Thank god Mike Nugent is crappier than Tyrod

Look at how bad Rodgers played last year when his number 1 receiver was injured. The only guy I have ever seen play to a high level when his top offensive talent was not on the field is none other than Tom Brady. There's not a QB in the league other than Brady who would look good throwing to our scrap running routes. Tate, Goodwin, and a guy we just grabbed after a year lay off "Harvin" are our Wide receivers. If Woods and Watkins are hurt then we have the worst receivers in the entire NFL.

We all knew this in the preseason. DW didn't acquire talent everywhere. He gave Rex enough defensive talent to be competitive. And Roman enough talent on offense to build a running attack. During preseason, we all acknowledged that WR depth was a problem. As a running team, it seemed the most logical place to have a problem if we had to have a problem somewhere.

With Sammy and Woods missing most of the season, and playing hurt when they find the field at all, it's haunting us.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again doesn't matter who the WRs are if they are open. Which the All 22 shows.

so timing is not an issue when you have different guys lining up every week? Also, you can show the All 22 on any team and you would see the same thing. Qb's miss guys open all the time. I said he needs to improve but at this time we have nothing better and I do believe that as a second year starter he has done pretty well without weapons on the field the last 2 years.

so timing is not an issue when you have different guys lining up every week? Also, you can show the All 22 on any team and you would see the same thing. Qb's miss guys open all the time. I said he needs to improve but at this time we have nothing better and I do believe that as a second year starter he has done pretty well without weapons on the field the last 2 years.

Ahhhh more excuses.

Let me guess timing an issue whenever Sammy comes back and Tyrod continues to miss open WR.

I am not talking inaccurate throws I am talking MISSING THEM RUNNING WIDE OPEN and not throwing them the ball because most of the time he is running out of the pocket due to non existent pressure

3800 yards and 31 TD's?

That's bad?

What is Taylor then with his 2800 yards and 20 TD's

Good find, I didn't realize he did that well. I did notice that it was his lowest passing yards, his lowest throwing Pct%, and highest sack total taken by more than double. His performance did slip but he is a future HOF and still did a great job. I would not have guessed that he actually performed that well, again good find.

Ahhhh more excuses.

Let me guess timing an issue whenever Sammy comes back and Tyrod continues to miss open WR.

I am not talking inaccurate throws I am talking MISSING THEM RUNNING WIDE OPEN and not throwing them the ball because most of the time he is running out of the pocket due to non existent pressure

Timing will be off with Sammy, but he will pull coverage his way and create others to be open hopefully. I agree with you for the most part. He needs to improve but he is the best we have and I don't feel he is as bad as some think.

Again just pointing to a trend in NFL Rookie because of all the passing 7 on 7 camps etc and how NFL rules are skewed toward the passing game in recent years Rookie QBs are coming into the league and performing at least at a .500 level. Why because really for the most part all NFL teams are really .500 teams

But you understand that just because some rookies are doing well doesn't really guarantee that one will do well in Buffalo, right? Based on the QBs in your sig, which do you think would get us to 500?

But you understand that just because some rookies are doing well doesn't really guarantee that one will do well in Buffalo, right? Based on the QBs in your sig, which do you think would get us to 500?

Trubinksy Watson both would have us right where we are right now.

Little down on Kizer right now but still think he is going to be a good NFL QB, should stay in school though.

Like Mason R a lot as well.

The timing issue is on the QB not the WR. Besides TT seems to only throw sideline outs, hooks, or checkdowns. Timing is not needed on those throws.

Taylor was bad yesterday, but on that play he's throwing to a spot. Harvin ran a terrible route and wasn't at the spot.

Yep. Agreed. Why we were throwing in the first place confused me. The previous 3rd down throw was a bad ball on Tyrod but the final one was Percy not being where he should be..... which is about par for the course with him.

Trubinksy Watson both would have us right where we are right now.

Little down on Kizer right now but still think he is going to be a good NFL QB, should stay in school though.

Like Mason R a lot as well.

So, you're already kicking Cardale to the curb? I'm saying we shouldn't draft another QB this year, but there is no reason to think that anyone we draft will be more ready (or have more potential) than Cardale will in 2017. I'm not a big fan of drafting for perceived need, but we better be looking WR in round 1 or at the very latest, round 2.

