Bills signing S James Ihedigbo; cut Duke Williams

YoloinOhio

I'll be happy if he can at least be in the right spot for a change -- Duke was young and fast but couldn't figure out where to go.

The experience with Rex is why I'm not knocking it. Got to try something.

Just don't hold your breath on an impact for a guy out of work for months, nearly 33 and is a decade removed from running a 4.77 :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a fair assessment of Rex and Doug are doing. The problem is it is likely too late for this season. We are 4-5 with a must win game against the Bengals this Sunday. Not sure why the fire was not lit before the opening game against the Ravens. If we had beaten two of these three (Baltimore, Jets and Ravens) we would be looking a whole lot better at this point.

Real curious to see the performance against Cinci. They are a physical solid team. But not a dominant great team. They are coming off a tough game in New York last nite and have a short week to prepare. We on the other hand are coming off a bye and should be in better health and rested. In my opinion this is a bellweather game for the Ryan regime. Everything is at stake this Sunday. No reason we don't come out guns blazing on both sides of the ball, and just kick a tired beaten down Bengals team right in the mouth. A solid win could send us on a nice run with Jacksonville following next weekend. A soft uninspired mistake filled performance (similar to the Philly Washington and KC games last year) and the season is in the toilet. And we can start looking for a new coaching staff. It will be interesting to see which team shows up.

It just sucks that our season could be over after game 10 of the regular season. I hope everyone on the team gets that from Whaley on down to all the coaches and players.

Good post.

It just sucks that our season could be over after game 10 of the regular season. I hope everyone on the team gets that from Whaley on down to all the coaches and players.

If you looked at the over/under on how many games into a season we get before it's over for the year, 10 would be about normal.

The Bills have a chance this year to extend the number to 16. This Sunday is the key. They need to win out except probably for Oakland. All doable. But they can't lose to the Bengals and then expect to run the table every single week for the rest of the season.

Duke was big, fast and physical. He just couldn't play football. Can someone remind me why the Bills let Rambo go? He felt like the perfect depth safety to me.

Wait a minute....Duke NOT so fast, and not so smart, apparantly............Adious Amigo!

Edited by bigK14094

I watched him play 3 or 4 years ago for the Ravens and I thought he was pretty good in the box. He's a hard hitter, but pretty terrible in coverage. Not sure that's what our secondary needs at this point but whatever.

Oh yeah, I think he picked off Andy Dalton like 4 times one season, so that's probably the thought process here.

lol Rex

I watched him play 3 or 4 years ago for the Ravens and I thought he was pretty good in the box. He's a hard hitter, but pretty terrible in coverage. Not sure that's what our secondary needs at this point but whatever.

Oh yeah, I think he picked off Andy Dalton like 4 times one season, so that's probably the thought process here.

lol Rex

I agree that an over the hill safety isn't gonna be the answer, but getting one that is familiar with your upcoming opponent isn't the dumbest idea in the world, either.

Celebrate Duke Williams is gone. Fireball!!!

agree. amazing he lasted as long as he did. Safety is an issue. With AW, awesome, without AW, big issues.

Awesome. Now if only they'd cut Tyrod and Mills too.

Sorry, couldn't help myself

Dont laugh, a healthy Kujo and Henderson probably does get Mills cut at year end. We have 3+ NFL tackles now, not counting Mills

agree. amazing he lasted as long as he did. Safety is an issue. With AW, awesome, without AW, big issues.

Dont laugh, a healthy Kujo and Henderson probably does get Mills cut at year end. We have 3+ NFL tackles now, not counting Mills

Mills is a UFA after this season.

NOOOO!! No more Escape from NY references. No more YOU'RE THE DUKE, A NUMBA WAHNNNNNN. I really hoped the Duke would stick, but for every play he made, he would get burnt like 10 other times. He's as dead as Isaac Hayes on the 59th Street Bridge. It will be interesting to see how Ihedigbo's name is butchered on the board.

We are running seriously low on Williams.

Only Kyle and Jonathan left on the active roster, right?

Cue the calls to re-sign Fat Karlos.