Tension mounts as more change feared in Cleveland

YoloinOhio

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horton isn't a very good DC and that's shown in the Browns defense this season. They are talent deficient to be sure, but there also has been far too many fundamental mistakes by that defense. And they aren't improving in that regard. I was surprised by his hire, but maybe no one else would take the job.

Thank you Terry and Kim. I think the Bills have a pretty good FO. Not sure yet about the coach, but the foundation starts in the FO. Stability and consistency of vision and approach are so important. Hue Jackson, Mike Pettine are both good coaches who have been fed into the sausage machine. In another era, I would be happy with Jackson as OC and Pettine as DC.

Edited by Utah John

Horton isn't a very good DC and that's shown in the Browns defense this season. They are talent deficient to be sure, but there also has been far too many fundamental mistakes by that defense. And they aren't improving in that regard. I was surprised by his hire, but maybe no one else would take the job.

Seemed pretty good in Arizona

That team is a complete train wreck...from top to bottom...at least we can say Thank God we aren't the Browns

Seemed pretty good in ArizonaThat team is a complete train wreck...from top to bottom...at least we can say Thank God we aren't the Browns

Maybe I should give Horton more credit and wait and see what he does with more talent next year or even in 2018, but that defense is even worse than its personnel this season. And that's saying something because the personnel is bad.

I hate seeing anyone use the Browns as any kind of measuring stick for the Bills or any other team. If that's what you have to resort to saying, then things must be pretty bad where you are,

Well they can't have everything. They already have the Cavs & the Indians. I think they may be out of favors.

So just so you know Hugh Jackson was my pick if we DIDNT hire Rex......

Just goes to show you its not as easy as just firing a HC and hiring another one...there actually needs to be a viable HC available

It's insane to make any judgments about Jackson at this point. He has been done to his 4th string qb.

I'd trade Jackson for Rex in a second if we have the same roster. Does anyone expect Rex to be doing much better in Cleveland?

they need to try and go 0-16. The 2008 Lions ruled

I hate the idea of tanking but this is the right move. 3-13 gets you nothing.

A big part of the Bills problem is they never quite hit rock bottom.

Moneyball and analytics is panning out big time. :thumbsup:

Moneyball and analytics never meant that the Browns would be good this year. This is part of a several season accumulation of talent, both of quality and quantity. And it is the right approach.

Winning is about quality scouting, prudent talent acquisition and retention, and luck, not hitting rock bottom in all cases. If you have the #1 pick, you can trade it for multiple valuable high picks, but the Bills' problem hasn't been a failure to hit rock bottom. Many of the top teams in the league now can't attribute their current success to a "bottom" that they hit at some relatively recent point.

It's insane to make any judgments about Jackson at this point. He has been done to his 4th string qb.

I'd trade Jackson for Rex in a second if we have the same roster. Does anyone expect Rex to be doing much better in Cleveland?

I hate the idea of tanking but this is the right move. 3-13 gets you nothing.

I agree on both points (HC and tank). Mediocre records lead to mediocre draft picks and those mediocre picks sometimes force a GM to make a trade he otherwise might not, or even pick a player who has issues, but, is an otherwise "good value."