind of crystalizes this.

Ah, yes. The drought. Dozens of different coaches, GMs, scouts, players, even new owners. And yet it's somehow all the same.

By the way, nice touch writing off this season.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

What specific shortcomings did we have with karlos though? Just not working out isn't proof we missed the solution or took an unreasonable risk

I HATE to keep doing this but the Patsies as an organization have employed two convicted cheaters, a convicted murderer, a RB-pothead, and a TE that slammed a former team-mate ON HIS NECK! -They are well beyond the need to justify the behavior of their components... -Why aren't we?

We did....he showed up into camp as the staypuff marshemellow man.......then got busted for drugs

then they didnt cut him immediately and gave him the opportunity to drop the weight

then he didn't

How much of an opportunity? -What'd they do? -Hand him a jump-rope and say "get busy, kid?"

Quitting pot AND fatty foods cold-turkey is no easy task.... I bet you're stuffing your self-righteous face as we speak.

Edited by #34fan

Now, I'm confused? The Bills have taken chances with lots of character concerns (Harvin, Richie, Karlos, Dareus, etc..).

I HATE to keep doing this but the Patsies as an organization have employed two convicted cheaters, a convicted murderer, a RB-pothead, and a TE that slammed a former team-mate ON HIS NECK! -They are well beyond the need to justify the behavior of their components... -Why aren't we?

How much of an opportunity? -What'd they do? -Hand him a jump-rope and say "get busy, kid?"

Quitting pot AND fatty foods cold-turkey is no easy task.... I bet you're stuffing your self-righteous face as we speak.

God damn right I am! THis food is goooood

Now, I'm confused? The Bills have taken chances with lots of character concerns (Harvin, Richie, Karlos, Dareus, etc..).S

See....obviously we didnt give Karlos ENOUGH of a chance

Now, I'm confused? The Bills have taken chances with lots of character concerns (Harvin, Richie, Karlos, Dareus, etc..).

Even Guys like Darby and Sammy had incidents on the resume

Mike Williams, kiko, duke, Hendersons drug issues aren't new. I don't have stats but under Whaley I have to think we have taken as many if not more guys with questions when looking around the league. Some have been home runs, some struck out.

See....obviously we didnt give Karlos ENOUGH of a chance

No.. In my opinion, we didn't...

1) Richie Incognito left a graphic, profanity-laced, message on a team-mates voicemail... While he's always been edgy, and belligerent, I don't think he qualifies as an off-the-field risk... And let's own it... Belligerent white-guys with character concerns don't face the same judgement by this society... Look who's president-elect, for crying out loud :lol:.

2) Harvin? -Really?... He's scored exactly ONE frickin' TD in his time with the bills... He's not a risk, he's a complete waste of time...

3) Dareus is simply into OBD for too much cash... 6-year 96.2mil with 60mil guaranteed? -They're reluctant to let such a significant investment go...

Even Guys like Darby and Sammy had incidents on the resume

Mike Williams, kiko, duke, Hendersons drug issues aren't new. I don't have stats but under Whaley I have to think we have taken as many if not more guys with questions when looking around the league. Some have been home runs, some struck out.

MIke Williams, I NEVER, NEVER, Liked.. That pickup was just brainless.... Timing didn't help Karlos' case either ... If you recall, the FO was under fire at the time for drafting injured players... Whale/Rex had to make it look like they were taking a stand.

Edited by #34fan

You realize he was with the Steelers when he got suspended again for pot, right? Do you think he has a future in the NFL anymore?