Yep. Agreed. Why we were throwing in the first place confused me. The previous 3rd down throw was a bad ball on Tyrod but the final one was Percy not being where he should be..... which is about par for the course with him.

All around bad - bad play and bad play call given Harvin's cluelessness.

So, you're already kicking Cardale to the curb? I'm saying we shouldn't draft another QB this year, but there is no reason to think that anyone we draft will be more ready (or have more potential) than Cardale will in 2017. I'm not a big fan of drafting for perceived need, but we better be looking WR in round 1 or at the very latest, round 2.

Did I kick Cardale to curb. I didn't I just know what he is a 2 year project. At best.

"the timing issue is on the qb not the wr"

WTF

What's the issue jfh? When WR are standing still on the sideline or standing still after just running a hook or standing still being a check down receiver, there isn't much "timing" involved, hence no yac, ever.

Timing is a quick slant, which is never run, seam throws, which he doesn't throw or throwing the WR open which he also doesn't do. Maybe you watch different games or something.

What's the issue jfh? When WR are standing still on the sideline or standing still after just running a hook or standing still being a check down receiver, there isn't much "timing" involved, hence no yac, ever.

Timing is a quick slant, which is never run, seam throws, which he doesn't throw or throwing the WR open which he also doesn't do. Maybe you watch different games or something.

You do realize that sometimes QBs expect their pass catcher to come back for the ball?

The real problem is you cant have a WR like Goodwin trying to do that.....that is why I dont like Goodwin on these plays we need a big physical guy that will fight for it.

Bottom line is that Tyrod is the weak link on our team. He is a bottom 5 QB passing the football. Sure he can escape pressure at times, but he is nowhere close to Mike Vick running the football. And he needs to be Vick in his prime to make up for his inaccuracy and indecision in the passing game. If you think TT is the answer at QB going forward, you are blind to the truth, or your standards of what a starting QB should be are amazingly low. We have gotten by w an amazing running game and a tenacious defense. But this is the NFL and not the Big 12 or Pac 12. NFL Defenses will eventually stop your running game enuf to make you hit passes in key moments. Tyrod rarely does that. And that is a big reason why we are only 5-5.

We need a QB that can pass the football, AND is not afraid to pass the football. Cardale Jones could very well be that. (I have no idea why so many say he is not ready) The guy can ball. And a veteran like Romo should also be in the mix. Until we have a passing game to compliment the running game, getting to the playoffs will be very difficult. How many of you were dreaming of Kirk Cousins being are QB while watching the Sunday nite game?

You do realize that sometimes QBs expect their pass catcher to come back for the ball?

The real problem is you cant have a WR like Goodwin trying to do that.....that is why I dont like Goodwin on these plays we need a big physical guy that will fight for it.

Your missing his point completely because you refuse to see any issue with Tyrod. We don't run any routes (rarely) that require timing. Contested balls on Comebacks etc etc are because the Ball came out Late nothing to do with WR not coming back for the ball

Bottom line is that Tyrod is the weak link on our team. He is a bottom 5 QB passing the football. Sure he can escape pressure at times, but he is nowhere close to Mike Vick running the football. And he needs to be Vick in his prime to make up for his inaccuracy and indecision in the passing game. If you think TT is the answer at QB going forward, you are blind to the truth, or your standards of what a starting QB should be are amazingly low. We have gotten by w an amazing running game and a tenacious defense. But this is the NFL and not the Big 12 or Pac 12. NFL Defenses will eventually stop your running game enuf to make you hit passes in key moments. Tyrod rarely does that. And that is a big reason why we are only 5-5.

We need a QB that can pass the football, AND is not afraid to pass the football. Cardale Jones could very well be that. (I have no idea why so many say he is not ready) The guy can ball. And a veteran like Romo should also be in the mix. Until we have a passing game to compliment the running game, getting to the playoffs will be very difficult. How many of you were dreaming of Kirk Cousins being are QB while watching the Sunday nite game?

I want a pocket passing qb....waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Your missing his point completely because you refuse to see any issue with Tyrod. We don't run any routes (rarely) that require timing. Contested balls on Comebacks etc etc are because the Ball came out Late nothing to do with WR not coming back for the ball

I totally disagree with this.....sometimes wr's DO need to fight for a ball

The problem is....Goodwin should not be asked to do that because he cant

THAT is on Tyrod