Bills signing S James Ihedigbo; cut Duke Williams

YoloinOhio

Duke was big, fast and physical. He just couldn't play football. Can someone remind me why the Bills let Rambo go? He felt like the perfect depth safety to me.

Another reminder that training camp talk cannot be trusted. All summer we heard about how Duke had turned a corner. Season starts and he is getting toasted on the game-winning touchdown.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke was big, fast and physical. He just couldn't play football. Can someone remind me why the Bills let Rambo go? He felt like the perfect depth safety to me.

Yeah he was awful, hopefully he catches on somewhere else. He was a special teamer at best and that might even be stretching it.

And somewhere, Mia Khalifa sheds a tear.

Haha. He and Chad Kelly have more time slide in her DMs now though!

I wanted to like Duke but he was always terrible. I've always like JI's game. Physical player and good STer, so definitely an upgrade. Of course, Mark Kelso would be an upgrade over Duke.

Off the top of my head, Gillislee, Rambo, and Mills were signed at least midway into the season, so there is quality available at this time of year.

yeah I think a lot of it depends on system fit at this point in the season. The Bills have been good at this in recent years. Marquis Gray was another November street FA signing a couple years ago who contributed.

I do wonder why they didn't sign him last week because he was one of I think 4 safeties they worked out and went with Sergio. Maybe he had other workouts and didn't want to sign yet.

Mercifully Duke is gone, he was worthless and more importantly didn't seem to give a ****.

Edited by YoloinOhio

comment is exactly right........Rambo gone - not under contract, nothing invested, wasn't drafted to Whaley. Same reasons in revers why Duke was still here

Miami signed him a couple weeks ago. He was not medically cleared to play until then. I'm not sure if he can run. Haven't watched him play yet.

Can you believe how many ex-Bills are on the Dolphins roster?

Rambo, Urbik, MarQuies Gray, Alonso, M. Williams.....am I missing anyone??

Best of luck with your reality TV career, Duke.

I will give Rex and Whaley credit, they took the bye week to re-assess and light a fire under their team.

That is a fair assessment of Rex and Doug are doing. The problem is it is likely too late for this season. We are 4-5 with a must win game against the Bengals this Sunday. Not sure why the fire was not lit before the opening game against the Ravens. If we had beaten two of these three (Baltimore, Jets and Ravens) we would be looking a whole lot better at this point.

Real curious to see the performance against Cinci. They are a physical solid team. But not a dominant great team. They are coming off a tough game in New York last nite and have a short week to prepare. We on the other hand are coming off a bye and should be in better health and rested. In my opinion this is a bellweather game for the Ryan regime. Everything is at stake this Sunday. No reason we don't come out guns blazing on both sides of the ball, and just kick a tired beaten down Bengals team right in the mouth. A solid win could send us on a nice run with Jacksonville following next weekend. A soft uninspired mistake filled performance (similar to the Philly Washington and KC games last year) and the season is in the toilet. And we can start looking for a new coaching staff. It will be interesting to see which team shows up.

It just sucks that our season could be over after game 10 of the regular season. I hope everyone on the team gets that from Whaley on down to all the coaches and players.

Asked a Lions fan for an opinion on Ihedigbo. Said he's too old/slow to cover, essentially a LB playing safety.

He'll fit right in.

I'll be happy if he can at least be in the right spot for a change -- Duke was young and fast but couldn't figure out where to go.