Tension mounts as more change feared in Cleveland

YoloinOhio

Does ANY coach or player want that on their resume??

That's why the idea of a "tank" is funny in pro sports is funny to me - "Oh I'm one of the best coaches / athletes in the world! That 0 - 16 season? Pay no attention to THAT year!"

Winning is how they get jobs, endorsements and keep their careers going...

Trust me Jackson WANTS to win as many as possible, draft position be damned.

agreed. He didn't pull the rookie on TNF because he wanted to tank. The FO wants to play Kessler because they are in evaluation mode now (their words). Hue thought he had a chance to win since he was up at the half and went with what is considered the better QB in mccown. It backfired and we don't know what would have happened with Kessler but his ego took over. He is getting roasted for it after getting somewhat of a pass all season. The media is now all over him. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should you really? By results, they haven't been any better than the browns as of the past two decades.

I live in Cleveland. I feel far better about the direction and effort of the Bills. Our ownership is vastly superior and the rest will take care of itself. Haslam is almost completely incompetent as an owner. It's pretty ignorant to think the two situations similar.

I live in Cleveland. I feel far better about the direction and effort of the Bills. Our ownership is vastly superior and the rest will take care of itself. Haslam is almost completely incompetent as an owner. It's pretty ignorant to think the two situations similar.

I have to think that only those who don't follow the Browns (by choice or by being in the media market) make those comments

0 - 16

no franchise qb at #1 in upcoming draft.

cheer up bills fans....it could be worse.

no, it really couldn't. that team's got like 15 picks in the first 5 rounds. they're going to clean up.

meanwhile, the bills are cruising toward their comfort zone of 8-8ville, and another middling pick.

Results matter, do they not?

17 years and counting, but hey at least we're not the WORST team in the league, right?

:rolleyes:

You really didn't need a good GM or a really special scouting department to "take a chance" on guy like Wilson.

He was a 3rd round pick...a nothing pick in today's NFL. All you needed was anyone on the Bills FO (Whaley, even, for instance) who had a television so they could have watched Wilson play football in college (either college).

The Browns are doomed because the guys running the FO don't know how to play in the NFL.

I guess, maybe what I meant was... instead of limited picks and reaching for immediate needs and depth needs for the first 2-3 rounds... you would have many picks where those can be addressed *and* you can draft a promising QB prospect without losing a chance at immediate needs.