Thank god Mike Nugent is crappier than Tyrod

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With their conference record, 10 wins is still slim for them getting in.

I make 10-6 about a 50-50 shot but if they win out I give them around 90% chance of getting in because of how many of their "rivals" still have to play each other.

I can see a scenario where we are 9-7 and Denver are 9-7 going into week 17 and we need to win and for Oakland to knock over the champs - that is their most likely route for me.

Multiple ties at 10-6 are where it gets complicated... I'll have to wait for the ESPN playoff machine to go live to shake all those possibilities out. Isn't it usually up by now?

My guess is there will be multiple teams at 10-6 which is why conference record would bite us in the ass.

After the conference record its strength of victory which to this point isn't great for us.... Outside of that NE win.

Well, the Bills do play the Raiders and Steelers, so win vs. them and those tie breakers take precedence.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the first tie break for the wild card with 3 or more teams is to break the tie within each division first, so only the highest rated team is left in each division. Then they move on to other tie breakers. So if the Bills beat the Raiders and the Raiders, Bills and Kansas City all end up with the same record the Bills would win that tie break IF the Raiders won the head to head tie break with KC.

Of course, if the Raiders win that division a win over them doesn't help the Bills in terms of tie break other than adding a W to the conference record.

My guess is there will be multiple teams at 10-6 which is why conference record would bite us in the ass.

After the conference record its strength of victory which to this point isn't great for us.... Outside of that NE win.

As of last week our strength of victory was better than the teams we would likely to be in ties with. Not sure what this week's results did to that.

If multiple teams tie on 10-6 after conference record doesn't it go results in common matchups? I think that might be where we get bitten in the ass more. If it comes down to us and Miami it will not go to conference record it will come down to H2H and then division record first. If it comes to us and an AFC North team then it will come down to H2H. In terms of conference records the OOC records of the teams likely in the mix are. So not beyond the realm of possibility that our conference record is the same as the majority of those teams.

Bills 3-1

Colts 2-1 (Vikings left to play)

Raiders 2-1 (Panthers left to play)

Broncos 3-1

Chiefs 2-1 (Falcons left to play)

Shoulda lost again. 2 xp and a fg wins the game as halfrod fails to move the ball again and again with a great running game.

Swap him out, he's a waste of time.

Shoulda lost... shoulda won...

I don't count moral failures just like I don't count moral victories - because the NFL doesn't count them.

When we win, it's because we played well enough to win. When we lose, it's because we didn't play well enough to win.

I live a simple fan's life: I celebrate all victories and bemoan all losses.

Yesterday's win kept us - barely - in the playoff picture. It was a good game.

Got it can't prove me wrong that a Rookie at 2M cap hit can get you to .500 just like Taylor with a 16m cap hit.

Are you really arguing that the Bills should just draft a rookie QB and start him next year, just because? Because of a $16m salary cap hit?

Edited by Tenhigh

Are you really arguing that the Bills should just draft a rookie QB and start him next year, just because? Because of a $16m salary cap hit?

Did you read what my responses were too. Obviously not.

They were to John saying a Rookie would not get the level of play Tyrod would. When that is totally incorrect.

So a Rookie would give you the same level of play (likely) with upside (Taylor at ceiling) and 16M cheaper cap wise for 4 years

Edited by MAJBobby

You guys must love int's in close games....cuz that is what you get with a rookie

Meanwhile.....Tyrod should have had a TD on that dropped pass to our great TE.

I will take the win on the road with Shady, Woods, and Sammy not in the game

Dropped? The ball was thrown 3 yards too deep. Tyrod didn't set his feet well enough and overthrew Clay.

Did you read what my responses were too. Obviously not.

They were to John saying a Rookie would not get the level of play Tyrod would. When that is totally incorrect.

So a Rookie would give you the same level of play (likely) with upside (Taylor at ceiling) and 16M cheaper cap wise for 4 years

That bolded there, that is not a fact, Bobby. You know that it's wholly your opinion, and one that I find hard to even value without knowing which rookie it is you are talking about. It's wholly relative to so many factors that you have no control over (the rookie's strength and weaknesses, the offense that is run by the Bills, the OC of the Bills, the head coach of the Bills, the players reaction to starting a rookie QB, the pressure put on said rookie by the media/fans, the defense that the rookie is playing against, the DC on the opposing teams ability to scheme vs a rookie. It could go on forever. The way you are getting your point across it seems like you think that ANY rookie could step in and perform better than TT, which just makes no sense. You see?

You then use that savings to bring in offensive playmakers.....

Which rookie do you want?

That bolded there, that is not a fact, Bobby. You know that it's wholly your opinion, and one that I find hard to even value without knowing which rookie it is you are talking about. It's wholly relative to so many factors that you have no control over (the rookie's strength and weaknesses, the offense that is run by the Bills, the OC of the Bills, the head coach of the Bills, the players reaction to starting a rookie QB, the pressure put on said rookie by the media/fans, the defense that the rookie is playing against, the DC on the opposing teams ability to scheme vs a rookie. It could go on forever. The way you are getting your point across it seems like you think that ANY rookie could step in and perform better than TT, which just makes no sense. You see?

Cardale Jones (If things go south, give him 1-2 starts this year)

Trubisky, Watson, Kaaya.

If the 3rd or 4th rd. Chad Kelly.

Minnesota will probably release Bradford, Hoyer. If no one takes Romo he will be cut. See if you can sign one of those guy to a Backup QB contract. They can be the steady veteran to help out.

There are options.

If we are going to continue to be ground and pound, it makes zero sense to have a $17MM game manager.

Shoulda lost again. 2 xp and a fg wins the game as halfrod fails to move the ball again and again with a great running game.

Swap him out, he's a waste of time.

You can point to players messing up every week as a case to why you won or loss a game. If our kicker had hit a few crucial field goals and extra points in earlier games then maybe we would have a few more wins. If our number 1 and 2 wide receivers were healthy, if our number 1 safety was playing, if our number 2 draft pick was playing, if Mccoy didn't get hurt every other game, if our 100 million nose tackle Dareus didn't take drugs and was not injured, if we didn't commit 10 penalties, damn if if if if if if if, etc.... Hell we won a game. Sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesn't but I think it is about damn time we got lucky because luck doesn't ever seem to fall our way. Ryan stop being Mr. Negative. If Tyrod had all his weapons and he had them in practice I'm sure his timing would be a whole lot better. He extends more plays with his legs and picks up more first downs when we break down than any QB we have ever had. Does he need to get better, yes, but without Tyrod back there our team wouldn't have a chance. EJ is not the answer and Cardale is not ready.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

Again just pointing to a trend in NFL Rookie because of all the passing 7 on 7 camps etc and how NFL rules are skewed toward the passing game in recent years Rookie QBs are coming into the league and performing at least at a .500 level. Why because really for the most part all NFL teams are really .500 teams

Cardale Jones (If things go south, give him 1-2 starts this year)

Trubisky, Watson, Kaaya.

If the 3rd or 4th rd. Chad Kelly.

Minnesota will probably release Bradford, Hoyer. If no one takes Romo he will be cut. See if you can sign one of those guy to a Backup QB contract. They can be the steady veteran to help out.

There are options.

If we are going to continue to be ground and pound, it makes zero sense to have a $17MM game manager.

Look at how bad Rodgers played last year when his number 1 receiver was injured. The only guy I have ever seen play to a high level when his top offensive talent was not on the field is none other than Tom Brady. There's not a QB in the league other than Brady who would look good throwing to our scrap running routes. Tate, Goodwin, and a guy we just grabbed after a year lay off "Harvin" are our Wide receivers. If Woods and Watkins are hurt then we have the worst receivers in the entire NFL.

Look at how bad Rodgers played last year when his number 1 receiver was injured. The only guy I have ever seen play to a high level when his top offensive talent was not on the field is none other than Tom Brady. There's not a QB in the league other than Brady who would look good throwing to our scrap running routes. Tate, Goodwin, and a guy we just grabbed after a year lay off "Harvin" are our Wide receivers. If Woods and Watkins are hurt then we have the worst receivers in the entire NFL.

3800 yards and 31 TD's?

That's bad?

What is Taylor then with his 2800 yards and 20 TD's

Again doesn't matter who the WRs are if they are open. Which the All 22 shows.